Friday, April 30, 2010

news/ Art Gallery of Alberta/ confessions

Apr. 27 News: I'm going to make a conscious effort to not write about my job search. This was also from awhile back. I mentioned about why people in 3rd world countries have so many kids when they can't afford it. Besides the lack of birth control, my friend Sherry says:

"when you are in a third world country, you cannot afford a lot of things like healthcare bills, so you exist in a world very much like the middle ages. scarlet fever, the flu, and pneumonia can take yours or your child's life. mom can die in childbirth. a bad cut or amputation can see you die from gangrene. and that's just a few health problems. mom and dad want to be able to see just some of their kids live to adulthood. they would LOVE to know they will not starve to death, all alone, when they become too old to work. if they make 13 kids, 11 might be born alive (and this can happen even in canada).

9 might live the first two years, 7 might live the next 4 years, 5 might live the next 10 years, and 4 might live the next 20 years. so by conceiving 13 children, they have 4 chances someone will earn money to support them when they are old and need it, and since some children never marry they have 3 chances there will be at least 1 grandchild to enjoy, lavish attention on, and pass the family name and all onto......ok, conceive 13 kids and you have 1 in 4 chances to have someone to care for you and have grandchildren. 12 kids and you have less chance of either. less than 9 kids and you might have nothing but sorrow when you are old."

Actors: Dana Delaney (Katherine from Desperate Housewives) and Leonard Roberts (the black guy Forest, Riley's Initiative best friend from Buffy) was on Castle.

Josie Bissette from the original Melrose Place, guest- starred on the new version of the show. She was only on for one ep. I have liked her since she did the TV movie Obituary. It starred Craig Olegnik (Toby from The Listener) in it. I was watching TV with TV's Jonathan Torrens and he did a segment about actors "Fared well or Farewell."

JT: Josie Bissette is now on The Secret Life of the American Teenager. She gets a farewell.

I was watching Secret Life, and then I saw Gia from 90210 guest- starred on it. It's a good thing this actress went onto the better show 90210.

Hot actors: I saw a promo for 24, and David Anders was in it. He played a bad guy as usual, and he got killed off in the first 6 min. Then I turned it off. Then last week I was watching The Vampire Diaries and he's on it playing Elana's uncle. He knows a lot about vampires and I think he's going to be in it for a long time. I've been a fan of DA's since I first saw him on Alias back in Jan. 2002.

Melinda Clarke (mom on The OC) has a reoccurring role on that show. Then I was watching Castle, and I saw Merrin Dungey on it. She played Sydney's best friend on Alias. The highlight was that Michael Trucco was on and he played a cop. I've been a fan of his since Dec. 2008 when I saw him on Law and Order: SVU.

Art Gallery of Alberta: It's been open for some months, and I haven't been there until 2 weeks ago. I was often working, and then going home to watch TV. It's $12.60 to go in. There was lots of security, I'm guessing so people won't steal art. Good research for my script.

I remember Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama saying: "You live in the universe, but you don't do these things until someone comes to visit."

I realized I haven't been to a museum since I was 12. My family went to San Francisco for spring break. Back to AGA. There's an exhibit where you can take a photo of yourself, and email it to yourself.

There was an exhibit about an abandoned apartment building in Japan. It said: "Due to the belief that when a person dies at home, their spirit remains behind." -Janet Cardiff and George Bures Miller.

Then there was an exhibit where you listen for 30 min with all these sounds about a dream. It's from the same artist above and it said: "...uncanny disorder of dreams, where traumatic events can be both remembered and imagined."

Apr. 28 Funny: I remember this time back in summer 2002, I was watching this TV sitcom The Sausage Factory. The funny thing is when my sister came by. She sees that I'm laughing, and the characters Zack and Lisa are having a serious conversation.

Sister: So what are they talking about?
Me: Lisa thinks that Zack needs a kidney transplant, and Zack thinks that Lisa thinks that he has a VD.
S (gasps): Yeah, well did he have sex?
Me: No.
S: Yeah, well I don't think they should be joking about something so serious.
S leaves.

Well it's funny because he thinks he contracted it through a toilet seat. Also the scene had two people talking about two different things and they don't even know it.

Apr. 29: Yeah well at least Patrick thought the show was funny. However, he was 14 and said: "What does VD stand for?" If you watch the whole episode, they never once tell us.

Bonnie Doon: Earlier this week I went to Bonnie Doon mall. I haven't been there in months. Ardene's been moved to another part of the mall, and it's great. The clothing store Panash closed down. I know there's one in City Centre. The diner in the food court closed down, and so did the store that sold hip-hop clothes.

Writing: It's weird. I watched an episode of 90210 and I thought it was mildly annoying. Then the next episode came on, and then I'm fine with it. There were cliches like Dixon and Ivy pretending to be going out, and then they fall in love. That's been done in the movie Drive Me Crazy. However, the next episode this storyline wasn't really annoying.

Another thing that was annoying was that Liam moves in with his girlfriend Naomi's big house. Oh yeah, isn't that the fantasy to play house. Next ep, he moves out because Naomi lied about this teacher sexually harassing her. Then she fesses up.

Adrianna goes out with a girl. It seems this only happens with girls. You never see a guy experiment with his sexuality. However, it's realistic in a way. I watched the TV show Cheaters, and when gay guys catch each other cheating, they are 100% gay. When I see girls cheating on other girls, they seem to be experimenting. I've seen a lot of eps where they talked to the girls. Well the storyline ended on the show.

Yeah, I know Cheaters is just a small fraction of gay people.

Joke: I was watching 30 Rock and a lawyer was reading the will and he said: "To his secret Canadian family." Thanks for the shout out to Canadians. Then he adds: "To the attic family."

Sister: That's VC Andrews.
S doesn't read it, but she learned about it on Wikipedia.

Confessions: I'm going to admit something. When I worked full-time, I always watch 2-3hrs of TV a night. Now that I'm unemployed, I usually do my job search of 2-3hrs on the internet or going out passing resumes. I've been watching 5hrs of TV a day.

That's a lot. I've been reading a library book, and the newspaper. It can only fill up so much time. I also haven't been working on my script at all. Right now I'm looking through my script though. I did do a little writing last week by fixing a line.I just emailed Chris Craddock at the Edmonton Public library about my script The Hunter. There's an outline, and three other documents with some scenes. It's far from being complete. Maybe he could help me with that.

Apr.30 Day off: Yesterday I took the day off from my job search. I don't believe I've done that all month. Have you noticed something different about this email/ blog post? There is no mention of a job search, teen pregnancy, or abortion. I need to write about different topics.

No comments: