Saturday, May 15, 2010

teen pregnancy/ new job/ news

May 11 Teen pregnancy: I decided to check out what people were talking about TV shows other than 16 and Pregnant on twop.com. I then went on the Tyra Banks show and a person made a comment about a teen pregnancy ep so I had to comment on it:

Person: She's talking to teen pregnant girls. She's treating them like complete idiots. One girl said she left her mom a note in the bathroom and Tyra acted like the girl was an idiot. Sure she's young but seriously that's how most 15 year olds are... immature.

I had to post this:

Me: "I kind of have to side with Tyra. My reaction would be like her's like: "What?" Then again I have seen the TV show 16 and Pregnant, and the girl Maci told her mom she was pregnant through text message. My reaction was also: "What?"

I didn't think that Tyra was treating the girls like complete idiots. I'm sorry, but if a girl got pregnant as a teenager, she's most likely not very smart. That's just my opinion."

It seems that every time someone disses Tyra on the thread, I often come along and kind of have to defend her. I'm not even that big of a fan of hers, but I do kind of like her. I feel like a lot of stuff she says I would.

I think this was the same episode. There was this black girl Jessica and she was talking about wanting to have a baby.

Tyra: Why do you want to have a baby?
Jessica: Well I had two abortions and a miscarriage.
T: That's interesting how you said it. You sounded like you were saying: "I had a sandwich, a can of pop, and a bag of chips."

Seriously, that's how J sounded. It's like what she went through was nothing. However, she wasn't an out of control teenage girl like the one on Jenny Jones. You know where JJ asked this girl: "You got pregnant when you were 13?" And the girl said yeah like JJ was asking: "Did you pick up the milk?"

The important thing is that girl Jessica came back 6 months later and said: "After I saw myself on TV I realized how stupid and ridiculous I sounded and looked. I realized I'm not ready to have a baby." She starts crying. "Thank you Tyra for having me on your show."

May 12 Fun fact: Did you know that the US president and his family pay for their own food in the White House? Laura Bush was on Oprah last week and she said that. They get to live in a huge house rent- free, but they buy their own food. That's good to tell the American citizens that their tax money isn't paying for food.

Laura Bush: Did you know that Laura Bush accidentally ran over somebody in her car when she was 17? I remember seeing that as a joke on Family Guy, but I thought that was just a joke. Turns out it was true.

May 13 New job: I went to that new call centre job and I don't really like it. I signed a contract where I have do training for 3 days, then show up for a day of work, so I can get paid for all 4 days of work.

It's kind of like with Call Centre #2. There's 1 day of training, and they will pay you for that day of work when you show up for the first day of work. Don't go thinking you can show up for one day and not do anything, and get paid for it. I changed it to part-time 5pm-9pm, because I just did 1pm-9pm and that was a lot for this kind of job.I call people to donate money to charities.

This is harder than calling people to do surveys. People don't want to give money or their credit card numbers. They will give time to do surveys. Last Friday someone called me to do a travel survey for Alberta and I did it because it was 3min long. I was still fresh from getting over Call Centre #4 not hiring me. But I will still do a survey.

I would have to work 20hr for $9/hr and then I will get paid $180. I would still get EI because it's part-time.

Job search: After yesterday at work, I am motivated back to looking for a job. I took the past few days off because I had secured this job. But now since I don't like it, I'm back on my job search.

Charity: I get a lot of calls from charities. I used to donate a lot of money to charity from 2005 and 2006. I cut down in 2007. Then in 2008 and 2009 I don't donate. It's kind of ironic. When I didn't make a lot of money I donated a lot to charity. Now that I make more money, I don't. It's kind of a balance.

Not to mention I'm collecting EI so I can't donate. It's also kind of interesting when I was at work. I realized this is the probably the office where people call me asking for donations and I used to get these calls. Now I'm making the calls.

Good: It's been hours since I wrote the above and I was let go from my call centre job. Yeah, that's a good thing. I will still get paid for 10hrs of work.

Weird: It was kind of weird today. I got a cell phone last month. I don't really use it. I was deleting some numbers from my phone, and then it rang in my hand. I got an interview for a server job. We'll see how that goes.

May 14 The Vampire Diaries: I saw The Vampire Diaries last night. I saw the first half and then let my sister watch her shows. Then I saw the last half on Youtube today. It's great! There are a lot of cliffhangers. I hope they won't experience the "sophomore jinx."

That means the first season is really good. But then the second season isn't so good. It's kind of like with the show Dark Angel. Season 2 was bad, and it was on Friday night. It was also on Fox and they cancel everything pretty fast, so that's what happened. Alias did good the first two seasons. Then it got bad in season 3. They postponed the sophomore jinx by a year. That's my opinion.

Furniture stores: It's a weird coincidence on Sunday. I got a call from Leon's furniture and they had stores in St. Albert and Millwoods. It's too far away so I turned down the job. I then got a call from another furniture store The Brick.

Guy: It's a 100% commission.
My dad said I wouldn't do well selling furniture. I didn't think I could do that well selling furniture to the point of my pay being 100% commission. Selling clothes is kind of hard. At least I would get paid per hour at a clothing store.

I turned down the Brick. I then asked Patrick yesterday about 100% commission and if I would get paid by the hour. He said I wouldn't get paid by the hour. Did you know the Brick has benefits? There's one in downtown and West Ed mall. If you're interested, go apply.

Server: I applied to be a part-time banquet server at the Shaw Conference Centre. I got a call to do an interview the other day. It's in downtown, I don't the know the pay. I called to ask what were the shifts like. He said it's late night and I told him I didn't like waiting for the bus at night. We canceled the interview.

I'm not putting obstacles in front of myself. I'm willing to stay as late as 9pm for a job and wait in a well-lit, high traffic place in downtown.

May 15 Fun: It was kind of fun yesterday. I tried a falafel for the first time. It's like a pita bread with veggies and chicken in it. I looked it up on dictionary.com and it's also described as a shawarma. It costs $5.78. I could get a donair from Souvlaki Express and it's $5.50.

Have you ever noticed that they never sell donairs on TV? It's from the new restaurant that opened in City Centre. It's called Taste of Mediterranean. I got to talking with the manager and he said they're hiring for full-time and pays $9/hr. Maybe I'll apply there.

Money: I got my tax refund in the mail today. I also got my pay check from Call Centre #4.

News: Did you know that Heroes is getting canceled? I read that it maybe getting canceled due to decrease in viewers, but it was doing well in dvds. There isn't going to be a finale. I'm not really disappointed, because I didn't like the season finale's direction. I'm a little sad, but at least everybody on this show will go on to do other things.

I know NBC is also canceling Trauma and Mercy. They're also canceling Law and Order after 20 seasons. Yeah, that's right. But if you're going to cancel that, you must replace it was Law and Order: Los Angeles. They're calling it LOLA. lol. They're picking up Law and Order: SVU for a 12th season.

No comments: