Friday, May 8, 2009

writing/ money/ dollhouse

FRIDAY, MAY 8, 2009

writing/ money/ dollhouse

May 5 Writing: It turns out this 9- year- old boy Alec Greven wrote a dating book called How to Talk to Girls and it got published.

I WROTE THE BOOK OF LOVE

I'm getting a flashback of 2004 when I was at NAIT. The assignment was to write a instruction manual. I wrote a dating manual. You know what, I could probably fluff it up, and get it published. However, there needs some credibility of why you should take my dating advice.

I just saw him on Jay Leno, and AG talked about his new books called How to Talk to Mom, and How to Talk to Dad. AG is so cute. He is well- mannered, sweet, and nice. He was wearing a white shirt, and a nice dark blue button down shirt over it, and khakis. He was supposed to bump his fist with Howie Mandel's fist. Right before AG does it, he pulls out hand lotion from his pocket and rubs them all over his hands. Like, seriously.

May 6 Music: I borrowed the cd from the rock band Rise Against. I don't really like rock music, and I wasn't really interested in the cd. I borrowed this Leona Lewis cd called "Best Kept Secret" today. These songs are from 2005 before she got big when she released her ballad "Bleeding Love." The songs are dance and R&B which I like.

It's kind of like when Christina Aguilara got big. She released her cd, then later she released this other cd with songs she recorded before she got big.

Staycation: I heard of this word staycation in The Globe and Mail. It means when you don't have a lot of money to go on vacation, you go to somewhere close or stay at home. Right now I'm on a staycation. Sure I still go to work, but it's really my sister who is traveling to Europe. It's her life long dream to go there.

My staycation is getting away from her. It's like that ep on The Simpsons where Homer is teaching a class on marriage and he was talking to that guy in the job interview: "Anything to get away from all the whining, and complaining... of a loving family."

May 7: I emailed some Saskatchewan production companies earlier this week. One of them said it's not their "cup of tea", but I still emailed them the script. Another said this:

"Thanks for your email and your interest.
Unfortunately, your script is similar to one we already have in development, in that it deals with the same subject matter so we'll have to decline on that basis,
Thanks for your interest and by all means let us know if you have anything in the future"

Damn. Not only did I get rejected, there is a script that's similar to it. Maybe same subject matter, but different story.

Money: In other news I got way more money back in the tax refund. Well I did work full time for the past year. I usually work part- time to full- time in the summer between school years. Every time I get a check from the govt., I have to quote from The Simpsons: "It gets easier every week."

The episode where Marge becomes a real estate agent. Then at the end of the ep, the family goes to this place to get a check.

Marge: $500 for doing nothing? I feel like such a crook.
George Bush: It gets easier every week.

You know, because presidents get paid even when their term ends.

May 8 Motivation: Maybe it's a good thing that I got my tax refund back, because I got to see how much money I really made. Let's just say on the good side, it's the most I ever made in a year. That's because I worked full- time for months and I didn't stop because I had school.

On the bad side, it's still less than $25 000. This will provide motivation for me to get a career.

Job search: I went and deposited my check. Then I went to Centre High. I haven't been there since I used to go there from 2003-2004. Then I visited there in 2005 when NAIT didn't work out. It's 2009, and it's totally different. There used to be a food court in there, and now it's some sort of office that helps people with careers. They said it isn't a temp agency. Though they did build a temp agency for trades people in the other hallway.

It's fine that there isn't a food court. There is still a convenience store, and a little coffee place in there. Not to mention the two food courts in City Centre mall that's right by there.

I then passed my resumes to 9 places. I had to really go around downtown to search for places. I applied to Stantec, some beauty salons, hotels, dental clinics, and this health clinic. That's what I did in the afternoon. In the morning, I was working on my script, and trying to improve the dialogue before I resubmit it again. I'm still waiting for a reply from this one guy who said he will get back to me by the end of the week. It's Friday so I called him and left a message.

Dollhouse: The season finale was crazy. They did a rewind of how it kind of all started. Let's start off with some random stuff like for the military alphabet, W is for Whiskey. I was like: "Oh yeah." That sure brings back memories of working at Ipsos.

Basically Dr. Saunders (Amy Acker) used to be a doll named Whiskey. She was the number 1 doll. Then the doll Alpha attacked her, and cut her face. There was already a Dr. Saunders, but he was a guy. Later he retired, and since Whiskey was a broken doll, they put Dr. Saunders personality into her.

The Dollhouse started out with prisoners who were serving long prison terms, and Alpha was going to become a serial killer. Alpha had attacked a woman, and he was in for attempted murder. That reminds me of the TV show She Spies. A group of 3 women who are serving prison sentences work for a secret govt. agency to shorten their prison terms.

After A attacked W, he was put into the chair to wipe his mind out. Topher then put 48 different personalities imprints out. A then attacks his handler, and Topher accidentally put in all 48 personalities into A's head. That made him go crazy. A then escaped. Now in the finale, A comes back and kidnaps Echo and he imprints all her personalities into her head and calls her Omega.

E then rebels and fights A. The doll November is permanently deactivated and can go and live a normal life. The agent Ballard who's been trying to bring down the Dollhouse, is now working for them. I do like the part where E talks to her original self Caroline. E tells C that doesn't mean you sign a contract to be a slave, justify it, and that there is a black president.

Movie: During commercial breaks I saw Chasing Liberty (2003) where Mandy Moore plays the president's daughter. There are so many movies about the president's daughter. Then it made me think of Head of State where Chris Rock plays the first black president (2002).

Next week is the series finale of Prison Break. I'll give FOX points that they didn't cancel this show prematurely which they often do. I needed to see the promo that there is going to be a 2hr series finale of the show before I could believe it. C'mon, it's been around for 4 seasons.

1st season: Michael goes to prison to break out his brother Lincoln out of jail.
2nd season: Michael and Lincoln on the run.
3rd season: Michael goes to a ghetto prison in Mexico.
4th season: Michael breaks out and he and Lincoln have to find Scylla to get the bad guys called The Company out of their lives. The Company was the one who started it all.

They had a good run with good episodes. Good luck to all the actors and crew people.


No comments: