Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wide Awake/ job fair/ job interviews

Jul. 4 Wide Awake: I saw this TV movie a couple of weeks ago. It came out in 2007, and it stars Missy Peregrym. They're airing it now because her new show Rookie Blue is on. She plays Cassie, a narcoleptic who works at a science lab for the past 6 yrs where she studies the cure for her condition.

They injected it into 3 people, and they died instantly. C meets a reporter to discuss it. A lab guy Konzelman takes her to an underground parking lot to see FBI agent Park. He's Asian, so then he shoots Lab guy, about to shoot C, but her dog Molly stops him. C shoots agent in self defense.

C gets Konzelman's briefcase and goes to his home. Since C shot FBI agent, police are onto her. C is on the run to figure out who ruined the cure. C has 2 cops on her. C is in contact with reporter Rob. He's played by Anthony Lemke. I looked him up, and he was a cop on The Listener.

C has trouble staying awake and a few scenes show her dreaming, but the audience don't know until the character realizes it. C's scientist boss kills himself with pills and alcohol. 1 hr point is really good with the revelation when C goes to the newspaper office. Secretary says no reporter by the name of Rob Turner works there. I kind of suspected Rob did it, but I didn't expect that he wasn't a reporter at all.

C runs into a courthouse to run and hide. C throws the FBI agent's gun into mailbox. I knew C would pull fire alarm. Gun shots kill court house security guard and Rob's guy. C needs drugs to stay awake. She went to Konzelman's to get drugs. She goes to a pharmacy to buy drugs. She goes to the animal hospital to take care of Molly the dog and took adrenaline shots. I like the fact that her physical condition complicates her life and story.

2 cops see video camera shots of R pulling gun. C goes to the morgue to get evidence. There are a few flashbacks of how C is traumatized. She fell asleep at the wheel and killed her mom. It's raining. That's the common archetype to show chaos. There is rain again in the last act.

C was carrying the serum and it is destroyed by accident. Det. Logan says C is a bad guy. His partner Charlie kept saying C is a good guy. In the last quarter of the movie, L shoots Charlie. I didn't expect that.

It turns out Det. Logan is the bad guy who ruined her lab work. Det. L and Rob corner C. Det. L says: "Give me the serum gun." Rob says: "Don't." C injects herself with it. Then Det. L shoots R. Det. L takes the serum to see if anything's left, and there wasn't. C then injects Det. L with it. Det. L falls down. I didn't expect that.

The conclusion is that Rob is part of the good guys to stop bio warfare of creating people that won't sleep, with speed and strength. Kind of like the TV show Dark Angel where they make super soldiers.

Actors: To make a note I saw the actor Jim Codrington. I had to look it up. He was the African-Canadian doctor from Republic of Doyle. He plays Rob's side kick in this movie.
I then see the red head woman from those Tex Mex cheese commercials. I recognized her voice. Her name is actually Geri Hall.

Blog: There are 2 comments that are made on my Jul. 2 post.

ovelhadog said: Very nice... thanks for this post. If you wanna see creative wedding proposals, go to: http://w-y-m-m.blogspot.com/The "Will You Marry Me?" blog. July 2, 2010 1:27 PM

Job Description said: Today it is recognized that to be truly well educated one must not only learn to appreciate the arts, but must have rich opportunities to actively participate in creative work.

Jul. 5 Job fair: I went to a job fair at Canada Place this morning.

1. Ticket Master: They're in downtown, and shifts are 10am-6pm, so that's good. It's only $8.80/hr and it's for temporary like Capital Ex Jul.23-Aug.1 and Honda Indy Jul. 23-25. It's better than nothing. It may evolve into full-time. They're willing to hire 14 yr olds to do this job.

2. Fairmont hotel- again. I applied there quite a few times at their location. They're looking for banquet servers.

3. Abercrombie and Fitch: It's at West Ed. I have an interview tomorrow. I don't really want to go that far for a job, but it's the saying: "Beggars can not be choosers."

4. Safeway- again. I asked to work at Capilano mall location. Maybe I'll get hired there.

5. Smitty's- again. I applied there at Kingsway, and when I was talking to them, I asked to work at that location.

I then went and applied to these places on Jasper Ave: Mucho Burrito Fresh Mexican Grill, Booster Juice, Quizno's, Rogers, Second Cup, and Subway. I also applied to another Subway by the Standard Life Building.

I got a call from Hangers at Capilano mall to do an interview for tomorrow. I also got a call from this optometrist in Kingsway mall. I looked over my records and I applied to Hangers back in Apr.

Rant: This is a mild rant. I got a call from this dentist office at 11am on Jun.30 on my cell. I checked my cell the next day on Canada Day and it was closed. On Jul.2, I called and they said the office manager won't be here until Mon. I call them today and they said the receptionist position has already been filled. That was fast.

Good deed: Talk about deja vu. After I went to the job fair, I went to Bonnie Doon with my mom and brother. I then found this wallet on the counter of this food kiosk. I gave it to the server behind the counter. She said thanks and gave it to an old woman who it belonged to.

Last month the same thing already kind of occurred, but this woman left her bank card in the bank machine. My mom also bought me 2 pairs of black pants that fit on the waist, but she'll have to hem the length of it.

Jul. 6 Writing: I'm going throw in another rant. The producer John Kerr has finally emailed me back. A few weeks ago I sent him a new draft of The Fighter. He gave me 5 pages of notes on it and what I needed to work on. I emailed him back saying there are some things I defended and some things I will change in the script.

Bank: I've been very vigilant about my bank account since I got laid off. I noticed that $2.25 of my account was missing. It turns out it's for my passbook fee that I don't use. I then got that fee canceled out to save money. You should be aware of what your bank is charging you for stuff you don't even use. There are hidden fees.

It's like that Ally commercial where the little boy is running around and putting eggs in a basket. The Business man takes it.

Boy: You took my eggs.
Business man: Egg management fee.
Boy: What does that even mean?
Business man: Egg management fee.

I do like that commercial; it's funny.

Job interviews: That psychic book by Lisa Barretta has an effect on me. She says that as a psychic, she's a sounding board. I went to the interview at Hangers, and I felt that the manager was treating me like a sounding board. The pay is min. wage $8.80/hr. 2 evenings and 2 Sundays a month. Max 15hrs a week. I'll give the manager points for her being brutally honest. There is lots of work for min. wage. There's no price gun. The only good thing about it is that it's close by, and I can still collect EI.

I then went to the 2nd interview of the day, at Abercrombie and Fitch at West Ed. It was a group interview. I did go to one before in 2006. It was for American Eagle Outfitters. There was one other girl. It takes 2hrs to close. At Ambecrombie, it takes 3 hrs to close. The interview had 2 guys and 2 girls. I think they're all high school students, because they all wore jeans and t-shirts for the job interview. The interview took 30min because there were 5 of us.

They'll call if you're hired. I forgot to ask what the pay was. If I do get hired, then I'll tell them I don't want to work shifts where I have to close.

They probably won't hire me if I can't work anytime, but maybe they will. I'm kind of eh with working with them.

5 comments:

Mareem said...

I have also attended one of the job fairs where I was interviewed 5 times ina single day by different levels of the company and and they asked me to website here in their country s did I and got that job as well.

kauy said...

You can find the job interviews from this section and can get the great details of your life from this best zone. With the link of www.resume2019.com/latest-resume-format-2019/ you can get the best previous posts from this zone. Get the better treatment from this area.

Sila said...

There are the wide job fair in this area with the pace of the interview. You can get the better section from this zone and can check that which is a great thing for you. Just mention your name here and find the previous posts in this section.

Christopher Blevins said...

You'll find your vast employment good in this field while using tempo in the appointment. You can find better segment because of this sector which enable it to click to read more a thing in your case. Only refer to your current brand below and locate the previous blog posts within this segment.

Robinsheen said...

you'll get an individual's broad jobs superior during this niche with rate during the meeting. Yow will discover more effective area that is why marketplace and may push that will http://www.liprofilewriter.com/great-linkedin-recommendation-sample/ a specific thing on your behalf. Mainly mention your own type down the page together with come across the previous articles on this area.