Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ricky Martin/ I'm different/ money

Mar. 29 Ricky Martin: Did you know that Ricky Martin is gay? He came out today and it's on Yahoo news which is a reliable source. This was kind of like "the secret that everybody knows." You know, like Clay Aiken coming out. The phrase "the secret that everybody knows" came from my friend Angela.

It was in 2006 when she came to my house and she told me about how she has a friend who gave a baby up for adoption when she was in college. She has an open adoption and gets to see her baby occasionally. When I told the Ricky Martin news to Patrick:

P: Doesn't he have two kids?
Yes, he does.

Michael Bolten: I was watching this Criminal Minds episode called "Risky Business." There is this Goth kid played by this teenager Michael Bolten. I looked him up. It's so weird, he looks so different as a Goth, and this is how he looks as normal. Yeah, he has the same name as the famous singer.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm682069504/nm1832358

Job search: Last week I mentioned about how that restaurant called me, and I procrastinated in calling them back. I called them today and they said that they already hired someone. Damn. Maybe they wouldn't have hired me anyway, because they needed someone right now and I would have told them to call me back on Apr.1. They still have my resume on file.

I went to Monster.ca which I haven't been to in awhile. I updated my reference phone numbers now that the Soup place closed down.

Blockbuster: I read like a year ago that Blockbuster isn't doing well because they have new competition like Netflix. They maybe closing down. I'll still apply to Blockbuster.

Joke: I was watching CSI: NY, and Ian Zering guest- starred so he's the guy who did it. He was in the original 90210. I remember watching him years ago on Tyra, about how he got the role.

Ian: There was this big pile of scripts. And you know in Hollywood, there are so many actors, and so few roles. You're supposed to sign your name on this notepad when you take a script. I wrote "Ben Dover" and then I took the pile of scripts and threw them in a garbage can outside.
lol.

Mar. 30 Writing: I put on my Facebook status: "Tracy Au needs to get it together. Cut down on TV, get a job, and write her script."

This morning I buckled down and worked on the rewrites of The Fighter by going through Chris Craddock's notes. I emailed John Kerr about it. I also stayed away from the 16 and Pregnant thread because I think I overdosed on that show. I need to do something different. I was thinking about that line from A Walk to Remember again: "I'm sick and tired of doing the same s--- all the time."

I wrote a short email asking Kit Cope and Giles Panton if they read the new draft of the script. It's been a few weeks since I last heard from them.

Music: I also listened to some new songs by Colin Munroe on www.myspace.com/colinmunroe

New: I even drank Taster's Choice Colombian coffee. I never had it before.

Robin Thicke: I went to his myspace page at www.myspace.com/robinthicke. I then went to his official site www.robinthicke.com which I haven't been there before either.

New job: I got a new job today. Earlier I mentioned that I called back the restaurant and they said they hired somebody already. Well they called me again today, and I did an interview, and got hired on the spot. It's the same kind of restaurant where I get to drink free coffee and get 50% off on food.

It's in downtown and I have to work from 7:30am-12:30pm. From previous experience, working at Winners, I hated waking up at 6am every morning. However, I get to drink free coffee, so I won't be tired.

I'm different: I'm way different than the days of 2006. When I got laid off from my favorite job at the call centre, I was furious. It was the first time that has ever happened to me. Now when I got laid off from my second favorite job, the Soup place, I'm not mad. I'm kind of sad about it.

I was really addicted to Dr Phil and Maury those days, and I could have started my shifts from 1pm-9pm, but I didn't because I wanted to stay at home and watch those shows. I missed out making money back then. Now I'm not addicted to those shows, and it's totally cool if I miss day time TV.

Back then, I didn't really start looking for a job until I was unemployed. But now, I have a job lined up right after my lay off. I'll admit I made $6000 in 2006. In 2005, I made $7000 when I was working at the call centre and a clothing store. I was only working part- time for 8 months, and 4 months were unemployed because I was at school.

Money: I never had to worry about money. I'm cheap. But now, I have become very money hungry. I want to make and save as much as I can. I want to work full- time.

I don't eat out. Maybe buy something to eat once a week. I don't buy cds and dvds anymore. Rarely do I ever. I bought 2 cds in the past 3 yrs. I bought Flash Gordon this year. I write down everything I spent since 2007. I write down money I found. After each month, I calculate how much money I spent.

I write down all my paychecks and keep track of how much money I'm making. I've been making a good amount of money since I graduated in 2008. Let's say it's in the 5 digits. Each year I'm trying to make more money than the last and I have since 2008. At least, maintain it.

I did pretty much everything I said I would on my Facebook status. I worked on my script and got a new job. However, I didn't cut down on TV. I saw new episodes of Melrose Place, 16 and Pregnant, Law and Order: SVU, and South Park. That's 3.5 hours of TV right there. When Melrose Place was on, I spent half of the show on the internet.

Mar. 31 Irony: I used to make less money like in 2005, but I spent more. Now that I'm making more money, I spend less which is good.

Charity: I also used to donate a lot of money to charity, but now I don't. If you do donate, donate a monthly contribution like $5 or $10 a month to something like Unicef, Women for Women International, that helps people in 3rd World countries. If you want to help the homeless, donate to Hope Mission or the Mustard Seed.

Haircut: I got a new haircut today for $18. New haircut for a new job.

Progress: Here's something I haven't done in awhile. I went to www.jobs.gc.ca, and started looking for a job. I also went to www.servicecanada.gc.ca. I even called my call centre up and gave them my availability that I can work nights. I haven't been there for a few months and that's fine because I didn't like working there. I liked the fact that I'm still employed there and can put that on my resume that I've been there for 6 months.

I told my siblings where I work and that I start at 7:30am.

Sister: I thought you didn't like working early jobs.
I was surprised she remembered something I said back in 2007.
Me: Yeah, well I get to drink free coffee so I won't get tired.

Apr. 1: I went to my first shift at my new job. I drank 3 cups of coffee. I feel kind of overwhelmed there. I cut up the donair meat for the first time. I met some new people. I tried the regular coffee, the Irish Cream, and the Jamaican Rum coffee.

I made $50 today. Now I have 4 day weekend, but I can't just relax the entire time. I really need to look for a office job.

No comments: