Thursday, November 26, 2009

music flashback/ vamp joke/ opportunities

Nov. 23 Music flashback: I was watching some US5 performance and they are serenading this one girl on stage. It was really sweet how they all put their arms around her. I got this flashback of 2001 when I went to the O-town concert. It was kind of the same. You should check out US5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeV_sVQfSM&feature=related

Black Sash: I remember this show way back in 2003. It was teen show. It just popped into my head yesterday. I looked it up and it only had 7 eps. Russel Wong (Romeo Must Die) was the lead and he opened this karate school and these teenagers attended it. You got a lot of up- and- commers in there. You got Sarah Carter who is now on CSI: NY as a reoccurring character.

Corey Sevier, this Canadian actor. He's kind of here- and- there with work. I've seen him on short- lived shows like North Shore and one episode of Heartland. Brandy's little brother Ray J was in it. Missy Peregrym (the movie Stick It) was also in it. The show was shot in Vancouver.

Let's analyze why it didn't really work out and what did. Well, I'll give it points that the actors got talent. There were good fight scenes in the show, and it's not really an action- sci- fi show. It was a teen show that wasn't really set in high school, but a karate school. What I do remember was Sarah Carter's character goes out with this guy played by Jonathan Cherry (Final Destination 2). JC turns out to be a psycho and has a "wall of crazy."

That term is used when a psycho puts up pictures and stuff on this wall and it displays how crazy and obsessed he is with someone or something. SC and Missy Peregrym end up fighting the guy together in the kitchen, and a knife is thrown in. Then Ray J's character wants to be a DJ at this club, but the manager throws him out. Ray J then manages to fight off the bouncer who is twice his size. Later Ray J does get beat up, and quits the job.

Russel Wong's character gets in a fight with the ex- wife's boyfriend and his friends. The bad guy was played by Martin Cummins (Ames White on Dark Angel). He was also a bad guy on DA. That's what I need. Put fight scenes in a show that's not sci-fi.

It wasn't really an after- school special with tackling issues. It also wasn't about rich people, and doing sexy things like 90210. I saw a little bit of Glee last week, and they're doing a teen pregnancy ep. Black Sash didn't get around to that. Well Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a teen show, but they were about the supernatural. Veronica Mars was a teen show, but they never dealt with teen pregnancy.

Vamp joke: Today Conan O' Brien did the vampire assistant Cody (Eric Callero) sketch again. This time it was longer. It was in honor of Twilight star Taylor Lautner being a guest.

Conan: Hey Cody, did you get my coffee?
Cody: It's in your dressing room.
Con: Wow, that's a lot of passion. Well I covered all my bases and I need a werewolf as my other assistant. Here is Wolf Boy.
WB shows up.
Cod: No!
Con: What's wrong?
Cod: I can't share you. You have to choose between me or him.
Con: No!

They played this song where Conan was singing "Don't make me choose."Cod and WB get in a fight where they are pretending to throw punches at each other.
Two security guards pull them off.
The real Jerry Springer walks in between them.
The audience cheers and chants: "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"
J: No man is worth fighting for.
Cod: Fine, then.
Cod runs outside and bursts into flames.

J: Cody!J runs outside and bursts into flames. The subtitle says: "Jerry Springer 1379- Today."
Con: Well that explains a lot.
lol.

Nov. 24 Job search: I was going through my 200- something emails in my MacEwan account. A couple of weeks ago it said: "You have 300 emails in your account, delete some or we can't email you anything." So I went and started deleting stuff since 2006.

I found old job postings for RIM (Research in Motion). I then checked the site, and there isn't one location in Edmonton. I did bookmark the page csif.org which is Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers. I forgot about them. I must have lost that bookmark when my computer broke down.

Script: Then I found the email address to this production company. I then emailed them my script pitch. The email was way back in 2007. I remembered it because it was looking for scripts from Canadians. I wrote this email where I realized I have been writing for years, and yet have not really completed a full- length screenplay. I had many excuses like I graduated out of jr. high, high school, college, and was working. I did write, I just didn't complete any written things. Hey, I was doing stuff that matters like school and work. I then emailed another person at a production company.

Opportunities: You can always find opportunities. I was going through my MacEwan email and there is AMPA, Alberta Magazine Publisher's Association. There are also those literary journals like Prairie Journal, Malahat Review, Grain. The publish short stories and poems. There is the Edmonton Poetry Festival. I may have entered in that one.

Look, I mainly have to find stuff in films and TV. The poetry and short stories aren't what I'm as interested in as getting my stuff on air. There is job postings for Driving Force for graphic designer. It's a old posting, and the locations aren't really close to where I live.

I never took the elective Technical Writing class, because I'm not interested. There's that saying: "Beggars can not be choosers." Focus on the screenplays. Then expand to other writing like short stories, expand to technical writing.

Banks: I applied to 2 banks at Capilano today. I got some conflicting advice. My friend Dan said that he worked at banks and November is really dead. Justin says the new bank year starts Nov.1. Jan. and Feb. are the busiest time for banks because everybody's cashing in their RRSPs. Well I'm just going to keep applying anyway.

Nov. 25 Charity: I was going through my MacEwan email and there is this charity called Boyle Street, www.boylestreet.org that helps homeless people. I know about Hope Mission, the Mustard Seed, Salvation Army, but I've never heard of this. Check it out.

I found this company called Netdigix.com. It's located in Vancouver though and they were needing volunteer writers.

Giles Panton: In other news, I checked my email and on Facebook, the actor Giles Panton said he invites everybody to watch him on the TV show V. I caught the last half of the episode, and saw him play an alien. He basically said his lines in a robotic kind of tone. It was good to see him.

Feelings: While I'm doing my job search, I feel depressed. I feel like what's the point? I probably won't get this job. I'm not really interested in it. I do it, because my parents want me to. I already know the version of myself where I work at a restaurant and a call centre. Let's do bigger things where I get paid more. Try something new.

Job rant: This is a mild rant. Malatest isn't really giving me a lot of hours. Yesterday they closed the place down due to lack of work. The day before, I was to work 4 hours, but I only worked for an hour and a half because of no work. I was to work for 7 hours today, but I only got 2 hours and 15 min.

The good thing is, I don't really like this job and I can still go home and watch TV. It was kind of sad today when I called this guy to do a survey about Service Canada. He said he's living in the backyard of his friend's place because of the economy. You got to be grateful for what you have.

Nov. 26 Names: I was watching So You Think You Can Dance and there was a girl on the show named Channing. The only other Channing I know is Channing Tatum from the movie Step Up. I have never heard of the name Channing until CT came along in 2006.

No comments: