Wednesday, August 13, 2008

news/ review/ movie

Aug. 10 News: The actor and comedian Bernie Mac has died at age 50 due to pneumonia. That's too bad; he was funny and talented.

Review: For the past few weeks, I have gotten into the TV show called A Haunting. It's about people experiencing the paranormal. They talk about it, and there are reenactments. My nitpick is that the last four episodes I saw are mainly families moving into a new house and learning that the place is haunted. It usually has these weird and scary occurances. They then call a priest in to do a blessing of the house and/or psychics and ghostbusters to go in there to rid the house of evil spirits. Ultimately the family ends up moving out of the house.

The first episode I saw was about a woman who found a picture of her boyfriend's brother who died in the Gulf war. She takes the picture and makes it larger and frames it to give to her boyfriend. The bf was not happy about it because the brother had gotten into a fight with the family before leaving to join the army. Later the brother's ghost was following the woman around.

She then goes to a psychic and the brother's ghost was a good guy, and he followed her because he liked her. However, there was another ghost that latched onto him because the second ghost was an enemy of the woman's in a past life. The psychic tells the brother's ghost to go to the light, then the second ghost wouldn't haunt the woman through the first ghost. Everything went well after that.

Though last night's episode was a little different. This man moves his 3 kids, Eliza, Elliot, and Eli to this house. In the first half of the ep, the family leaves. Then this other couple move in with their daughter Ashley. The husband was black, and the wife was white. The wife and daughter experience weird things, and the husband doesn't believe it at first until he sees a ghost. The man from the first family comes back to the home and warns the family about it.

They call a priest and he does a blessing. They call the psychic and she comes and searches the house. The wife is severely depressed, and the family moves out. The narrator then says another family with six kids move in. That family leaves within six months.

Postsecret: Someone sent this secret in: "I'm planning a small car accident. Enough to hurt me, but not enough to kill me. I want to see if you care enough to come to the hospital." Someone then emailed this: " My ex did this. I didn't go to the hospital. All it did was assure me that he was not the kind of person I could trust with my safety because he was willing to be that cavalier with his own."

Fun: Today I watching Stunt Stars. It's a good and fun show to watch about stunt doubles. They covered two women stunt doubles and what it's like working in the business. They are women, so they have more to prove. It was kind of inspiring to watch them. I write a lot of action scenes in my scripts, so this kind of gives me a feel of it.

Aug. 11: I am officially 23yrs old. Angela wished me a happy bday on Facebook, and so did the Facebook team. I still have to go to work today.

Job: Tomorrow the big company will call me. I realized that for me to get excited working there is that I must convince myself to hate the Soup place. Look forward to no longer having to clean washrooms, wash dishes, and take out the garbage at the big company.

Coincidence: I was watching the Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog and there is a scene where Dr. Horrible is talking to the girl about jobs.

Girl: I've been fired from a few jobs.
Me: Me too. The Clothing Store #2, and Café #1.

Girl: It's important to get your foot in the door.
Me: That's what my parents said when I got the job at the big company.

Aug. 12 Writing: Yesterday I typed up a scene that I wrote about Corrine working for a corrupt company. That's a little progress.

Music: I'm listening to Kreesha Turner's new cd called "Passion." She's the 91.7 The Bounce singing contest winner. She has songs like "Don't call me baby" and "Bounce with me." I'm listening to it on itunes and she sounds good. Check her out.

Good: The big company called and I went there at 4:30pm to fill out some papers. This other girl A also got hired. I see a poster that asks: "Are you dressed for success?" Another poster advertising casual Mondays. I picked up my direct deposit form, and since it turns out I had to pay $2.60 for my transaction fees, because I was only to transact money 10 times a month. I signed up for something where I can get 25 transactions a month, and I don't have to pay anything. I also got my $2.60 back.

Another thing is that my dad put Microsoft Word on the old computer. He had it reformatted and didn't put it in. Now it's in so I can work on my scripts.

Aug. 13: The big company also changed my position of dealing with mortgages to dealing with computers and data entry. That new position is works more for me. I called the Soup place and asked if they needed me since I don't start work until next week or the week after. He said no and to see me on Sat.

I think about what my friend Leslie said in an email to me: "Your resume looks like a Saturday at the mall :P." I know she meant it in a joking way. Now I can show you that with the big company it doesn't look like a Saturday at the mall. Though I should ask what the position at the big company is exactly called.

Another thing is that the City Centre "Where it's Art" called me today to set up an interview. I applied there a few months ago. There was a sign that said they were hiring, but the words "Full- time sales associates" and "Part- time sales associates" were crossed out and only leaves "Manager." I guess someone quit or got fired and they need sales associates. I asked how much they paid and she said: "Starting wage $8.50." I turned it down.

I still wanted to know how much it paid, so I can tell you guys if you are interested in looking for a job. I applied to that store multiple times. It's an average store that sells paintings and frames.

Today I studied Proofreading and Copyediting. The other day I bumped into my friend Daniel from Writing. He said he's in summer school taking Professional Prose. That was a really hard class for me. I felt kind of better because I'm not in summer school. It's harder because it goes by faster.

Movie: Last night I saw the movie Twists of Terror. It's three stories of horror. The first story, a couple gets a ride from a stranger on a highway because they were run off the road. The man is creepy. Then later he ties up the husband, the wife then gets away. It turns out the husband paid the man and this other guy to scare and later kill the wife. Then later it turns out the wife was the one who paid the man and woman to kill the husband. This movie is from 1996, and it looks really dated.

The second story is really scary for me. This man gets bitten by a dog and ends up in the hospital. He meets Dr. Roberts and this hot nurse. Later, he finds out the real Dr. Roberts is dead, and the guy who is pretending to be a dr. is mentally insane patient and so is the nurse. They then operate on him.

The third story isn't really scary. It shows how dated it is because this woman is looking for love and she watches videotapes of people talking about what they look for in a partner. These days it's the internet.

No comments: