Friday, August 8, 2008

job/ movie/ charity

Aug. 2 Job: It's cool. My parents are finally happy and proud of me for getting a job at a big company. Look at the 14 jobs I had in the past 5 yrs since I started working. They have never been proud of me. 6 of those jobs were from last summer. I've been working at restaurants, retail, call centres, and a teacher's assistant at my mom's job.

Aug. 3: Last summer I could have gotten that Stats Canada job, but I didn't. That test had these Math 30 questions on it. It's a good thing I didn't, because the staffing agency Spherion helped set that up for me, and the money would have gone to them. It's also a good thing I didn't get the ATCO job, because Manpower set that up for me. I knew my parents really wanted me to work for those 2 companies.

Here's a complaint: I thought you guys would be congratulating me, but no one did. That's fine, I got my parent's approval.

Aug. 4 Movie: Last night I saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It was on tv and it was 3hrs long. It's really good and I'm not a fan of chick flicks. I enjoyed it very much. It will make you laugh, and it will make you cry. I didn't cry though. I recommend you watch it if you have the time. The sequel will be out in a couple of days.

Review: I am reading The Overachievers: The Secret Lives of Driven Kids by Alexandra Robbins who wrote Pledged. I don't really like this book. It's not bad or anything, but I realize I am a sensitive person. By reading this book, I am getting anxious. Most of the people she follows are in high school, and this is American. I feel like I can't relate to it.

This book is about the kids applying for college and the competition is fierce with taking the SATs and AP classes. My experience to applying to college is nothing like that. Yeah, I experienced stress in applying, but nothing like these kids. I think I'll just skip to the end of the end of the book.

I returned the book to the library. This book was like Pledged. At the end of it, she discussed solutions. I then went to downtown and tried on a bunch of perfumes at the Bay. I looked around some clothing stores and then went home. This weekend I was to pull out all the stops and hand out my revised resumes to the stores, but I got hired at TD. This weekend I mainly chilled out.

Today Angela emailed back congratulating me on the new job. She also told me to thank the interviewer. I totally didn't think of that. He said he wasn't going to be in the office for the next week and that he will call me later, so I thought there was no point in thanking him. I then emailed him thanking him.

Aug. 5: Today was my day off. I then studied my old Proofreading and Copyediting material from last yr. I'm supposed to take it again next yr so I might as well get a 5 month headstart. Well I needed to calm my nerves down so that's why I'm studying it.

Shopping: Today I went to Kingsway mall and they are still under construction, but it is looking more put together. Grand and Toy, and Roots closed down.

Aug. 7 Good: Joshua won the So You Think You Can Dance season 4. That is so good, I was cheering for him. Twitch was 2nd place. I was so happy. J was poor when he was growing up and now he won $250 000. Yay!

Aug. 8 Charity: I found this self-addressed envelope to the Parkinson's Society. They must have asked me for money and I didn't donate to them. I then had to write a note telling them not to send me anything anymore. The only other charity I have been doing is that Jennifer Lopez cd I borrowed from the library wasn't working. I then put toothpaste on it and rubbed it with a Q-tip and then the cd played fine. As usual I go to www.thehungersite.com and donate by clicking the button.

Funny: I also finally saw part 2 and 3 of Dr. Horrible Sing- along Blog. My sister downloaded it on itunes. I have now completed watching it. I recommend you watch it too, it's funny.

No comments: