Thursday, October 3, 2013

Whyte Ave/ forehead nose/ Be Beautiful



Sept. 24 Whyte Ave: I went to a job interview on Whyte Ave, so I was shopping a bit afterwards.

Da Copa: I found this restaurant and it sold $18 burgers and gelato.

Sunwork and Organic Meat Shop: It’s a small grocery store that sells organic food and lots of brands I haven’t seen in Safeway.

Roots on Whyte: They showed nice paintings by the artist Margaret Clark.  Her work seems to be called Red Riddle.  I looked it up on the internet and it lead to the Facebook page:

“To coincide with the 18th Annual Whyte Avenue ARTWALK, Edmonton artist MARGARET CLARK is our featured artist at the Roots On Whyte. Enjoy her beautiful wild works in our lobby for July & August. Meet Margaret creating new works at her ARTWALK street display daily 10AM-5PM July 12-13-14 in front of BLUSH LANE ORGANIC MARKET 8135-102St (Whyte Ave)”

Alhambra Books: I did find this great book store that sells used books.  You walk in and it has that old book smell.  This is different from the Wee Book Inn, because the Inn sells CDs and DVDs.  Alhambra is all books.

They have lots of new age books and a good Feng Shui section.  Lol.


Sept. 25 Conor Maynard: Here’s his new song called “R U Crazy.”  I heard his song yesterday and it has a techno beat and you can really dance to it. 

Here’s lyric video:


Here is his music video:


I love the song, but this video is only okay.  He’s walking in a hallway and he’s singing to a girl in the dark and shadows.  The camera is all panning and moving a lot to make it seem disoriented.

Forehead nose: I found this on Yahoo:

“The man suffered damage to his nose and an infection after a severe car accident, and the infection had eaten away at the cartilage in his nose, making it impossible to for doctors to fix his original nose. Instead, the team decided to grow the man an entirely new nose on his forehead, according to the Huffington Post.”

My opinion: I see a lot of comments where people find this disturbing.  I find it disturbing to look at the picture, so I’ll stop looking at it.  Lol.  There are a lot of funny comments though.  Well, good luck to him though.

“Ed”: does this nose make my forehead look big?

 David: Talk about turning your nose up at someone. Sorry... just had to!

solarpurplestarlight: I am so glad, for this man. Not just for surviving a bad accident and infection, later on, but, also that he is getting a replacement nose. The thing I am most happy for him, is, his new nose looks like it is going to be a perfect fit, too. I think his new nose is fantastic looking. Maybe even nicer, than his original nose, before the accident? I really hope that Yahoo! will do a follow-up, after he has had time to heal. =)


Sept. 27 Bad neighbor: I was checking what’s on 20/20 tonight and I see that a couple of weeks ago, they did a follow up on the bad neighbor Lori Christensen.  They did an episode one or two years ago about how she spray paints messages and puts on her garage door “I saw your mother kiss a breathalyzer test.”  She says it was to support the Mothers Against Drunk Driving because it’s on bus ads. 

However, the neighbors across the street are offended by it because the mother is a recovering alcoholic.  Christensen is always spray painting a messages and putting it on her garage door.  She’s been in jail twice and there has been lots of video footage recorded of her doing some sort of strip tease on her driveway.

I decided to watch this on the website to get her side of the story.  Christensen is saying that since they’re videotaping her, she might as well give them a show to watch. 

20/20 interviewed her, and later they took a break.  There was footage where Christensen is yelling at the crew.  Basically she made herself look bad on national TV.

My opinion: I was kind of angry watching this.  However, hopefully she may watch herself on TV and realize how bad and stupid she looks on TV.  I mentioned the teen pregnancy episode on the Tyra Banks show.  The black girl Jessica was saying: “I want to have a baby with my ex- boyfriend.  He doesn’t want a baby now or in the future, but I think when the baby comes he’s going to want to be with me and we can be a family and raise it together.”

6 months later she was on the show again and said: “After I saw myself on TV I realized how stupid and ridiculous I sounded and looked.  I realized how I am not ready to have a baby at all.” 

Nick Carter: He is from the Backstreet Boys and he has released his memoir called Facing the Music and Living to Talk about It.  It’s about his drug abuse, and his sister Leslie passing away.  I was reading in Metro about it, and he said he was on Dr. Phil a year ago, and Dr. Phil told him about writing a book.  Carter did write the book and he felt it was “therapeutic” and how the book could help people.

That’s good to hear.  I was checking what was on TV and I did see Carter was on Dr. Phil, but I didn’t watch it.

Be Beautiful: I found this on Yahoo.  An overweight woman Denise Jolly, 34 took pictures of herself by putting the words “Be beautiful” on her body.  She took them also out in public.  I will give her points for stripping to her underwear and taking pics of herself, and also doing that in public.  Here are some comments:

Lalansanguay: I think she's trying to tell herself to be beautiful, to live beautifully, to feel beautiful.

LISA: I think some of you missed the point. She is artistically expressing her experience on her life's journey, not promoting weight loss or body image.
What a courageous idea! I love it.

Alisha: Every person on this planet is beautiful she is not putting these pictures out because she obese and thinks that it is okay, she put them out to say that no matter what flaws you have you are beautiful, all of you should be ashamed and disappointed because she has more courage then all of you that sit behind your computer and judge other people for their flaws when you yourself have many that are worse. I admire her for what she does, not because she is obese but because she has the courage to be bold in the time she has on this planet because life is short.


NASA: I also found this on Yahoo news.  It’s where NASA pays people to lay in bed for 70 days.  It’s to test people’s muscles and body if they were in space for a long period of time.  There is a creative way to take a shower.  They didn’t go on to tell you how to use the washroom though.

There is physical and psychological test.  They will pay you $18,000.  You can read, work, go on the internet, but you have to stay in bed.  I have to know how to use the washroom before I sign up.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/nasa-pay-participants-18-000-lie-bed-70-162614002.html?vp=1

No comments: