Wednesday, March 25, 2009

charity/ economy/ joke

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2009

charity/ economy/ joke

Mar. 21 Charity: I haven't wrote about charity in a long time. I was looking at my blog, and it seems the last time I wrote about it was in Oct. 2008. Today at work, these two teenage boys and a girl enter.

Girl: Can you give us some pop bottles?
Me: What is this for- school?
Guy: No, it's for the Mustard Seed.
Me: Oh that charity (to help homeless people).
I took the plastic bag from them and filled it up.

New word: On Wed. I was watching Criminal Minds and learned the new word hebophile. It means someone who is sexually attracted to teenagers. A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to kids. I found this page that has some interesting info about it.
Shaw Communications

Mar. 22 Creative: It's hard to be creative in writing. I don't write stuff about teenagers. When I was a teen, I wrote about teens and they deal with the supernatural, teens that deal with action. If it's only about teens, then it's going to be the same thing all the time. They have to deal with issues like teen pregnancy, drugs, alcohol, etc. Always an after- school special. These days, teens also have to live a rich lifestyle like on 90210Gossip Girl, and Privileged.

Mar. 23 Job: I was talking with my co- worker Lorriane today, and she also noticed that there is a slow down in the restaurant. I've been reading the newspaper about how we all want work/ life balance. Well I work 46.5 hrs a week. That's full- time. My life outside of work is really watching TV. Sure, there is some job search, internet, and writing.

Economy: I read in The Globe and Mail that ipod sales are decreasing, and cheap candy and Shoppers Drug Mart sales are increasing. Cheap makeup like Clinique is doing well, while expensive makeup like Estee Lauder is doing poorly. I read in 24 (and I've seen on Yahoo News a few months ago) that more women are going into the sex industry, working at strip clubs, appearing in adult movies, etc. to make money in this bad economy.

Blog: I was reading in the Metro and the writer Anne Hines says: "Apparently, blogging is a chance to share all those ordinary everday thoughts and experiences that no one will sit and listen to us talk about, but are happy to spend hours reading online." Well it's like a journal, you write about boring stuff right?

Insight: So I was watching Gossip Girl, and Blair won't be able to get into a first tier college.
Me: I'm sure she could go into any college and still make the same amount of money.
(I read that in the news before. Suze Orman said she went to community college and she makes way more money than people who went to those really expensive universities.)
Sister: Blair wants the prestige (of a first tier college).

I might have some inspiration for my writing. I remember the Tru Calling pilot. Tru was supposed to get an internship at the hospital, because she wants to be a doctor. However, the internship doesn't work out and it leads her to working at the morgue. That is how it leads her to having dead people asking her for help, it rewinds the day, and Tru saves their lives.

Well it did make me think of how I don't always get my way. I didn't get to go to Victoria Performing Arts high school, because my parents wouldn't let me. I didn't get into either the Radio or TV program at Nait.

Blue/ white collar: I looked up what "blue- collar jobs" are and it means the trades like welding and constructions. "White- collar jobs" are office jobs. That's what I want- a white- collar job.

Castle: Today I was watching Castle and he has to find out which one of these group of teens committed murder. What a coincidence. Last night I just saw an ep of The Mentalist and they have to solve the same mystery. However, it was different. In Castle, one teen committed murder because he didn't like one of their friends. In Mentalist, all the teens are responsible for a murder of one of their friends because that friend wanted to tell the cops about an accidental murder.

This made me think some more. Hey, isn't this all stem from I Know What You Did Last Summer? It's about a group of teenagers who have to cover an accidental murder when they run over someone. The stakes are always the same. If you tell the cops, you all go to jail and don't go to college. I will say what I listed above were all well- written. It may be the same mystery, but you don't know who did it.

It also reminds me of that 2001 TV movie called What Happened That Night. It was with four college guys who picked up a girl at a bar. She accidentally shoots herself, and all the guys have to cover it up so they won't go to jail.

Mar. 24 Printer: I went to the Office Supply store to pick up this toner for the printer. My dad ordered it. I talked to Lorraine there and asked for it.

L: We don't have it yet.
Me: Do you want me to come back tomorrow?
L: It'll come when it comes. Don't you remember working here?
Me: Well I only worked here for a month back in 2006.
(I worked there because the Call Centre #1 laid me off and I was biding time until the other Call Centre #2 hired me.)
L: It'll come here by 2.
Then at 3pm I went there when my work was slow to pick it up.

I'm so happy. I finally got the toner so I could print out my script and pitch it. Also my siblings are happy so now they can print their notes instead of printing it at school.

Funny: I was trying to put the toner in, and Patrick was like: "You pull out the tabs and push it in." I couldn't pull out the old one and get the new one in. Then P pulls out the old one and he told me to move this blue thing on the new one.

P: Do you have ink on your fingers?
I looked.
Me: Yeah. Oh, no wonder you told me to do that! You didn't want ink on your fingers!
P: Wash it with cold water.
P has this like obsessive- compulsive disorder with washing his hands. He will probably be washing his hands for a long time if he touched the ink. lol.

Celeb news: It looks like there are money problems for celebs. I read that The Hills reality TV star Lauren Conrad has pulled her fashion line because of lack of sales. It's mainly due to the economy and her life. I'm reading that Lindsay Lohan realizes that she needs to make money. I went on imdb.com, and read that the only work she's done in 2008, was 4 eps of Ugly Betty. It says she's finished a movie, and she is working on another one.

Mar. 25 Joke: I was thinking about that time back in Eng. 13 in gr. 10. It was in 2001. In gr.11, I then did Eng. 20 and Eng. 23, so I could get into Eng. 30 in gr. 12. My friend Heather's boyfriend Daniel, my friend Kyla, my old classmate Chris Krieger, the jock Dane, and I were sitting and talking.

Kyla: One time I went to a party, and I got really drunk.
Daniel: So who did you wake up with?
Chris, Dane, and I burst out laughing. I tried not to laugh because Kyla was my friend, but sex jokes are my weakness.
Surprisely Kyla wasn't offended.
Kyla: No, I just drank 3 coolers really fast.

I then told my friend Leslie that, and she laughed. I remembered telling Tamara that, she didn't laugh. One time in math class I told Mitchell Clarke that.

Me: The joke is (laugh) never mind.
Mitch: Oh, you can tell me.
Me: So who did wake up with?
Mitch (confused): Me, myself, and I?
lol. I then explained it to him.


No comments: