Saturday, February 21, 2015

James Robertson / Jamie Lynn Spears restaurant fight



Feb. 18 James Robertson: On Yahoo, I found this story of a man who walks 20 miles a day to work because his car broke down years ago.  When I first saw the video, I was grateful for the Edmonton Transit System. 


Then through a crowd-funding campaign, he got a car.  Here’s an excerpt on Yahoo: 

The Detroit man whose determination to walk more than 20 miles a day to get to and from work inspired an online campaign that raised more than $350,000 for him abruptly moved on Tuesday after telling police that he did not feel safe with his newfound fortune.

According to the Detroit Free Press — whose profile of 56-year-old James Robertson led to the outpouring of donations and gifts, including a new car — the factory worker was moved to a temporary home after consulting with local law enforcement officials.

"We had a meeting with him [and] he expressed interest that he did not feel safe," Detroit Police Capt. Aric Tosqui told the newspaper. "People were actually asking him for money."

More than $350,000 was pledged for Robertson through a crowdfunding campaign launched by Evan Leedy, a 19-year-old college student who read the story and wanted to help a stranger in need. According to the paper, Robertson has yet to see any of the money raised and is expected to meet with financial advisers this week to discuss how the donations will be managed.


Boy jumps from burning building: Here’s a crazy video I found on Yahoo:

“As a four-alarm fire tore through a three-story building in San Francisco, Alessandro Gonzales was forced to make a dramatic exit.”


Man buys “rare” watch and sells it for $35, 000: I found this on Yahoo:

Earlier this month, Zachary Norris was scouring a Phoenix Goodwill for a used push golf cart when he spotted a collection of old watches. Among them was a watch with a dial that read “Le Coultre Deep Sea Alarm.”

Norris, a vintage watch collector, knew the watch had to be worth significantly more than the $5.99 price tag, so he purchased it and immediately brought it to an authorized Jaeger-LeCoultre retailer in Scottsdale, Ariz.. 

Sure enough, the watch was an extremely valuable one: It was a rare 1959 LeCoultre Deep Sea Alarm, one of the brand’s most desired design — less than 1,000 were made for the American market — and one of the first watches to feature an alarm for divers. 

Norris posted a video of the watch with its still-functioning alarm on YouTube.

Armed with this information, Norris posted his watched on a “Vintage Watches” Facebook page, where offers started pouring in from collectors around the world. 

Norris eventually accepted an irresistible offer from Rolex dealer and collector Eric Ku, who offered Norris $35,000 for the watch, and threw in Norris’ dream watch, an Omega Speedster Professional, to sweeten the deal. 

Not bad for a $5.99 watch. 

Norris delivered the watch to Ku in person last Wednesday. 

Norris told Hodinkee that he has since given a donation to Goodwill, but insists on keeping the amount private. 


High schooler told to cover up for exposing her shoulders: I found this on Yahoo and 16-year-old Gabi Finlayson was told to cover up her shoulders.  I saw the dress, and I thought it was modest.  The dress length goes well below her knee.  Her shoulders were showing, but they weren’t spaghetti straps.  Also her dress wasn’t even low- cut and doesn’t show her chest. 


I’m going to use Katy Perry at the Superbowl 2015 as an example.  She’s performing her song “Teenage Dream” and she’s wear a low cut blue, red, yellow, and white dress.  It shows off her legs and spaghetti straps.  Now if a 16 yr old girl went to the school dance wearing that, then the school may tell her to cover up.


Get enough sleep: I was going through my “parking lot” email and I found this comment that was for this blog post and the article I wrote about:



Here’s the Yahoo comment:

Jabra: This article or research did not address the intermittent sleep, i.e. a person waking up to go to bathroom 2 or more times a night.

My opinion: Yeah, when I wake up in the middle of the night to use the washroom, I can go back to sleep.  There are times I can’t and I stay awake for an hour, so I missed an hour of sleep.

Feb. 21:

Bryan Cranston meets cancer fan: I found this on Yahoo.  Here’s an excerpt:

“The 58-year-old actor, whose character on the AMC series had inoperable lung cancer, helped fulfill the wish of a North Carolina teen with terminal brain cancer. Brad Joyner had three items on his bucket list — swimming with sharks, driving a 1967 Shelby Mustang, and meeting Cranston — and the TV star helped his final dream come true.”


Jamie Lynn Spears restaurant fight: This happened back in Jan. 13, 2015.

E! News reports that somehow Jamie Lynn’s friend found her way into the midst of the people having the fight. Spears “helped her friend from out of the middle of the violent group” before running behind the counter and helping herself to a large knife. She then wielded the knife at the people fighting in an effort to break them up.

“I have been with Pita Pit for several years, and have never seen anything like this before,” he said at the time the brawl took place. “The events that happened occurred after 2 a.m. this past Saturday night just before we closed. A group of males got into an altercation and for some reason Jamie Lynn Spears ran behind the counter and picked up a bread knife.”


My opinion: I saw the video fight on tail end of The Social.  The manager was calling 911.  Also, Spears was holding a big knife, but it’s not really sharp.  I have worked at the Soup place.  The bread knife we use is big, just like the Pita Pit one.  However, both aren’t that sharp.  The manager was already on the phone, so Spears might as well wave the knife around a bit.


This kind of reminds when I was on the bus in 2005.  This young woman was talking about how these 2 guys went up to a drunk guy on the street and started a fight.  She said one of the 2 guys pulled out a knife on the drunk.

Woman: I went over there and told them to stop and walk away.  They did.  I just moved here and if there was a stabbing in my neighborhood, I would have to move again.

Some of you may say brave or stupid for this woman.  Maybe both.  I will give her points for her courage.  I will also give points for Spears courage.  I worked at my restaurant about 2 yrs ago and there was a fight outside.  I immediately yelled at the 2 guys to stop and I will call security.  I did call security.

No comments: