Wednesday, March 4, 2009

rant/ inspiration/ jimmy fallon

Mar. 1 Rant: You may be thinking: "What? Another rant?" It must be March Madness, or a lack of paxil. So anyway I picked up a new Job Classified newspaper. There is that ad about professional telemarketing. It's advertised as $16/hr. I had still kept that same ad which was advertised in Oct. 2008. The 2008 was advertised as $18/hr. I'm angry that the economy is bad, that the wage has been decreased. However, that wage is still pretty high.

I'm also annoyed at the fact that I should have applied there back in Oct. 2008. I didn't because I thought I was going to have to go back to school in a couple of months, and I needed to focus on that. Well even if I did pass my resume there earlier, I don't really know if they would even hire me. Well I hope it motivates you to go and apply for that job, before the wage decreases.

Mar. 2: I want to add to that rant about that old woman. I wished those two other women who bought stuff, and sat down, wasn't there. They were there, and then they had to come and help her pick her soup. If those two women weren't there, then I could have easily said to the old woman: "Look, all the vegetables in the soups are hard. I suggest you go somewhere else to eat, because I can't help you." Then she would leave. I can't say that, because those two women would have heard, and thought I was rude.

News: I read in 24 about the price increases on food. It's because the Canadian dollar went down to 80 cents. When we buy food from other countries, we convert to the US dollar, and that's why the food costs more.

Funny: This morning Patrick was about to leave for school.
Me: You forgot your lunch.
P: Oh yeah.
Me: Do you want me to get it?
P: No, I can, thanks.
Me: "I think I got your lunch. Please be good. Please." Get it?
P: Yeah.

I was quoting from The Simpsons:
Cut to Bart and Lisa at the school cafeteria.
Bart: I think I got your lunch.
Cut to a note: "Have a nice day! Mom."
Lisa: Yeah, I think I got your lunch.
Cut to a note: "Please be good. Please. Mom."
lol.

Job:
It's my 10th month working here. Saturday was crazy, because when I got there, Ray wasn't there because she was sick. I ran around getting everything ready. That has happened before where I have to open, when I wasn't supposed to. At least the first hour it wasn't busy, and the soup managed to get hot enough to serve. Then the sink leaked and it was spraying water everywhere. Stella had to turn off the valve.

Today Stella gave me a Lays Stax Cheddar chips as a "bonus." I also picked up that 2L Diet Pepsi from work. It expired back in Dec. 24, 2007, but I'm going to drink it anyway. I drank Diet Pepsi when it wasn't expired, and it doesn't taste really good. I drank the expired pop, and it doesn't taste good. I drank two 2L C Plus pop that expired in 2008 (I also got from work), and I'm fine. Eating and drinking expired food is the only risky behaviour I do.

Inspiration: I was at www.myspace.com/nataliemusic. Natalie is a singer. You may have heard of her song back in 2005 called "Goin' Crazy." I thought her blog post was rather inspirational:

"Do not neglect your gift…" (I Timothy 4:14).
God has equipped each one of us with specific gifts and talents. It's up to you to not only to identify those gifts, but to be disciplined to develop those gifts. You have to learn to stay in your strength zone. What are you naturally good at? What do you enjoy doing? Take the time to identify your strengths and weaknesses and as the scripture says, give yourself to your gifts.

In other words, don't spend all your time trying to improve your weaknesses. Don't waste valuable days pursuing things that are outside your main gifting. Focus on your strengths. There is something that you're good at naturally—something you can do that comes easy to you. Step out into your area of gifting. Are you good with people? Are you good with your hands? Do you have a great voice? Find ways to develop those gifts. Know that your gifts and talents are a part of your divine destiny. If you'll be comfortable with who God made you to be, and thank Him for your unique gifting, you'll not only enjoy your life more, but you'll be ready to receive the abundant blessing God has in store for you!

Mar. 3 Weird: Today I was thinking about what that teen girl said on Maury: "I'm going to have a baby, and all of you are going to pay for it!" I realized that this girl is somewhat a little bit smarter than the teen girls on Tyra. This girl actually knows that she will be living on welfare. The girls on Tyra, they don't really know about how much a baby costs to raise. Well, neither do I, but I don't really want a kid anyway.

Tyra: How much do you think a baby will cost to raise for one year?
Girl: I don't know.
T: Make a guess.
G: $7000.
T: Times that by four.

In other news, I read that The Source by Circuit City has been bought by Bell Canada. Last year Circuit City closed down. I was reading the Metro, and I read this topic in another paper before. It was about how online dating sites have been increased in usage because it's cheap. During a recession, we focus on relationships because that's what really matters.

Writing: Yesterday I wrote 4 lines in my script. I then rearranged the script so everything is 10 pages in all the documents. Little progress. Well today I went to the library and noticed this poster that said: "Conni Massing: Writer in Residence." Now I know how she looks like.

Jimmy Fallon: I checked out Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last night. It was his first episode, and Justin Timberlake came on.

JT: John Mayer's voice is like Macy Gray and Smokey Robinson if they had a kid together.
The Roots, the band for the show starts playing a JM's song "Daughters."
JT: Uh, can you play the chorus?
JT starts singing it in his impression of JM's voice. I burst out laughing. It was uncanny.

Mar. 4: I'm getting another flashback of 2002. It was when John Mayer first came out and I was in love with him. I remember going on the internet and hearing JM say: "Hi, I'm John and this is 'Dirty Pop' by Nysnc." The audience burst out laughing. Then he starts singing it on his acoustic guitar. He didn't sound really good, and he mumbled through some lyrics. As he is singing, one group of the audience burst out laughing. Then it's quiet. Then another part of the audience starts laughing.

I will say I have heard him sing Ashanti's "Always on Time" chorus on his acoustic guitar, and nobody laughed. Everybody joined in on the song and sang with it. It's one thing to hear a black woman sing it over synthesized drums and keyboards. Then to hear it a white man sing it on a acoustic guitar sounds really good too.

No comments: