Monday, August 9, 2010

fun/ dialogue/ cliche

Aug. 7 Fun: Today I went to the farmer's market in downtown. Martin Kerr from Canadian Idol 2008 finalist was there playing guitar and singing. He was busking for money and he had a cd there. He's talented.

There was also this 7 yr old Asian boy playing the violin and busking for money. His parents were there and bought him a candy apple. Did you know that Justin Beiber busked for money by singing and playing the guitar when he was a kid?

I saw a young woman with this tattoo on her left wrist that said: "No codeine, no penicillin." I thought that was interesting.

I checked out the Caribbean festival in Churchill Square today.

Friends: I was chatting with my friend Michelle on Facebook today. She lives in Airdrie and I told her I drove by it when I was on my way to Calgary. We talked a bit about my job search. I emailed my friend Chamnouer some job positions, and she emailed me back saying she got a job at a store and have been working there for a month now.

Good for her. It kind of gives me hope that if Chamnouer can get a regular job in the summer, I'm sure I can too. I'm still looking for a job, but I feel like I will get one by fall when people go back to school. That's what happened last fall when I got Call Centre #3 job.

Job search: I applied to a few positions in the Edmonton Journal classifieds today. I picked up the Edmonton Examiner and there weren't any positions.

Danica McKeller: Do you remember her as Winnie on the TV show The Wonder Years? She has been writing math books for teen girls. She has the 3rd one published. I saw an interview of her on Yahoo and she was talking about how girls can be smart and sexy. That you don't have to dumb yourself down for guys. She's actually expecting a child by mid- Sept.

Jaleel White: He played Urkel on Family Matters. I saw an interview with him on Yahoo awhile back. He's acting, writing, and producing this sitcom called Fake It till You Make It.

VW bug: Maybe it's because of the long car ride to and from Calgary, but I saw 5 green VW bugs. I'm sure some of you would say: "I saw 10 silver cars that are the same make." People notice different things. I guess I noticed this car because it's unique, I don't see a lot of those kind of cars in that color. It's also because it's in Mandy Moore's first music video "Candy." She drives in that one.

Aug. 8 Post Secret: There was a secret this week that said: "I want to save people from what I'm afraid of." There is a childrens' book illustration of a fire truck with fire fighters.

News: I read in the Globe and Mail about this one African- American teenager who almost drowned, and his friends tried to save him, but they drowned instead. Did you know that 69% of African- Americans don't swim very well or at all? 41% of whites do.

African- Americans don't swim because they're not interested, they don't have pools in their neighborhoods, they don't have money for lessons. As for whites, it's the opposite.

I read this also in the Globe and Mail awhile ago, about old technology that still exists. Did you know that the NYPD still uses typewriters? I remember seeing that on an episode of Law and Order: SVU that sets there.

Actors: You know the singer Cory Lee? She has the song "The Naughty Song." Well she played a singer in Instant Star, and a hotel receptionist in The Listener. Now she's a teacher on Degrassi: The Next Generation. All the shows are shot in Toronto.

Dialogue: I have writer's block. I should write more about writing. I was thinking about dialogue and how people don't always say what they're thinking. I remember in the Buffy season 3 episode where she develops telepathy. It's interesting to see that everything that Cordelia thinks she says.

C (thinks): I'm so bored.
C says: I'm so bored.

As for Willow, she thinks one thing and says another.

Focus: I got focused and spent a couple of hours on Kijiji looking for a job. I was going through the past few days of the Edmonton Journal's classifieds. I applied to a lot of the Kijiji postings and feel accomplished. I also went to Career Builder.

Cliche: It was awhile ago, but I kind of caught a cliche. I was watching Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) comes onto Conan O'Brien. She's running and then she steps up and lost her balance, and almost falls backward. Fortunately, Conan catches her just in time. It was a little comedy and action.

I thought to use it and write it into my script so these 2 characters can bond. Then I was watching a Heartland rerun. I missed the first half of the episode so that's why I was watching the beginning. I remember an episode in the 1st season where a horse kind of jumps and then Ty pulls Amy out of the stall and protects her from getting hurt. I realized it's been done.

Aug. 9 Fat Burger: I applied there on Job Bank, and maybe Kijiji. Then I emailed my resume when I saw their ad in the newspaper. I picked up a Job Classified and the Edmonton Journal classifieds and as usual, there are no positions. I picked up 24 and did some research on places, but they were really far away.

No comments: