Monday, May 3, 2010

Wes Brown/ Alex Lacasse/ Blake McGrath

Apr. 30 Wes Brown: I found this actor on an episode of Criminal Minds. It's kind of cool, I checked my blog to see if I wrote about him, but I didn't. Then I saw someone other than my friends and family read my blog post on Nov.19,2009. The guy Carlo made a comment about the show.

So back to Wes Brown. He was in my favorite episode "Slave of Duty" where he plays the serial killer. The first time I saw him, I thought he was average looking. I was really impressed with his acting. He's very Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. First he seems so nice, and then he goes crazy. Below is a video clip that shows his great acting. After the episode, I find him hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unvXQ6Brj7w

I have kind of become obsessed with him. He was on some True Blood season 2 episodes, and I asked Leslie for them. She says I'll have to buy some DVD-R so she can burn them for me. At Grand and Toy, it costs $30 for a pack of 25. Then I went to Staples and it costs $20. I decided I'll wait until Space Channel shows it.

I then went on Youtube to watch him. I'm now kind of spoiled to what happens to him on the show. I also saw a little bit of him on CSI: Miami. His character dies at the beginning. Also Dean Cain (Clark from Lois and Clark: Superman) guest- starred in it. However, he didn't commit the crime. When DC guest- starred on Law and Order: SVU, he did it.

Educationcanada.com: I found this site as I'm looking for a writing job. I see a lot of writing teacher jobs. I don't seem to fit it.

Investment Groups: They called me this morning and the guy said he's going to email me a test to do. He said they're willing to train me, and he sounds very confident about my abilities.

Credit card company: The other day I emailed my resume to work for this credit card company QMM that pays $14.50/hr. Then a woman from there called me. She says it's selling credit cards at Superstore. It's kind of like that CIBC pavilion job, but it's where you work for a bank selling financial services. As she was telling me about this job, I realized it's not for me. I'm not good at selling. Or maybe that's just my dad talking. Well it's also at Superstore, and that's quite faraway from me. Something about taking the bus and the LRT to get there. That's a lot of effort. I can see myself getting the job, but not doing well at it. I turned it down.

Am I putting obstacles in front of myself? I know myself, and I found two reasons for not going for it. I know my abilities and I know I won't do well in it. I don't like traveling really far away for a job.

Edmonton Public Library: I see that Patrick is looking for a job there, and I saw the 3 job postings. It's all finance and I don't have the requirements.

Safeway: I talked to my friend Chamnouer on Facebook. She said she's working at Safeway part-time and get paid $11.15/hr in the bakery section. She said she only gets a few hours, but didn't specify when I asked. She had already logged off.

I was talking to my friend Meghan from Professional Writing last summer. She said she worked at the meat section of the store and got paid $11/hr.

May 1 Shoppers Drug Mart: I'm sure all of you heard about this store slashing prices for generic drugs. They're laying off staff, and cutting down hours. It's only in Ontario. It does have a ripple effect on the mom and pop stores that makes good money off the generic drugs. It kind of has a ripple effect on the other Canadian locations. I won't hold my breath if I don't get hired there.

Writing: I totally noticed this a long time ago. I wrote 60 pages of Rain, and her talent is to break and enter. Yet, she doesn't do any of that in the entire script. I either write it in, or think of another illegal talent.

It's the same with Melrose Place. Riley is an elementary school teacher. It's respectable, and she talks about it. However, they never show her working there. Well it's not very fun or exciting for a TV show like this. So they showed her become a model, and then a personal assistant to a guy. This is an average show I watch casually, but it has taught me a lot.

EdmontonJobShop.ca: I set up an account there and looked for jobs. Then I found this link there that said: "Email your resume to thousands of companies." It took me a few min. to fill out that part, and then it turns out they're charging you $50 for it. So I didn't do it. You can access and set up a free account on this site and look for jobs.

Tooth: Last month there was this big tooth at City Centre mall. It was advertising for www.thesensitvetooth.ca. I went to the site today, and it's kind of fun because it's interactive. It's a talking tooth on the site, and the display had the tooth talking.

May 2 Job talk: I was talking to my dad and asked if it's okay to sell credit cards and he said yes. However, I told him it was at Superstore. He says there are 4 locations, and they're all really far away so that's not good. But wait, I decided to right my wrongs. I then emailed QMM and asked are there any locations other than Superstore? If not, then I know I gave my best shot. That's when I know for sure I'm not putting obstacles in front of myself. I need to find all the other possibilities of working there.

Today I called Justin at work. I dropped by his cafe on the weekends, but he's not there. I asked if he got my resume and he said he didn't. Then he gave me his email address again, and I realized I put a dash instead of an underscore. Well I got that all fixed and emailed him.

Justin: Yeah, well it's easier to get a job when you already have a job.

That totally reminded me of Secret Life of the American Teenager. They said that line on the show. Well when I was at the Soup place I was looking for a job, and managed to get a call centre job until it laid me off. Then I got another job at a restaurant, and after working there one day, they said they didn't need me.

May 3: This morning that investment group called me again. This time a woman told me to come in to do an interview, and asked if I had a car. I didn't and she said I needed one to drive to meet clients.

Me: But, I thought I would be in the office, and they would come to us.
Woman: Sometimes.
Me: What, I can't take the bus?
Woman: No, that wouldn't be possible.
Then we hung up.

I can look at it this way: One company believes in me being a financial planner. Another company will.

Alex Lacasse: I heard his song "Like this, Like that." He's Canadian and he's cute. Check out his www.myspace.com/alexlacasse. I really like to dance to this song. He's got a ballad "So into you."

Blake McGrath: I was watching TV, and I saw some of his debut video "The Night." He's got some So You Think You Can Dance Canada dancers in his video and his sister. I only saw the vid once and I was only looking at BM and his dancing. I had to read the comments to know the above info.

That's great that he finally got his video out. I know he's been pursuing a music career since 2006. I found his myspace page back then and he had some songs up like "The One" and "Dance with Me." Good dance songs. He has a ballad "Silently Waiting."

He's been busy with being a judge on the SYTYCDC show. He also danced for Britney Spears and Janet Jackson.

Good song: I heard this song on Hot 107. It's called "Fantasy Girl" by Baby Bash feat. Marty James. It's a good dance song.

Saying: During the job search, I thought of this saying: "The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

No comments: