Sunday, October 27, 2019

Should I attend Certified Coach Practitioner – Edmonton | Nov 2019?


Image result for happy halloween black cat images

Happy Halloween!

Oct. 11, 2019: I have an important question: Should I do this?  I can afford it.



Certified Coach Practitioner – Edmonton | Nov 2019


November 16 @ 9:00 am - November 17 @ 5:00 pm MST

$979

Life Coach & Executive Coach Certification in Edmonton, Alberta.

Our two-day intensive Life Coach & Executive Coach Certification in Edmonton provides leading edge coaching and business development skills to ensure your long-term success in this rewarding profession!

Successful completion of the Life Coach & Executive Coach Certification in Edmonton – the Certified Coach Practitioner™ Coursegives you the confidence, knowledge and skills both as a coach and as a business professional. Learn to work with others to accomplish their goals and turn their personal and professional aspirations into reality.

Our coaching concepts and structure are versatile and transferable in their design so that you can easily utilize both Life and Executive Coaching strategies in your practice. Therefore, a wider, flexible scope of skills and strategies means that you provide your clients with valuable coaching solutions.

Over 13,000 coaches have chosen the Certified Coaches Federation for their Certified Coach Training. As a result, our program is one of the most popular Coach Certification courses in the world!



Your Registration includes:

  • The two day live intensive Life Coach & Executive Coach Certification Program in Edmonton
  • Experience as a Coach and a Client (The first three sessions with your client)
  • CCF Certified Coach Training Workbook
  • Mastering the Language of Coaching
  • The Goals & Objectives Defined Tool Box
  • How people create limited beliefs – How to create new empowering beliefs
  • One-on-one Follow Up Coaching Session with the Edmonton Life Coach Certification Trainer, Abe Brown
  • Registration in our Certified Life Coach & Executive Coach Continuing Education Program



The Continuing Education includes:

  • Full audio review program (mp3)
  • Coaching Skills & Strategies Tutorials
  • Business-Building & Marketing Strategies for Coaches Tutorials
  • Live Monthly “Next Steps” Webinar series
  • “Next Steps” Webinar series Archives
  • Certified Coach Practitioner™ Course forms & handouts
  • Sample Coaching Agreements
  • Certified Coaches Federation logo, available in a variety of formats



In addition to our ongoing Continuing Education, we also offer more Coach Certification courses and professional programs.

Prices shown do not reflect applicable taxes. Applicable taxes will be added in the shopping cart.


Details


Start:
November 16 @ 9:00 am
End:
November 17 @ 5:00 pm
Cost:
$979
Event Category:

Organizer


Abe Brown
Phone:
866-455-2155
Email:
abe@certifiedcoachesfederation.com

Venue


Sawridge Inn South – Edmonton
4235 Gateway Blvd. N NW
Edmonton, AB Canada
+ Google Map
Website:
http://www.sawridgeedmonton.com/
I have written about this before:

https://badcb.blogspot.com/2018/08/certified-coaches-federation.html


https://badcb.blogspot.com/2018/08/certified-coach-practitioner-course.html

In Oct. 2019, there is a sponsored content part called "Learning Curve" in the Star Metro:

"A 2014 study showed that individuals  who completed a 12-week wellness coaching program demonstrated significant improvements in all areas- overall quality of life, reduction in depressive symptoms and reduction in perceived stress levels.  And 24 weeks later, these benefits were maintained."- Abe Brown, MBA, president of Certified Coaches Federation

Participants of this training will learn emotional intelligence, supportive communication skills, how to change beliefs and mindsets to support high performance and long-term success, strategic thinking, goal setting and the Change Process.

Oct. 22, 2019: This is from listening to all those self- development online series.

"If you want to get something different, then you have to do something different."

This is from Degrassi: The Next Generation.  The Principal Archie Simpson said this to Imogen about the dress code in 2011:

Simpson: If you want to affect change, you have to know what kind of change you want to affect.

The main goal I was focusing on for the last 2 yrs was to get a regular job and be permanent.

My other goal was decluttering.  2016 was the Year of Decluttering where I donated 200 magazines to Value Village.  This year I have been typing up a lot of TV and movie reviews and recycled a lot of scrap paper that I wrote on. 

I hired a life/ career coach: This year I hired a life/ career coach, which is something I have never done before.  It was a 6 month contract.  I have done some shopping around in 2017.  Then later on I did in 2018.

I worked on my resume and cover letter for my administrative assistant (and other professions like receptionist, dental receptionist, MOA) with J.

I then revised my regular job resumes like food counter attendant, server, etc.

I practiced my job interview skills.


Oct. 23, 2019 Kijiji: I look at this:


Office jobs:



Office manger & receptionist

Customer service

Healthcare

Hair stylist & salon

Regular jobs:

Bar, food & hospitality 
Sales & retail sales
Part time & students


Indeed: I have been on Indeed from 2017-2019.  I stopped because there are over 100 applications for 1 position.


Career counseling: In 2012 I went to a couple of career counseling sessions at MacEwan.  B told me that there is a lot of competition that people go to Kijiji and Indeed websites, so I should go to other websites and smaller companies.



Applications: I can apply to 100-200 places a month on the internet and in-person.


Job interviews: I can get up to 5 job interviews a month.

Phyliss Francis: I was listening to this interview today:


PHYLISS FRANCIS, MA CLC PCC is an inspiring Wealth & Business Coach, Mentor Coach, Retreat Facilitator, Trainer and Speaker. Phyliss is a graduate and trainer of two International Coach Federation (ICF)-accredited coach training programs, and is a Professional Certified Coach and registered ICF-mentor coach. She has been professionally coaching individual and groups since 1998. For the past 21 years, Phyliss has been leading and facilitating insightful seminars, workshops and motivational programs for entrepreneurs, corporate executives, mental health professionals, and community leaders. She has extensive experience and training in the areas of coaching, business development, personal growth, leadership, and spirituality.

