Friday, November 13, 2009

False Pretenses/ rant/ good

Nov. 9 False Pretenses: I saw this TV movie starring Peta Wilson (Nikita from Nikita). It's really good. I'll put this right underneath Obituary. It's about a woman Diane who is married to this rich business guy played by Anthony Lemke (a cop on The Listener.) The bad guy swindled him and a lot of people out of their money like a Ponzi scheme. This came out in 2004 and airing it during the recession.

Diane and her husband are moving out of her mansion and she says they'll get through this. Then later, he shoots himself. There is a funeral, and D drives to live with her parents. She gets stuck in Texas when her car brokes down. She talks to the Mechanic and he lets her drive out of there, as long as she pays him back eventually.

D gets a job as a waitress at a cafe and meets this black woman Cherise who works there. They end up getting along. Diane then goes by the name of D because the manager won't shell out a new name tag. Later she meets the bad guy Mark under a new name and she calls police.

Fortunately, D sees M at a party earlier in the film, and knows how he looks like, and he doesn't know her. She also goes by a new name, She meets this Latino deputy Nando and they become friends. D talks to M and meet him for drinks and they decide to work together.

D tells N about it and they put a tape in her bag to tape the convo. Later when D shows the tape to the sheriff, the tape is blank. The tapes were put right by this thing that deletes surviellance tapes. D and M are in a underground parking garage, and a Robber comes. M beats up the guy, turns out he was in Desert Storm.

Later D and N bond, and they hook up. D sees N's tattoo with the same bird like M does. D investigates and finds a box of photos. N comes and D hides under the bed. N talks to M, and it turns out D and M are in this together.

D then goes to the airport with M with this Texas Ranger guy. M had already threw out the evidence in a dumpster. In the lounge, you hear a black woman yelling and you know it's Cherise. Then D touches one of the two brief cases in the bait and switch. M doesn't let her take it.

D goes to the washroom with her bag. M checks on D, and she's gone. Police and FBI come with Nando. They open the two briefcases and there's no money, it's papers. Then they use M's cell phone and it calls N's phone. They go to the police car and there's the case full of money. N get arrested.

FBI woman is talking to D on the phone. Show D's friends C and Mechanic sifting through garbage to find evidence. D moving briefcase with the money to Mech. Show C yelling at the lounge. Show C and Mech putting briefcase in cop car. C and Mech get into D's car. It turns out D and FBI woman have met, when D served her and gotten her number during a reservation.

D gets money out of M's safe deposit box. C gets her money and laptop for her kid. Mech gets his money for his work. Cut to D driving in the highway to her family.

Nov. 10 Cold: Today I stayed home from work because of this cold. On Wed. I felt really sick, but then I felt like I was recovering. Then on Mon. I felt really sick again. Today and Remembrance Day, I'm going to work on a full recovery.

Careless in Red: This is a book written by Elizabeth George. It's like 700 pages. The longest book I've ever read. I haven't read something this long since 600 something pages The Rainmaker by John Grisham for Legal Studies in high school back in 2002. I do read the newspaper everyday, just not books. This old lady Lucy who is a customer at the Soup place gave me this book. I read it after I finished reading Screenwriting for Dummies back in Sept.

Now onto the actual book. It's way too long. It's well- written about a cop named Thomas Lynley who finds a dead body as he was on his long nature walk. T was grieving over his dead wife that got killed the book before. He meets this woman Daidre Trahair and they go to the police. T meets some more cops and try to figure out if the 18- yr- old guy Santo Kerne died by accident or if it was murder.

I'm used to 1 hr dramas on TV. Maybe even ongoing mysteries for a whole season. Basically, I like TV more than books. If you like mysteries, and don't mind reading long books, check this book out.

Dilbert: I wrote this line where Dilbert (the comic strip) said this: "Well, obviously I'd have to weigh the benefits of sharing it versus the risk of getting caught."It's an interesting line about what to reveal, and what to conceal. I could use this for my own writing.

16 and Pregnant: So I was annoyed that all my bookmarks got deleted like the Secret Life of the American Teenager thread on twop.com. Then I decided to bookmark the other TV show about teen pregnancy 16 and Pregnant. Mainly people were saying that this show is depressing.Interesting comments about Maci and Ryan.

1 person: "Ryan is 21, he's an immature 21. He's more like 15."
2nd person: "Well it's a lot easier to get a high school kid and impress her, than find a 21 yr old with life experience."
3rd person: "That's why he's prowling around the local high school."

lol. Funny, but at the same time I'm kind of skeeved. It's been months since I see that ep, so I guess I forgot what his age was. Though I certainly remembered that he was immature and irresponsible. There was Ebony and her boyfriend who was the same, but less annoying.

Nov. 12 Rant: I missed work on Tues. because I was sick. Wed. was Remembrance day so I stayed at home. Today I went to work and I called up people for 3 hours. I got some people's email addresses to do the survey. Then I went to the washroom, and when I came back, my computer was turned off. The supervisor turned it off because I wasn't getting any completes.

I told him how one morning I didn't have any completes (one of the days I was sick). He said that the more completes you get, the more hours you get. He basically sent me home. You know what? I told you this before, they jerked me around the first time by giving me that one day of training, and then decided not to hire me.

They're jerking me around again. However, I still got a job on the side. I actually stopped by the Soup place to see if they needed my help today, and they didn't. Well see how the call centre is going. I'll admit that calling people up is boring, and I was kind of glad to have a cold to get out of work. I can't play hooky and be dishonest. Well if they do end up firing me for not being good enough, you'll know from me that this is a bad call centre to work at.

Nov. 13 Good: Today at work, I got 5 completes because this is a new survey where it's less than 5 min. long and not like the 20min surveys. Work was done earlier and I got to leave at 2:45pm.

The main highlight today is that I actually feel good today. I hope this time my cold is really gone unlike last week when I thought it was over, and then it came again at the beginning of this week.

I picked up my paycheck from the Soup place, and I went and got a haircut in Chinatown. It only costs $16.

Saying: "If you don't like something about your life, do something about it." I went and emailed the TV producer if he has read my script yet. I also emailed the actor Giles Panton to see if he has decided to be in my movie or not. It's been about a month since I heard from either of them.

I was thinking about my jobs when I was having a cold. I would make it everyday to my movie set even if I had a cold.

No comments: