Friday, August 15, 2008

music/ writing/ lesson

Aug. 14 Music: I went to www.myspace.com/ciara and Ciara has a new song called "Click." It's on the Sex and the City soundtrack. I like this song. It's very upbeat and makes me want to dance. You want to bounce to it.

Writing: Yesterday my dad was talking about what my MacEwan friends who graduated are doing. Well I know one is going to the business program at MacEwan. One is going to the University of Victoria to study philosophy. I don't know, maybe some are going to get the bachelor's degree and will be going to school this fall. I should really check on Facebook.

All morning I have been emailing and pitching my script to TV production companies. I had emailed some of them months ago, but I then email them again to see if they are looking for new material. Today I pitched my script to 12 companies.

I wrote the above hours ago. I have sent my pitch to 14 companies. One said they don't take unsolicited scripts, another said that they have signed onto 3 projects and will be busy for the next 4yrs. However, one company emailed back saying he will be busy for the next few days with meetings. He wants to read the script. I then sent it to him. Yay!

You put something out there, you're going to get something back. One company that I emailed months ago, I emailed again. They emailed saying they aren't looking for anything, but to come back again in a few months.

Movie: Today I borrowed the movie Transformers from the library. It was really good. Great action sequences, and it was funny. The only nitpick I have is that the last action scene was too long for me. I kept expecting it to end, but they continued fighting. I recommend you all watch it if you haven't already. The dvd didn't even have any extras like audio commentary or behind-the- scenes footage.

Job: Servus Credit Union called me today to set up that group interview for me to attend. I was to go to it last month, but instead I went to Calgary and got my learner's permit.

Magazines: I was thinking about that time I told you about how this magazine editor Christine Kelly was the last editor to be in the magazines Ellegirl, Sassy and the second to last editor YM, before all three of those magazines folded. My friend Sherri says: "Wow, her resume must look bad."

I disagree. For years, YM's only competitor was Seventeen. Then Cosmogirl and Ellegirl came. A lot of teens and tweens buy those magazines and fan magazines like J-14. They also buy women's magazines like Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire. There is also the internet to compete with them. I have the last year of YM's magazines (12 issues) that CK edited. It's not really bad. It's average, I give the writing a B. I blame the competition.

Seventeen
gets an A, and Cosmogirl gets a B. I do remember back in 2001, my sister bought this prom magazine and she let me read it. Prior to it, she says: "The pictures are great, but the writing is bad." She may have skewed my opinion, but I have to agree with her. The pics of the celebs were great, and fun to look at. I was cringing at the writing. It looks like the writers dashed it off. I will grade the writing a C-.

Aug. 15: The TV producer says he's going to read my script this weekend.

Tip: Yesterday I was watching The Smart Woman's Survival Guide, and one of the characters hire these movers. Later they stole all her stuff. The tip is to always check the mover's references before hiring them so they won't steal all your stuff. Or you can rent a U-Hual, and then get your friends and family to help you move.

Lesson: I must learn to stop beating myself up. In 2007, I made a goal to make more money than in 2006. I didn't achieve that goal because in 2006, I got to work for 8 months and in 2007, I got to work for 4 months. I even started my job search early and got a job in Apr., but still I didn't make that much money. I also kept job hopping last summer.

In other news, I also did way more writing today on a script. I also transferred documents onto other disks, renamed disks and documents. You know that saying: "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it." I wish that my colorful Memorex disks that I got in 2002, will crap out on me so I can recycle them. I have too many 3.5 floppy disks, but I can't throw them away because I can still use them.

Through all the years that I had these disks, I know a green and two orange Memorex disks stopped working. Two Polaroid disks stopped working too.

Dream: Here's a weird dream last night. There are these military guys in this house and there are some girls. Morpheus from The Matrix was in there, and he got possessed by this demon. His head was then sitting on the bed. I tell a military guy to come over to see it. Then there was something about Hooters delivering food, which means a strip show. I then backed out of the room that it was occuring as the military guys gathered.

What does this mean? I didn't watch any TV last night that had any of those elements in my dream.

Olympics: So Canada hasn't won any medals in Olympics yet. Well at least Canada won Miss Universe a couple years back.

Charity: I was talking to John and he said that his grandma had donated thousands of dollars to charities. She has stopped now because she's running out of money. She said that she gets a rush out of donating so much money. I find that stupid because she doesn't really have a lot of money. Yeah well, at least she's donating money to charities instead of spending money on things that she doesn't use.

5 comments:

RobertKY said...

Happy life is all we dream but only getting education and focus on carrer will get you bore. Music, holiday trips and learning different programs is also very nececssary for the happy life. I just look here and found amazing tips which is really good for all of us.

RobertKY said...

Music is a passionate feeling. Through music, we can share our emotions and feelings to the listener. Music is the best way to express your internal happiness and sorrow. here you'll get interesting things to learn.

bridgetaloos said...

We can learn our lesson with music. Infact, it is a great idea. With music, students will enjoy the lesson and will show their interest. Seriously you have best ideas here for students.

Unknown said...

Majority people liked the music and they listened music in leisure time. So, Learning lesson with music is the good idea for the students. Have a look here http://www.personalstatementwriter.org/good-personal-statement-examples-by-our-writers/ for more exciting service.

Anonymous said...

Great post, The NBA football game is so fascinating and takes after that I am playing this preoccupation truly and this quality makes this beguilement so stand-out accordingly uncommon. This you can find out more impacts this redirection with the immense effort and me to welcome them.