Tuesday, June 7, 2016

apology/ amends and redemption

This is an apology/ amends and redemption email.  This is specifically to one person, but to all:


Jan. 14, 2016:

To ________:

Also I have been thinking about that time I accidentally offended you. I'm really sorry about that.

I have become more sensitive to other people because of that experience.

I was also calling on my friends too much. I do go to Filmmakers and Screenwriters Meet Ups.

I hope you have a good evening.

Tracy

May, 21, 2016 Journal entry: I see that it's a good thing that my friend ____ like "broke up" with me.  I really like having deep and meaningful conversations with her.  However, I was relying too much on her.  I call every 2 weeks to discuss my weekly emails. When she ended it with me, it really pushed me to spread my social circle like go to Filmmakers and Screenwriters meetups, church, and other friends. This happened in 2013.

Also in 2013, was The Year of the Office Job.  It was a perfect storm of change.  There was distance between me and ______.  There was also more work because of my 2 jobs.  The Office Job proved that I can work at an office for 5 months.

I also got a lot of speed dating in 2015.  I got into Screenwriters Meetup in 2013 by reading the scripts.  In 2014, I attended meetings.  In 2015, I went to Filmmakers Meetups.

There is an unintended result of ______ ending it with me, I then expanded my social circle.  So that's good.

I went to my friend Dan L's friend Colette's house to have deep and meaningful conversations for the meetings.

By ______ pushing me away, it made me grow.  It made me become unstuck.  It's not like she was holding me back, but I needed to be out there socializing with more people and not just work friends.

Initially when she told me that I offended her, I was going to be more sensitive and thoughtful of what I say.  I grew more personally and socially.



Jun. 1, 2016:

Hi ________

I haven't heard from you in awhile. 

I want to say something: It's been about 3 and a half years since you "broke up" with me.

I have since sent 2 apology emails.  I have also adjusted my weekly emails/ blog posts topics that aren't annoying or offensive.  (I hope.)

This may sound kind of weird.  I want to say thank you for pushing me away.  I was relying on you too much by calling you every 2 weeks or a month.

By you pushing me away, I was able to get out there more by going to meetups and speed dating events.  You made me become more social and out there more often.

My intentions:

It is to thank you for pushing me out there.

Also I hope to reconnect with you.  May I call you?

Tracy

No comments: