Friday, May 29, 2009

fun/ writing/ US5

May 27 Fun: Yesterday my friend Chamnoeur dropped by my job. Today one of my classmates from the Professional Writing program dropped by. Megan dropped by some months ago. We were talking and catching up. I told her about the new TV show The Listener that's coming out Thursday June 4 on CTV.

Writing: Today one of the production companies emailed me back saying he is too busy with his other projects. He said:

"You might want to consider attending a pitch festival to assess the script's value and your own commitment to the process. The "Great American Pitch Festival" is as good as it gets for a new writer. And it's run by a writer from Calgary.
http://www.pitchfest.com/

Attendance, will ground you in what does and doesn't sell - in the long run it will save you time, money and aggravation.
Hope this helps"

I checked out the site, and it's being run in Burbank, California, so I can 't go there. Now, I'm getting a flashback. Jay Leno did a segment on it called "Pitch to America."

Today I noticed this paper on the floor, and I realized that it's one of the pages to my script that I sent out to the production company. Damn it. However, I then emailed them the missing page so now everything's okay.

I also emailed the writer Conni Massing for help on this new script I'm working on.

Disk: Today I decided to go through all my disks to see if any of them work. Well, well, look at this Memorex cd that I got from 2002, and it doesn't work anymore. It had my Short Fiction Forms class assignments on it. It's totally okay because I put all that stuff on my blog.

May 28 Music: I borrowed the Jason Mraz cd called "We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things." It was surprisely a good pop, adult alternative cd. I like the song "Make it Mine" because it's so upbeat. I like the duet with Colbie Calet to the song "Lucky." My favorite songs are "Coyotes" and "Only Human." I recommend you all check it out.

Mental: I checked out this new show called Mental about a doctor who works at a mental hospital. It stars Chris Vance (Whistler from Prison Break) plays the doctor. In the pilot, Haywire from Prison Break also guest stars. I saw him play a bad guy on Law and Order: SVU recently. Haywire was a crazy guy on PB, and he also plays a mental patient in this ep.

In Plain Sight: I saw the season 2 premiere of In Plain Sight. I've been anticipating this since the season finale ended last summer in August. Well it's not what I expected. I thought the show was going to start off with a few months after the season finale took place. Instead, the premiere starts 2 days where they last ended. Well it's good to then show the FBI agent Mary go through PTSD after being kidnapped and almost killed.

Job: It's good to know you're appreciated. I was going to leave work at the end of the day, and my manager Stella gave me a bag of chips, and a box of chocolates for my hardwork while she was on vacation.

Dance: I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance. I like to watch the good dancers. However, I also like to hear the judges tell the bad dancers that they are bad, and how to improve. They often encourage them to keep dancing and taking lessons. There are some bad dancing that I realize isn't as bad to the point that I'm cringing. But it's still bad.

I'm watching day 1 of the Seattle auditions, and only 4 out of the hundreds of people who auditioned got to go Vegas. Wow, that's very little.

Funny: Today I was reading The Globe and Mail, and it turns out those Archie comics have this wedding coming up. Archie has to choose between Betty and Veronica. He chooses Veronica. In the article it talks about in these tough economic times, it's good to marry a rich girl. lol.

The poll said 77% would pick Betty. That reminds me of the days when I used to read those comics. I read them from 8- 13 years old. Then I checked it out when I was 15, and the pictures look like everybody was still living in the 1950s. lol.

May 29 Job search: I went and applied to 2 places by the MacEwan City Centre campus. Then I went and looked for the Trend Research call centre, and it wasn't there. I did pass my resume there a couple of weeks ago at the one by Sobey's on Jasper Ave. So it looks like they moved.

I remember in the convo with Megan that right now she is working at Safeway deli's section. It pays $11.15/ hr which is better than my pay.

Shopping:
Then I went and shopped around for black dress pants. I went to so many stores in City Centre. They fit the waist, but it's too long for my legs. I guess I could get them hemmed, but I don't want to get my mom to do that. When I did find a pair of pants that fit, it was $49. I might as well go to Capilano and check out Hangers, Winners, and Wal- mart to find cheap pants. Maybe even look in the kids section because I'm so short. lol.

The Listener: Today I saw that there is behind- the- scenes special about this show so I watched it. They gave a tour of the set, and talked to the cast members and director, writer, producer about it. They showed them shooting, and some clips of the eps.

US5: I was checking out Danity Kane's song "Bad Girl" feat. Missy Elliot. It turns out Talon from the reality show Laguana Beach is in the beginning of the video with Aubrey. They did a straight- to- video movie together.

I was then scrolling down the rest of the vids and found this boy band called US5. I have never heard of them before. Check them out on Wikipedia. They came out in 2005, and they had 5 members quit and be replaced. These guys are pretty, and can certainly sing and dance. I really like to watch them dance. Their moves are very good.

They are a multi- national group with guys from Europe and the US. There is also a black guy in it. In boy bands, they are mostly white except for O- town and the British boy band Blue. US5 was helped out by Lou Pearlman who created Backstreet Boys, Nysnc, and O- town. Yeah, before he caught embezzling money and is now in prison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US5

Here's their dance video "In the Club":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_qo-zFhYKE

Here's another dance video "Rhythm of Life":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAe27Aliu7o&feature=channel

Here's their Latin- pop song called "Maria." Lou Pearlman makes an appearance driving a car in the vid. He was also in Backstreet Boys "We've Got it Goin' On" vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwV8Dclk0cM&feature=channel

Here's their ballad called "Come Back to Me Baby":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ZWaSP-sng&feature=channel

Here's a dance vid called "Round and Round."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnp8zmYYvRo&feature=channel

I now noticed that their videos have a lot of techno to it. Or at least use of a green screen.

Here's their vid "Because of You" which is like Backstreet Boys "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)" with a boy band entering into a mansion. Throw in zombies and vampires. The plot twist in the end the guys are in the theatre watching a movie. A girl in the theatre looks evil with her eyes glowing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdtnlanhC4&feature=channel

Here's a nice ballad called "One night with You." I don't get this vid. It's black and white. It looks like the girl is going to shoot one of the members from a distance. Then later, she decides not to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdtnlanhC4&feature=channel

Here's a dance vid called "The Boys are Back" where they are down to 4 guys. They also have High School Musical clips in the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA8SMElS8BE&feature=related

I found this artist Shayne Ward and his vid "If That's OK With You." I don't really find him hot. I do like the song, dance, and vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8s-P9nFmLs&feature=related

5 comments:

Saknd said...

With the help of the fun writing you can enjoy the best area of the job here. You can also get the best session of all the time here. You can visit the website in this area and can find the prevuios posts with this blog which is a good thing for you.

Taylor said...

With this blog of the fun you can find the attendance and all the better tasks. You can find the real fun here in this zone and can find the real fun. You can go to website and can get the best posts of all the time here in this field.

Sun said...

When you combine all tghe stuff in a single paragraph, ti becomes a unique thing and you need to face the outcomes that www.plagerismchecker.org/how-to-master-paper-writing-in-6-simple-steps-with-copywrite-checker has established.

Walla said...

With the link of the fun writing session you can get the best help from this link. Just get your life more good and you can get the great post to read which has the article on the better theme. You can really find it more good.

Tohp said...

With the help of the fun writing strcuture you can find the new link in this page. You can get the link of https://www.paraphrasingservices.net/how-to-cite-after-paraphrasing-a-step-by-step-guide/ with this area and can maintain the new image here. Just cover your life with the new page here.