Wednesday, August 4, 2010

blog comment/ headlines/ shopping

Jul. 31 Blog comment: Yesterday Anonymous posted on my Jul. 30 blog post "news/ future self/ job interviews":

"Hey there. I really admire your struggle through the tedious drone of life. I'm sad that your date didn't work out, and I hope you find that right guy out there. I think you are an amazing writer, and you should keep it up. You will find a great job and a great guy. It is just a matter of perseverance. Keep your stick on the ice."

That is so nice and sweet for this person to encourage me.

Friends: I thought the other good thing was that my friend Justin emailed me back. It turns out he was let go from his cafe job, but he still has his office job so that's good. It was cool to hear from him.

Aug. 1 Headlines: You know Jay Leno and how he reads newspaper headlines. Well since I'm unemployed I've been reading a lot of the newspaper and I found some things that I will send to him.

Stupid criminals: "Woman drops off resume while allegedly stealing clothes from the same store." "...She was wearing clothing she had allegedly stolen from the business on a previous day." It was on a security camera."

Cops on coffee break arrest Starbucks robber." The uniformed cops were in the Starbucks when the robber goes to the till and starts demanding money.

Three women dined and dashed from a Waffle House restaurant without paying their $40 bill. They forgot their purses and woman came back for it. The manager got the police and they used the ID in the women's a wallets to track them down.

My favorite: "What have we learned? In other crime news, police in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., said a man used a crucifix to pry open a church's donation box and steal the cash inside. According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, an arrest quickly followed."

Vandalism: "This is a desecration of a cemetery. Snapping off an angel's stone penis is just not done." -German fashion designer Wolfgang Joop

The last three paragraphs are actually from the Edmonton Journal's Sunday Reader section. These last two are borderline funny. That means, it's not totally guaranteed to get a laugh.

"Man apologizes for fire sparked by grow-op." The headline is funny, but not the article because the fired damaged homes.

"Teens use missing (Louis) Riel sword as fight prop."

Funny pictures: I'll send in a few funny pics:

1. A very lifelike T-rex that are standing over children.
2. A guy floating in a boat with a huge Kermit the Frog with him. It's called "The Old Frog and the Sea."
3.A little girl with her grandma sitting in between a huge plastic pig that's wearing a necklace with a soap on it that says the word "soap." On the other side it's a plastic rooster. Very cartoon.

Online cleaning: I'm deleting old book marks and emails that are useless. They hold me back from moving forward.

Aug. 2 Online dating: This guy I went out with 2 weeks ago, emailed me back saying he wants to hang out again. That was weird because we didn't email or call each other at all that time. I said I wasn't interested because we didn't really connect and wished him luck.

Now he just emailed me back saying: "It was your fault." Well that definitely proves that we're not a good match. I say something nice by wishing you luck, and then you diss me.

Actors: I had this random flashback of the actress Rashida Jones. She's on Parks and Recreation.

Me: Wasn't she on the TV show Boston Public where she plays the secretary? It was on way back in 2000/2001.

I looked it up on imdb.com and I was right! She was in a lot of episodes, but her role wasn't really that big. I can't believe I remember her. The scene I remember is where she overhears a teacher talking to another teacher about how he is having a sexual relationship with a student.

Shopping: I have mentioned that I am so sick of shopping, but today I did go shopping. I didn't buy anything. I browsed. The last time I shopped was two weeks ago, but it's because I bumped into my friend Jessica and her family and we walked around a bit. Last week I was at Bonnie Doon mall for an interview, but I didn't shop. I read the newspaper instead. Not only is Dollarama jumping the gun by putting out Halloween stuff, but so is Party Central.

Aug. 3: Today I did go shopping and the only thing I bought was that I renewed my library card for $12. I resisted the urge to by 2 packs of 8 AA batteries for $5 at Shoppers Drug Mart and 2 for $30 Robin Thicke cds. I need to save money and that library card is going to last really long.

4 comments:

Laraib said...

Thank you again for all the knowledge u distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, best led grow lights for indoor plants

Unknown said...

Find cheap products at Handi.com. Buy best cheap products direct from factory at low prices.
Shopping at Handi.com

Fashionz App said...

Online Shopping for Fashion & Lifestyle. Buy Shoes, Clothing, Accessories and lifestyle products for women & men. Browse Fashion, Footwear, Handbags, Jewelry.
Online Shopping for Men
Online Shopping for Women
Buy Clothing for Men Online

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.