Friday, March 13, 2009

coincidence/ castle/ money

Mar. 8 Coincidence: Yesterday I drank coffee from work, and it tasted bad. I thought either the milk or the cream that was bad. It turns out the cream was bad. I went home and my sister was drinking my bottle of expired Diet Pepsi. She thought it was hers. She said it tasted funny, and Patrick told her to look at the expiry date. She then dumped the whole thing out.

Dance: Today was the season 3 finale of America's Best Dance Crew. Quest Crew won! It was great. Hok and Jesus from So You Think You Can Dance season 3 were in the crew. I loved that. It proves that though they didn't win in SYTCD, they can go another dance show, and win. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to win. I'm so happy for them.

Writing: Today at work it was slow as usual for a Sunday. I then did a lot of writing for another script. Well it seems kind of easy to write at work then at home. At home I have the TV, radio, and the internet to distract me. While at work, when nothing is happening, I write in my agenda because there are no distractions.

I created a character named Garret a couple of years ago. It's based on the guy who said: "So the other day I bought a box of condoms, because my last one was expired." The story was to be about how he becomes a professional stand up comedian. There was 8 pages of script, and 3 pages of ideas.

Today I wrote about how he becomes a fighter. Yeah, I know I already wrote a fighting movie called The Fighter. Fighter is an action, crime, drama movie. There is a little comedy thrown in. However, Shawn is very different from Garret. Look it's in early development.

Mar. 9: I remember reading this years ago on www.jumptheshark.com about TV shows. There are people saying that the show The Bachelor is racist. They never have a bachelor who is African- American or Asian. I always thought because it would alienate viewers or may not get as many viewers if the bachelor wasn't Caucasian.

Then I thought: "If we have Barack Obama as our first black President, then I'm sure we can have a black Bachelor." I'm just saying.

Castle: I just saw the last half of the pilot Castle. It stars Edmonton actor Nathan Fillion. You may have seen him on the Joss Whedon show Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Desperate Housewives. NF plays a crime novelist and he helps the police solve a crime. It's a comedy, crime procedural. I recommend you watch it.

NF's character is funny and quirky. It reminds me of The Mentalist. Simon Baker's character Patrick Jane is a funny and quirky character who helps the California Bureau Investigations solve crimes.

Fun: Today I bumped into my friend Sherry again at the library after work. I was there to return a cd. She says she's going to watch Watchmen.

Mar. 10 Job: Today and yesterday was kind of slow. Well maybe it's the weather because it's -20. Or it could be the economy.

Money: I checked out some of the TV show Smart Cookies. They have a weekly article in the Metro discussing how to save money. I always read their articles. The show was alright. It's on the W Network on Mondays.

Last week on my day off I saw Suze Orman of the Oprah show. Coincidentally, the last time I tuned into Oprah was back in August and Suze Orman also came on. They did discuss about how this teen girl wants to go to college, and the dad says he will pay for any college. The colleges she's looking at are $40 000 a year, and she doesn't even know what she wants to be.

SO then goes through the finances, and the mom, and two daughters voted that they shouldn't go to the really expensive colleges because they'll be working forever to pay off the debt. My advice is to work for a year or so before going into college. Also go to a community college or something way less than $40 000 a year.

Analyze: I was thinking about how we pay for other people's mistakes. My year at Nait didn't work out, and my parents paid for my mistake. That cost $3000- something for tuition. It was worth it. I learned how to use computer programs, met new people, and I have something to put on my resume.

Then I'm going to bring this up again: That girl on Maury who said: "I'm going to have a baby and all of you guys are going to pay for it!" Our taxes pay for public schools, but we are also paying for other people's mistakes like teenage girls who get pregnant, and our tax money pay for her while she lives on welfare.

Mar. 11 Dilbert: I found this Dilbert comic that was printed yesterday.

Panel 1: Dilbert is lying on the couch at a psychiatrist's office.
Dilbert: I've fallen in love with my phone.

Panel 2:
D: It entertains me. It knows where I am. It responds to my touch. It never judges me.

Panel 3:
Psychiatrist: So, it's like a woman to you.
D: Way better. Are you even listening?
lol. Those traits do describe a partner.

News: I subscribe to three newspapers, and I am able to get the full story. Did you know that CBC is cancelling the show Fashion File after Mar. 31? The talk show Steven and Chris will be on hiatus next season, because CBC can't afford it. 36 people will lose their jobs. Well 6 permanent positions, and 28 contract positions.

This reminds me of back in 2007 with the writer's strike. I read that Last Call with Carson Daly could either stop making episodes, and they they would have to lay off 100 people. They decided to produce episodes so they wouldn't lay off anyone. 36 people work for 2 shows? Well American shows often do have more money.

Mar. 12 Dollhouse: Last Friday night, my family and I went out for dinner, and I missed Dollhouse. I could have watched it at 10pm, but I let Patrick watch his show. I can compromise because I then got to see the episode I missed at another day, another time, and another channel.

This ep was called "Gray Hour." Echo (Eliza Dushku) is with two guys, and she seems to be a prostitute. Then later at the hotel, she is running away from them the two guys. She's beaten up. She runs to the security guard and he offers her $10 000 and a contract to sign that she will not sue the hotel, or the guests. E doesn't sign it. E beats up the security guard. She, and the two guys, and another guy she was with breaks into the safe.

Guy 1 steals the art, and runs with it, locking E, and the two other guys in there. Later E is on the phone and there is this static noise. E's memory is then wiped, and she doesn't know how to rob or get out of the safe without getting caught. Guy 2 is getting guns, and trying to break out. Guy 3 is stabbed by Guy 1, and is bleeding.

E then is talking to Guy 3. Guy 3 tells her to put her hands in the air when they are caught. Later the security guards come. Guy 2 is telling E to shoot at the guards, or he shoots her. E then takes this needle that Guy 3 was going to use to kill himself. E injects the needle in Guy 2.

Guy 3 tells E to run because there is smoke everywhere, and she can get away. E ends up taking Guy 3 with her. That's good. Though Guy 3 is a robber, he is still a good guy in being nice to E, and telling her to surrender and not hurt the guards. It was a good ep.

Mar. 13 Hair: Today I finally got blonde highlights in my hair. I've always wanted color in my hair before, and now I have. It costs $45, but I have a 50% off discount on it at the Evaline Charles Academy, so it was $28.

Another thing is that I finally talked to Conni Massing. She read the first 25 pages and made comments. She said she was going to read some more when she found that she had time, but she already deleted the email with my attachment. She gave me some helpful comments and I can write some more.

Conni: I like that Shawn has a dull- as- dishwater job.
Me: A telemarketer.
C: Yes, because it's realistic. There are young people who have jobs like at McDonald's and they get paid $8/hr. They could get another job that is illegal and pays way better.

No comments: