Monday, November 23, 2009

psychic dream/ Kyle Riabko/ weird

Nov. 21 Psychic dream: I have an urge to see a psychic. Last night I had a dream that I saw Psychic Nadia at the Russian Tea Room. I felt like I wasted my time with her because she didn't give me any good answers. Then I woke up. Then I had a second dream with her in it and I asked her good questions, and there were a few other psychics with her.

Writing: I read my Rain script that I haven't looked at in a month. I had hit writer's block and to get rid of it, you should get away from your script for awhile. I then read the 40 pages I wrote, and I found it to be boring.

I've been reading the newspaper, trying to find a story and inspiration. I went shopping and I still didn't really find anything interesting. Except did you know that Push Mobile store has closed down after some months? You thought the recession was over.

Rant: My sister told me that I should try to fix the answering machine and maybe there might actually be messages for me for work. After like a good half hour with going through this whole menu on the phone and setting everything up, I got to hear 20 expired messages. Half of them were hang ups and it was mainly meaningless stuff.

Stuff like the eye doctor calling me to remind me of an appointment, and how this Young Drivers ed says there isn't a location in Edmonton to teach me how to drive. That self- publishing company Xlibris called. A sales phone call, the library calling to tell S to pick up her book. Grand and Toy telling my dad to pick up his toner, and a phone call for work for Patrick.

I'm really mad because one of the phone calls was for me for work. I'm thinking about Psychic Nadia saying: "You put obstacles in front of yourself." I didn't know that we couldn't access our answering machine until S told me about it last month.

I went and looked at my records, and I passed my resume to the location way back in Apr. 2009. I don't know when they called, but I feel that the ship has sailed. Now that's putting obstacles in front of yourself if you don't call back. I will call back and check the website.

Now I have a weird flashback of working at Ipsos. This woman on the phone claims she's a psychic and she says: "Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?" Yes, I suppose maybe I wasn't supposed to get that job. However, I will still look into it. I just set up my profile on their site and uploaded my resume to Sunlife Financial.

Job search: I went to the Shaw.ca and looked for a job. There are only 2 positions in Edmonton. One of them needs a valid driver's licensce, and the other says I need technical abilities to fix stuff. I can't apply.

Nov. 22: I filled out my profile on Westin hotels. I dropped my resume there months ago, but I never went to the website until now. I applied at one administrative position and one server position. Well the server is kind of like a garbage job. Maybe it'll pay more.

Phone: I called to get my voicemail, and then it didn't work. Now I called Shaw, and now it does.

Productive: Everything I do, I have to think: "Am I doing something that matters?" I am allowed to do fun and unproductive things like watch TV as a break. It's only after I do all these other productive things.

Now as usual, I must compare my life to TV. If you watch reality TV shows like The Hills and The City, I feel like they don't really do productive things. Well maybe when it shows the people working it's productive. Right now, when I'm not working, I'm either watching TV or looking for a job.

Inspiration: I finally let my friend Ray read my script. Usually at work, we talk about it, but I only discuss some of it and some ideas. I let her read the full- length script because I had hit writer's block. Other producers have told me to show it to a friend.

Ray is the third person to tell me to work on the dialogue. She did say: "It's believable and unpredictable."

Degrassi: Right now I'm watching this show, and how it applies to my life. The character Kelly is talking to Emma.

K: I got a job at an engineering firm, it would be crazy for me to turn it down.
Me: That ain't no garbage job.

Emma is doing this volunteer work all summer. It's where they donate bikes to 3rd world countries so the people could get to school and get water easier. Also no pollution. That's good. However, she's working all summer without pay. I wouldn't do that.

There was a little recycling with Emma and how her first year at college didn't work out, because she was skipping. They did this storyline with Paige, it's where she goes to college, but it's really hard. She gets panic attacks and drops out.

Flashback: It kind of reminds me of the first year of college. I wasn't in the right program at NAIT. Today my sister told me I should go take an administrative assistant program at Grant MacEwan. I know there's one in CDI. The thing is, I'm not really interested in going to school.

I have to be really interested in something if I'm going to spend so much time and money. Professional Writing was worth it.

Kyle Riabko: The Lead: During commercial breaks of The Simpsons, I saw this documentary. It's about musician/ actor Kyle Riabko whom I met twice. He was in the musical Spring Awakening and I have seen clips and interviews of it. They also talked to people who are obsessed with the musical.

Job info: I was talking to Justin and he told me about his friends working at Superstore. If you work there for 500 hours, you can get a raise. Yesterday, S told me the same about Safeway.

Nov. 23: The store Urban Planet does the same thing, but you have to work for 6 months, and they'll add an extra $1 for all the hours you worked.

Economy: I saw that ZZ Style clothing store has closed down. Too bad, it opened some months ago just like Push Mobile did. They both closed down, like Horizons did all at City Centre. However, Flaming Wok opened during the recession, and they're still open. Maybe Kiwi Kiss will stay open because it's in the food industry.

Shopping: In other news, today I finally bought two pairs of black dress pants at Jacob Connexion. Whoa, big spender. Most dress pants were $40, these were on sale for $20, so that's why I bought two. I bought a pair of black pants months ago, and later realized it's too baggy and mainly only wear it at home.

Writing comments: Ray said that the characters do have distinct voices which conflicted with what the producer Josh Miller said. R did mention that I should be careful about mentioning outside sources like TV shows and songs. That does cost money to mention it.

Overall she said it was good. I have told her the harsh comments I got from producers and readers. I can take the pain. lol.

Weird: It was weird yesterday. I was watching Family Guy, and Quagmire was always this womanizer. Then he got some character development in this one episode. He actually becomes a sympathetic character.

He lets his sister stay at his place so she could hide away from her abusive boyfriend. He reveals that he has deaf brother. It's revealed that he really wanted to go on a date with this one woman because she was "the one who got away." He's a womanizer because he has this hole in himself, and the only way he can fill it is with women.

Then he goes and tells Brian why he hates him. He points all these flaws in Brian's character that B is always hitting on Peter's wife, though Peter is the one who lets B stay with him and feeds him. Basically dissing B for being disrespectful. It's weird that I learned some writing tips on this show. FG is show where it's fun, and you don't learn anything.

No comments: