Tuesday, August 19, 2008

review/ book/ fun

Aug. 17 Review: Another Saturday night at home, which means another episode of A Haunting. Once again, it's about a family who moves into a haunted house. This time it's a single mom with her three-year-old son who moves in. Her sister lives close by. There are two ghosts. One in the basement and one in the attic. They call a paranormal researcher and later bless the house which often happens whenever someone moves into a haunted house.

The twist in this episode, is that the family who lived there before, moved out to another house in the same neighborhood. It turns out the dad had died of a drug overdose and is haunting the basement. The daughter goes over there and talks to the spirit and the dad leaves. However, the ghost in the attic is still there. Once again, the single mom and her son moves out at the end of the episode. I recognized that the basement in this episode, it was the same basement in the episode where the dad moves into a house with his three kids.

It's not a bad show, but it is repetitive. The show can't help that it's repetitive. The producers are looking for people who experienced the paranormal, and if they find people who experience it when they move into a haunted house, that's what they are going to report on.

Unlike the TV show Smallville, the writers can probably think of something else, but the show is really repetitive. I only watched the first season for my favorite actor Eric Johnson. Every episode is a freak- of- the- week (someone exposed to meteor rocks and develops powers), fawning over Lana, and a car accident.

Postsecret: I found a interesting secret: "I pose as a 14yr old gay boy on myspace.com to report pedophiles who friend me." When I read that, I immediately thought: "Good. You're doing what the Perverted Justice team does for Dateline: To Catch a Predator." This person sounds like a vigilante.

Dream: Last night I had this dream that the TV producer produced my script, but he casted all the wrong people in it. The lead actor was over 25, and not how I imagined he would look like at all. I wanted someone in his late- teens or early twenties. I told the producer that I didn't sign away all my rights and that I should have some say in who gets cast. I learned to not sign away all my rights in Legal Issues for Writers. Then I told the producer that I will ask my sister for help because she's in law school. lol.

Neil Haskell: He is a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance season 3. He got 3rd place. He's so cute. He looks like the actor Eric Johnson, but prettier. Here's a pic of him:
http://mickeyworld.net/dance/s3/neil10.jpg

I was thinking about him today because I saw a bit of American Mall, and I thought I saw him. He was in it. I looked it up on the internet and found his myspace page too.

On Facebook, I asked my MacEwan friends what they are doing with their diplomas. One girl emailed back saying:

"Hey Tracy, I am going back for the applied degree. But, I have landed a job for the summer as an ERP Technician for H2Safety. ERP Stands for Emergency Response Plan-- A requirement of any oil or gas operation.For the ERP's I have updated phone lists, done some proofreading and copyediting, created forms, charts, and graphics (symbols to point readers to specific sections such as forms, web links, and specific thinks to take note of.) Although H2 Safety works for clients like Husky Oil and Encana, i am not rolling in the dough. However, it's been a good experience all round and I have learned loads about oil and gas and the opportunities there."

Book: I checked out this book from the library called Summer Intern by Carrie Karayov and Jill Kargman. It took me the whole day to read all 184 pages of this book. It's good. It's a young adult novel, chick lit. It's about a girl named Kira and she gets an internship at a fashion magazine. You can learn something from this book. It's to work hard and ask around if anyone needs your help and you will get great references. I was also reading the extras at the end of the book. The authors talked about their days of interning at fashion magazines and tips.

Here's another coincidence: I was watching The Smart Woman's Survival Guide today, and on the show was the author Camilla Gibb and she talked about her book called Sweetness in the Belly. Last year, the first year Professional Writing class read that and there was a writing contest on it too. I didn't enter. I entered in last year's writing contest for the Margaret Atwood book Oryx and Crake. I was busy with school and that's why I didn't enter the contest.

I know I sound defensive and I might as well throw in something else too: I watched an episode of Oprah last week. It was about money interventions. That's what you get for having four days off from work, you are bound to watch some daytime TV.

Summer Intern is not a total must- read book, but I did enjoy reading it. It's one of the few YA books that isn't about rich people. I also achieved my goal of reading one book a week. In this case, I read it one day. The only other book I read this summer was Pledged. Though I did read some of The Overachievers.

Aug. 18 Job: The big company called and he said that I will start my job next Monday. It took me all summer to get an office job. It took me a few days to get the job at the clothing store. It took me one day to get the job at the Soup place. I guess the lesson is that it's easier to get a job in retail and restaurants, than an office job.

Aug. 19: Today the Soup place called me and said they needed help. The new girl they hired quit to get a better paying job. One girl was on vacation, and 2 other people had quit like I did. Last week I did call and said if they needed me, they could call me. I then worked from 10:30am- 6pm. It's good to make some money. Last week I had 4 days off in a row and worked Saturday. I had the past 2 days off in a row. I'll be working at the Soup place for the rest of the week.

News: I emailed the TV producer and asked if he read my script and this is what he said:

Hi Tracy

I read the your script this past weekend, and there are some good elements but I don't think it is a good fit for us at this time.

Please keep us in mind for future projects but check out our website to see what kind of projects we engage in.

Best of luck with your project

Looks like I got (fake cough in hand) rejected. Well at least I tried.

Fun: Well today started off with a good note. Here's a coincidence: Last night I was thinking about my old manager Sherri at Grand and Toy. I requested her to be my friend on Facebook, but she never confirmed it. I guess she forgot who I was since I only worked there for 3 weeks a couple of years ago.

I also thought about how this celebrity Evan Dollard. He is also known as Rocket on the TV show American Gladiators. I emailed him last week on Facebook asking him to be my friend and I wrote a message (paraphrased):

I love you on American Gladiators. You were trying to pull the police officer (competitor) down and you got ahead of him. You said: "Oh what? Are you going to pull me over for speeding?" lol.

Today he confirmed my friend request and wrote back:

ha.. thanks, tracy.. appreciate it ;) hope all is well.. take care :)

evan

Great, now I can add Evan Dollard to my list of emails I got from celebrities: Kyle Riabko, George Nozuka, Matthew Gray Gubler, Ashley from the girl group PYT, Sarai Howard.

5 comments:

paulKimson said...

That kind of article is interesting to read. and it enhanced the reading abilities to students. We have online samples that help you in making annotated bibliography of famous personalities. so, click here and see a miracle.

yashlittle said...

The Review is the critical summary of book or any kind of written text. When we read the review about something then we come to the conclusion about the book and written text. I'm working on http://www.mbapersonalstatement.org/about-our-mba-personal-statement-writing-services/. Here is the link we are having.

tohan gib said...

I love the idea behind this book. the topic is awesome and i can learn a lot of thingd through it. Liking readinf writing is also taking place in blogging so for writing https://www.statementofpurposeformba.com/how-we-write-sop-for-mba-admission/ is best platfrom.

haris said...

After reading this review i just want to read the book. This is simply awesome reading such stuff that is fun based and sometimmies scary too. Well you must show interest in such reading blogs https://www.capstonepaper.net/how-to-write-a-capstone-paper/ with zeal.

Unknown said...

REviews are simply awesome and people are loving to read this post. I am so wonder how authors can beautifully describe such topic.