 Phyliss believes that through professional coaching and training, you can shift their mindset, up-level your consciousness and align an inspired plan of action to create the success you have always desired. Phyliss’ coaching system supports people to Master Your Mind, Maximize Your Success! She holds a MA in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica and a BA in Sociology from the University of California, at Santa Barbara. For more information about Phyliss, please go to www.PhylissFrancis.com.

https://lifeishappeningforyou.com/phyliss-francis-wingfall/

My week:

Sat. Oct. 19, 2019 Social event: I finally went to one.  I had signed up for these events and they kept cancelling on the day of because there weren't enough people.  I met 7 new people.

Sun. Oct. 20, 2019 Work: I worked at my 1st restaurant job.  I started 15 min. early because my boss Y needed help.  The server K said he was going to be here, but he never showed up.  At least the busser D came in when he was called in.  It was actually D who read some of my script that I sent him last week.  He only read 3 pages.

It was really busy.   

Tues. Oct. 22, 2019 Edmonton Declutter and Organize Meetup: I went to this.  There were 3 of us.  It was an average meeting.  It's to help motivate me to organize.  My room is good, but I need to clean my home office.

I brought up the article about how we should have a green Halloween and consumerism in Christmas.

It motivated me to get rid of something, and I also wrote a movie review, so I can recycle the scrap paper I wrote on.


Oct. 14, 2019 Panera Bread employee fired after posting video 'exposing' how mac 'n' cheese is prepared:

A woman who posted a viral video "exposing" how Panera Bread prepares its mac 'n' cheese says she's now been fired from the company.
The clip, which was originally posted on the video-sharing app TikTok and has been viewed more than 10 million times on Twitter, shows an employee whipping up an order of the restaurant's famous creamy dish
In it, the employee can be seen dropping a plastic packet of frozen mac 'n' cheese into hot water, then cutting the bag open and pouring the food into a bowl. The original video, captioned "exposing Panera," gained both outrage and skepticism from social media users.
"I'm cool with it being prepared this way but then CHARGING ALMOST $7 FOR A SMALL BOWL?!?!?!? OK THEN," one Twitter user commented.
"Y'all thought a chef was back there making pasta from scratch and hand grating cheese???" another user said.
The comments:
9 days ago
90%+ of chain food is shipped frozen, then heated up for your enjoyment. Some chains actually ship their food "fresh", but it's very few and easy to look up which.

9 days ago
Look, when you go to a restaurant and order your favorite, you want it to taste like your favorite, right? Well, that requires mass production so Chef Whoziwhatsit doesn't get to decide how much salt your mac gets. It is made en mass and packaged and distributed so when you taste it it tastes exactly like what you had the last time.

9 days ago
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that a national chain restaurant ships frozen food which is then prepared locally. This is what makes for product consistency.

9 days ago
Most food chains have a no-phones policy for employees, designed to prevent revealing trade secrets. Using the phone alone would be grounds for firing. Most food chains use some sort of short cut, such as preparing dishes like mac n cheese at a central kitchen and shipping it to individual stores.


My opinion: You're not supposed to tell anyone about how your workplace really runs.   Or if you do, don't put it on the internet with your name on it.  Put it anonymously.

The Simpsons: Do you remember when Grandpa Simpson works at Krusty Burger?

Worker: We're out of the secret sauce.  Let's put out the mayonnaise in the sun for awhile.

Wed. Oct. 23, 2019 Tony Roma's: I was at Bonnie Doon mall and the Tony Roma's there closed down.  I applied there in 2017 and 2018.  I never got a call back.


Forever 21: I passed my resume to the West Edmonton mall location this year.  Now it's closing down.  I never got a call back.

Jared Leto donates $5000:

Jared Leto is lending a hand to a family struggling with medical bills as part of the #GoodThingChallenge.

The actor was challenged by pal Zedd “to do something good, no matter how big or small” and announced on Twitter that he would be donating to two different families.

One of the donations went to a family in Sandy, Utah whose kids were involved in a car accident. Leto donated $5,000 to the family.

“Griffin (3) and Watson (18 months) were in a stroller when a car hit them. Watson suffered a broken neck, broken pelvis, and lacerated liver. Griffin suffered a full break skull fracture, broken clavicle, and abrasions,” Leto wrote, also linking to their GoFundMe page.

“I encourage everyone to do the #goodthingchallenge. Remember the smallest gesture can make a big impact…even if it’s just a hello and a smile,” Leto followed up in a tweet.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/jared-leto-donates-5-000-195944503.html

New York Times: Travel: The customer Gregory gave me a Oct. 6, 2019 section.  It was about Cuba and the music, Japan's 2020 Olympics and Estonia which is filled with women living there, because the men are working at sea.

Sat. Oct. 26, 2019 Get into the Halloween spirit: I saw some Halloween specials:

Modern Family season 2 ep "Halloween": I only saw a few eps of this show.

Good Witch: Secrets of Grey House: I saw the last 3 eps of season 5 in Sept. 2019, because there weren't a lot of TV shows to watch during the summer.  I watched this TV movie (also called The Enchantress Unites Part 1 and 2).


Chapters: I went to the one on Whyte Ave.  It turns out it was closing down tomorrow.  I bumped into John from the Screenwriter's Facebook group.  I don't go shopping very much, but I do like this store.  I wanted to see if there is anything I really wanted.  I didn't buy anything.

Avenue Clothing store closing down: This will close by down by Nov.  They sell women's clothes and jewellery.