Monday, May 18, 2009

funny/ crazy news/ inspiration

May 16 Funny: Today I went to work and talked to Ray about Kevin Federline and how he can't make ends meet with $40, 000 a month.

Ray: There are people who make $40,000 a year, and they can live off it. He could put a down payment on a house in a nice neighborhood to raise his kids. He could put $1500 a month for mortgage payments. He must be eating out and drinking every night.
Me: If he spends $2000 on food, he may have to feed his nannies.
Ray: I don't know about him feeding his bodyguards.

I also told her I saw Flashpoint yesterday, and remembered that in the military alphabet, the B means Bravo. On the show they were using it.

Crazy news: I read on Yahoo news about this man who tried to buy a prostitute for his 14 yr old son. I was like "Oh my God." Sheesh, I can laugh at K- Fed for not knowing how to handle money, but this man trying to buy a prostitute is funny, but at the same time kind of not. The prostitute they picked up was an undercover cop. From the article: "The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was handed a 10-month prison sentence, suspended for a year, after he admitted a charge of trying to solicit a woman to have sex with a child, the Press Association reported.

Judge Jonathan Teare said he would spare the father jail because of his excellent character and that he believed he did not mean any harm to his son. 'You have a duty of care to your son and that is to look after his moral welfare, not as you might think to break him in to the ways of sex through a prostitute,' he said."

Excellent character? More like stupidity. The boy is still allowed to live with his dad.

Oh my God, now that reminds me of this old MADtv sketch from 2002. I thought this kind of stuff only occurs on TV shows, not in real life, but it looks like life is imitating art. The sketch was where this nerdy high school kid is talking to his dad.

Dad: Well go buy yourself a prostitute.
Son: I don't want to lose my virginity to a prostitute. I want to lose it to someone who I love and care about.
Dad: That's nice son, but I lost my virginity to a prostitute. Go ask your mother.
The audience laughs. That's the kind of joke you say: "Ohhhhhh."

Writing: Yesterday I got rejected from this guy who I wanted him to be in my movie. That's okay. I then contacted this other guy, and he says he read most of my script. I came home and Flash Gordon and Harper's Island wasn't on. That must be a sign to go and work. I then sent out 17 emails trying to get my script produced. I had the radio on in the background, and then the MADtv series finale was on too.

May 17 Inspiration: I found this on www.postsecret.com where the creator Frank is talking to a graduating class at Berkeley. He asks everybody to write one sentence that people should hear on graduation day. Here are a few:

Be wise enough not to be reckless, but brave enough to take great risks.It’s okay to fail – learn from it and you will succeed.It’s better to be pissed-off than pissed-on.
As I said before, my life revolves around TV. I'm trying to cut down. Sure I just saw the Desperate Housewives season finale, but then there are all these new shows coming on like The Listener (June 4), and So You Think You Can Dance, this Thurs, May 21.

Job: On Friday I passed my resume to Crown Plaza. It's the place where they have that revolving restaurant on the top floor. The woman at the front desk told me to go to human resources on the 4th floor to pass my resume, and that's how I learned of the restaurant. There was a sign in the elevator.

I remember way back in 2000, my friend Leslie told me she went there with her boyfriend. She put a penny on the side of the window, and one hour later the penny came back. lol. I told Ray this, and she said it goes around once an hour. If it goes faster, we would be getting dizzy and things would be falling all over the place. lol.

May 18 News: I read in the Globe and Mail life section, about how pregnant women are smug. There are these 2 girls who wrote a song about how pregnant women won't tell anyone what the gender of the baby is, and what their names are going to be. Also how they talk about they don't care what the gender is, as long as it's a healthy baby.

Then this 40 year old guy talked about how his wife was smug throughout all 5 of her pregnancies. He says: "I know she doesn't care if the baby has 18 fingers, as long as it's a girl." The song is on the internet, and everybody says "So True" even women who are pregnant.

They say that pregnant women are smug because women get a lot of negative attention. If they find some positive attention, they will capitalize on it. It kind of reminded me of when Jennifer Garner first got pregnant, and she was on Jay Leno.

Jay: Is it going to be a boy or a girl?
Jennifer: Well it's definetely going to be one or the other.
The audience laughs.
I don't see her as smug, I thought that she was a celebrity who wanted to keep one part of her life private.

Cut to later in the interview.
Jennifer: I thought I was getting bigger and bigger and she-
Right then she points to her stomach. Then she realized what she just said. The audience laughs and cheers.
Jay: So it's going to be a girl.

Pump Casting: There was this bit on Jay Leno. It's where this news reporter is telling the news, and the TV is on the gas pump in the gas station. The reporter then talks to the people who are pumping gas.

Cut to this 20- something year old guy pumping gas.
Reporter: How about you sir?
Guy looks up at the TV screen.
Reporter: Yes, you.
Guy: Is this really happening?
Reporter: Yes. What's your job?

Guy: I'm an actor. When I'm not working, I'm doing whatever it takes to make money.
Reporter: What movies and TV shows have you been on?
Guy: I was on a CBS TV show called Close to Home.

Cut to the clip that Guy was on.
I thought that was so cool. I totally forgot about that crime drama.

Shopping: Today I finally had a day off from working on those long weekends. I worked on Thanksgiving, and Easter weekend. I went to West Ed mall today. I haven't been there in some months. That cheap theatre Cineplex Odeon closed down, and has been replaced by a Hakim Optical and another Urban Behaviour will come along. There is already a UB at the other food court.

The Chinese fast food restaurant Oriental Delight had gotten renovations. They look really good. WEM treasures also opened. It sells souveniers of the mall. There used to be a Ben and Jerry's, but now it's replaced by Yogen Fruz. There is a new store called Fossil that sells bags, sunglasses, high end stuff. I don't remember seeing a Hugo Boss the last time I was there, but there is one now. Another new store was Geox which sells shoes.

That Apple store no longer can let us listen to music with their ipods. They only have iPhones out without headphones.

Prior to it, I did some writing and I went out to lunch with my parents and grandma.

Quotes: I went to Chapters and they sold these bags with these inspirational quotes:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Thoreau

"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good." -Minor Myers Jr.

No comments: