Friday, November 20, 2009

vamp joke/ job search/ motivation

Nov. 18 Vamp joke: The other day, Conan O'Brien did that vampire assistant joke with Cody (Eric Callero.)

Conan: Hey Cody, I left my cellphone in my car. Can you get it for me?
Cody: No!
Con: Why not?
Cod: I have to tell Bella Swan that I love her.
(Kristen Stewart from Twilight was on that night).

Con: Bella isn't a real person. She's a fictional character.
A Werewolf appears who looks likes a Latino guy with his shirt off.
Werewolf: Maybe you need a werewolf.
A Mummy appears and he's a guy with his shirt off with some paper wrapped around him like a Mummy.
Mummy: Maybe you need a hot Mummy.

As usual, Cody runs outside and bursts into flames when he's in the sunlight.
Then Conan had a hard time continuing talking because of the ridiculousness of a Werewolf and a Mummy standing there.

Nov. 19 Nelly: I was watching CSI: NY last night, and I saw that the rapper Nelly was going to be a guest- star. Then halfway into the ep, he shows up. It was so cool. Det. Flack (Eddie Cahill) was getting beaten up by two guys on the subway, F fought back. When F is on the ground, the bad guy pulls out a knife.

Then Nelly grabs a gun and points it at the two bad guys. So N saves the day. I haven't seen or heard of N in a long time. I listen to the radio all the time, and they never play his music.

In other news, EC looks hot with his 5 o'clock shadow. It's okay to have a little stubble. lol.

Job search: Right now I opened an account on cibc.com and uploaded my resume and applying to a bunch of positions in Edmonton. I did the same to Scotiabank. Yesterday I did at RBC. I already have a profile on Telus.com. I uploaded my profile on HSBC and applied for 6 positions.

This job search is going to be different. Besides the timing of passing resumes in November instead of January, I actually set up profiles on banking websites. I didn't do that before.

Life choices: I was thinking about life choices. I know one friend Heather, and she doesn't have the perfect life when growing up. Her dad left her when she was 6, and her mom kicked her out of the house when she was 16 after being a single mom for 10 years. H still managed to go to college and become a massage therapist.It's about what you make of your life. Unlike some people make poor life choices, like getting pregnant as a teenager. Everybody makes mistakes, but some can be colossal.

Crazy cat lady: I was watching 20/20 about cat ladies. They talked to this one woman who is depressed. She spends $3000 on cat food a month. If you are unhappy with your life, do something about it.Rant: My mild rant is about my job. The thing with call centres are that the supervisor can eavesdrop on your conversation, and you don't know it. Well it's a call centre, and they need to know how you're doing on the phone, but I just don't really like it.

I might as well throw this one in too. My friend Justin told me that he got the H1N1 shot while at work. Well it was prior to them saying: "If you're not a high- risk group, you can't get your shot." Well what's done is done. What would be really unfair is that he got his shot when he was specifically told that he didn't fit the group.

Neptune Noir: This is a book that I'm rereading. I bought this and Screenwriting for Dummies way back in Dec. 2007. Neptune is a book of essays about the TV show Veronica Mars. I love the show, and the essays are really well- written like the show.What's interesting is that the book mentions Robert McKee and his book Story. Over the summer I met the producer John Kerr and he told me to read him and his book. Then I got a producer Aaron James Sorenson who said the same thing. In an essay, RM says: "A character is revealed when they are under pressure."

Analyze: I was thinking about reality TV shows like The Hills and The City where they have people working at cool jobs like at fashion magazine, and record companies. No one works at a bank. Banks are respectable occupations, but it's not really entertaining enough to watch.

Dramas all have cops, doctors, and lawyers. That's entertaining. I was also thinking about my friend Angela. She has a career, but from how she described her job to me, it doesn't seem entertaining enough to watch on TV. Same goes with my friend Sonia with being a nurse, but she works at a nursing home.

It made me think of my script where Shawn works at a "garbage job" (as my dad would call it) at a call centre. Then S gets an illegal job which is way more fun, exciting, and pays really well which is what the movie is about.

Motivation: I found motivation in my horoscope today: "You know what needs to be done and you know if you don't make a start soon the chance to change your life for the better could pass you by. You have plenty of time to do the things that matter- just stop doing the things that don't!"

Nov. 20: Today I passed out 5 more resumes to banks.

Charity: I was watching some Much on Demand, and the Glee actor Cory Monteith was on. He promoted the charity called www.raisingtheroof.com where you can buy toques and the money goes to help homeless teens.

I also got this flier in the mail where you can buy stuff from Unicef and it can help the charity, while at the same you're getting a product in return. I also read in Metro this Gift Giving Guide with other charities like Free the Children.

Saying: I was reading in 24 yesterday about Epic Mickey creator Warren Spector. He created this video game of Mickey Mouse which is grittier for Wii. He says: "It's better to fail at something cool, than to do something you've already done."

That made me think of my job at the bank. It's good to try and fail at a good job, than do another garbage job that you've already done before. I was also thinking about Psychic Nadia where she said: "You put obstacles in front of yourself." The thing is I'm not really blacklisted from working at TD. I'm going to get a job there, I just need to avoid the branch that I worked at earlier.

News: I was reading in Metro that Melinda Mattos wrote. She got the from a blogger Meg Stone asking: "What if we did as much to prevent rape as we do to prevent H1N1?"

Thought: Another interesting line I read in Sofi Papamarko's article is this: "Because it's better for you to be genuinely happy than for us to believe you are."

Ryan Ross: I read in the Metro about this 8- yr old kid Ryan Ross who has made $900, 000. He had 60 chickens, and sold a dozen eggs for $3, and made $15 a day. Then he started a lawn mowing business where he charges customers $20/hr for business. He hires teens to mow lawns and get paid $15/hr. R gets the $5 for planning the business. Easy money.

Ninja Assassin: I saw this trailer on TV and it's from The Matrix producers. The lead is played by Korean pop star Rain. I have never heard of him. I have a character in my script named Rain. The story says that the lead character wants to stop the clan from kidnapping children and teaching them to be assassins. Maybe I'll rent it when it comes out on dvd.

Dance: I read that the So You Think You Can Dance Canada auditions are being held in Edmonton on Nov. 30. I don't know, after that last audition back in April, I feel very turned off. After I auditioned, I was like: "I'm going to keep auditioning." Cut to 8 months later, and I'm not very interested.

Oprah: Did you hear that Oprah will be ending her show by 2011? Well good for her.

The Office: I was thinking about boring jobs on TV again. If you watch The Office, it's about a company that sells paper. That's boring. However, the show isn't about the job, it's about the funny occurances and whacky characters that work there.

No comments: