Tuesday, July 13, 2010

job search/ celebrity advice/ romantic

Jul. 9 Job search:

1. Wal-mart I applied there again. I did back in Mar.
2. $1 store again, I did back in Apr. There was a Help Wanted sign.
3. Sobey's in Capilano. I never applied to that location before.
4. Aeropostale (Kingsway). Hiring.
5. Bentley (Kingsway). Hiring.
6. Bath and Body Works (Kingsway). I went to the site and it said they're hiring. I went to the location and the worker said they aren't hiring, but took my resume.
7. Baskin Robbins (Kingsway).
8. McDonald's (Kingsway).

I then faxed 5 resumes to be a receptionist.

News: I read in The Globe and Mail that high school kids aren't getting hired this summer. Employers take in the college students because they're more mature and/ or they worked there the summer before, they'll rehire them and don't have to train them.

Deflation: I learned about deflation. That means it's a decrease in prices. I thought that was a good thing, but then it increases unemployment. There is a lower level of demand for making these products and that leads to economic depression.

Jul. 10 Cake: So the other day I baked a chocolate cake. I remember the last time I did that back in 2001 when I was in Foods 10 class. I think my partner's name was Raj. I baked it because I had time. My mom bought this no-name cake mix months ago and earlier this week she said she was going to throw it out if someone didn't make it.

I had the few ingredients like eggs, and olive oil to mix it. Did you know that you can use olive oil instead of vegetable oil? I asked my parents to make sure. Though I will admit my grandma was there to help a little bit when I was making it. lol. It does taste good.

Trip: Today I missed the bus, and had to wait 15min for the next one. It was only drizzling a little rain and I was listening to the Lady Antebellum cd I got from the library. I went to downtown and asked to add more min. to my cell phone. I pay for the min. there, but I was told I could do that online.I felt like I wasted a trip. Not totally. I went to the GAP and Urban. I then went to the Cole's book store to look at the New Age section. I checked out the library.

Rogers: The last time I put min. on my phone was Patrick put it in for me when he was at work. I paid with my own money. I realized that I was using my dad's credit card when I was filling up my min. today. I then put it on my credit card.

I feel very confident about myself. I have achieved something by myself without anyone's help. I put my min. on my cell phone with my own money. I didn't even ask anyone. Though you guys are probably like: "I do that all the time."

This will be like on The Simpsons where Mr. Burns takes the bus for the first time.

Mr. Burns: I'm riding on a bus.
Barney: Aren't you that guy that everybody hates? I'm also more careful of when I use this cell phone so I don't use up all my min. and have to pay more. I'll use my home phone more often. I made a quick phone call on my cell to make sure it works, and it does.

The Bridge: I saw the pilot today because CBS starts airing it. I started watching this Canadian cop drama 5th episode in. The pilot is good. There is a lot of good set up, because they end up using all these minor characters in later episodes.

I noticed this black guy cop, he was the paramedic's boss on The Listener shot in Toronto. I saw this white guy cop and he played the basketball coach on Degrassi also shot in Toronto.

Jul. 11 Celebrity advice: I read this years ago, probably from 2001. It was from my favorite Edmonton actor Eric Johnson. After he goes to an audition, he always says:"Don't hold your breath." That means don't expect to get a call. That advice goes for my job interviews and job search. After you go to an interview, don't hold your breath that you'll get a call.

Michael Phelps have said that if he misses one day of training, he has to do 2 days of training to get back to the same level.

I also recently wrote about that Globe and Mail article about the job search. So an interview went well and you think you got a high chance of getting the job. However, don't stop looking for a job until it is in your hands.

Anger: The list of stuff that gets me angry.

1. My family.
2. My job search.
3. I have a lot of work to do on my script Fighter.
4. I found some English teacher has made a comment on my blog and he or she was very blunt about it. There's more about that later.

Job classified: It turns out the Castledowns Bingo Concession is hiring. It's too far away. There was a fundraiser job where you would get $2500 a month.

There is this ad for www.theshatteredceiling.com about personal career coaching. It's for professionals. I'll keep that ad when I have a career.

I looked up the Edmonton Journal's classifieds and there aren't any jobs there that I qualify for.

Jul. 12 Taxi: I had an interview at this hair salon today. I took a taxi ride to get there. I did the interview, and I think it went well. I don't know if I got the job though. If they don't call me by Thurs. it means I didn't get the job. I then took a taxi home. This whole process took less than an hr. In total I paid $28 for 2 cab rides, and $4 tip. It's $32 altogether. My mom was telling me to take the bus. I looked it up on Google Maps and it takes 3 buses to get there and I don't want to risk being late. I looked it up again just now and it takes 1hr to get there. By taking a taxi, it cuts time down significantly.

Like the saying: "Time is money." I either spend money on a taxi or spend time taking the bus.

Feelings: I feel anxious and overwhelmed. I have to get a job, and applied to 102 places this month.

Rant: I was mainly angry this weekend because my sister told me that I had to delete her name off my blog. I'm going through it, but it does take time. Press Control, and F and search for her name and then I change it to my sister.

The only good thing about it is that I'm reading old entries. Like the time I was going to staffing agencies until my family told me that they were bad. Then after that, 2 of my friends told me that staffing agencies are bad too. Reading entries of when I was working at a bank and how that ended badly.

Romantic: I saw this 30 second video clip of the Spain's soccer captain/ goal keeper Iker Casillas being interviewed by his TV reporter girlfriend on Yahoo. The article says he thanks his parents, brother, friends, and finally his gf Sarah Carbonero.

There was a moment where he seems to need to stop himself from crying, and then he kisses her. Then he quickly walks away. You can hear people clapping. Aww...

Call back: Someone called me for an interview, but the place is opening in Mayfield and that's too far away.

Jul. 13 Calm: I finished getting rid of my sister's name off my blog. Onto bigger fish I have to fry which is getting a job. I have a couple of interviews today. One is at a jewelery store at West Ed which is really far away. Then there is a fast food place which is easier for me to get to and that sounds more appealing to me.

Globe Life: I read about PDA on The Globe and Mail life section. It was about that Spain soccer captain Iker Casillas and how he kissed his sportscaster girlfriend. The article said that there has been hundreds and thousands of views on Youtube with people saying: "Awww...." My reaction exactly.

No comments: