Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Women's Rights need your vote!



30 Years since federal leaders held a debate on Women's Rights 

Dear Tracy,

When I wake up the morning after this year’s federal election I want to know that the government elected is going to act on the issues that affect me and other women and girls in Canada.

I want to know that our political leaders are going to concretely address the staggeringly high rates of violence against Indigenous women. I want to know that they are going to make sure that women don’t earn 20% less than men for the same work. And I want them guaranteed that childcare will be available to make sure that parents who want to work can.

Together we can make this dream a reality! Join us and call on all political party leaders to commit to participating in a federally broadcast debate on the issues affecting women and girls.

Let’s put the issues affecting women and girls—and therefore families and communities across Canada--#UpForDebate this year!


Sincerely,
 
Sharmala Setaram.jpg

Sharmala Setaram,
President, Amnesty International Canada

No comments: