Sunday, February 9, 2014

Post Secret/ Key and Peele/ fun pictures



Jan. 12 Post Secret:

“I’m 70 years old.  I’m happily married to a lovely and charming woman, have three wonderful children, a nice home and lots of activities.  I’m very happy.  Thomas Wolfe said You can’t go home again.  Perhaps not, but if there was a knock on the door tomorrow and it was the girl I dated when I was at school in New York I would, without hesitation, walk out with her without a backward glance.”

Email:

“My father did, at 70…And his ‘soulmate’ was dead 18 months later.  He is now destitute, disowned, and miserable.  And really deserves it.  That would be on MY postcard.

Thank you.”

Pregnancy secrets:

“I gave up a child for adoption 25 years ago.  She found me.  I wish to God I had the abortion instead.”

“I thought if I had his baby, it would keep us together…he’d love me.  Instead my baby will suffer the consequences of my actions for the rest of her life because he left me anyway.  I’M SORRY.”

Sad secret: “I wanted to tell you all of my secrets.  But you became one instead.”

Jan. 18 Happy Post Secrets:

A picture of Starbucks: “I take the leftover pastries from work and leave them by the dumpster for homeless people. 

Me: That’s good that you’re helping people.

“Watching Long Island Medium has made me believe in God.”

Me: That’s good that a reality TV show is making you believe in God.

“I’ll decide who I want to be.”

Me: That’s very positive.

“I donate to charity just so I can get free stuff.  (Like this holiday card.)

Me: Yeah, well at least you’re donating to charity.  I have donated to charities and got  holiday cards, address labels, and a couple of calendars.

Feb. 2 Pussycat dolls: This is a pop girl group.  Nicole was the lead singer.  There are some things that I don’t know about them.  1:28 in, Nicole says she sang the entire first album PCD.  She recorded it, and then they brought the other girls in to hear the album.

I didn’t know that she sang the entire first album.  I thought that when the second album came out, I’m sure the other girls would be allowed to sing some parts of the songs, but they weren’t.  Only Melody was allowed to sing a little in songs like “Buttons” and “I Don’t Need a Man.”


Julianne Hough: This was way back in Oct. 2013, but I’m writing about it now from my deleted email that was retrieved.  She is a Dancing with the Stars dancer and she wore blackface for her Halloween costume:

“Hough apologized soon after she came under fire for her controversial makeup. "I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created," the former Dancing With the Stars hoofer wrote in Twitter. ‘It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize.’”


Key and Peele: This is a TV show of sketch comedy.  It’s from the actors Keegan- Michael Key and Jordan Peele from MADtv.  I only saw a couple of sketches and that’s only when I turn on the TV and want to see what’s on Comedy Network. 

They are black.  There was a sketch where Key and Peele have white powder on their faces like they’re white.  Ty Burrell (from Modern Family) play a Nazi soldier and he’s testing to see if they are truly white.  Is anyone here offended by that?

I’m not offended by it, but I didn’t think it was funny.

Another time I was also checking what’s on Comedy Network and this show was on.  The sketch was where Key and Peele are being auctioned off as slaves in America in the 1800s when slavery was still legal.  All the slave owners were bidding on the other slaves instead of Key and Peele.

The entire time I was watching it, I was like: “You’re making a joke about black slavery?”  I didn’t find it funny and I never watched the show again.  I like MADtv and the actors, but from these two sketches, I don’t really like this show.

Fun pictures: I found this on Yahoo.  This is a 2 min 30 sec. video of: “Belgian artist and photographer Ben Heine. Ben's Pencil vs. Camera series perfectly blends illustrations in surprising but clever juxtapositions. The end result offers viewers a glimpse into an imaginative and surreal world.”

The photos are so cool and fun to look at.  It shows a drawing of a panda, and then it’s put in front of a real landscape.  It’s inspirational.


Tiny home: This was on my deleted email about how a man lives in a very tiny home.  It was supposed to add to my “consumerism” emails about how we buy too much stuff and here is a man living in a small home with few things.

However, when I put this in, I get a different video.


Go pro camera: Instead I got this video.  It’s where a biker attaches a Go Pro camera on a ram.  The ram is hitting and chasing after the motorcycle.  The video then starts playing this quirky chase music you would hear in those British comedy movies.


Fun kid video: This is also from my deleted email.  I wrote about it and described it to you, but here is the actual video.  The parents tell this 7 yr old girl they’re going to Disneyland and she’s so happy, she cries.  Her 2 yr old sister has this expression on her face where she looks confused.


Michael Dunahee: This was on my deleted email, because I wanted to keep track of this story.  There is this Surrey man and he could be a boy who went missing years ago.  I wanted to know the DNA test results to see if it really is him.

CBC news says: 

“DNA testing has determined that a Surrey, B.C., man is not Michael Dunahee, who disappeared as a four-year-old in 1991, the Victoria Police Department says.

Const. Michael Russell said the test was conducted after the man was identified through a tip as possibly being Dunahee.”


No comments: