Thursday, October 10, 2013

Conor Maynard/ calling time/ West Ed mall



Sept. 28 Conor Maynard: Here is his behind-the-scenes to his “Are U Crazy” video.  It’s kind of fun to watch.


Here is Chris Eager playing the classical piano version of the song.  It sounds really good: 


Oct. 1 Charity: I was reading in the Globe and Mail about the rapper Drake On Sept. 28, 2013.  It said he dropped $50,000 of $1 bills at a Charlotte N.C. strip club.

Me: Yeah, well I’m sure a lot of women there are working to pay for college.  Seriously, though I’m sure some of you maybe laughing.

Then it mentions he donated $10,000 to a woman who’s boyfriend and 5 children died in a fire.  Here’s the article about it:


Oct. 3 Britney Spears: I saw her new music video called “Work B—ch.”  I liked the song, and the video is average.  The dancing was good, she looked good in it.  I think the most interesting part is when she is singing on a small part of the floor, and sharks are swimming in the pool around her.  That I haven’t seen before.

She is singing and dancing on a white dance floor set in the desert as a fancy car drives around them.  There are some explosions that surprise the audience.

Oct. 5 Grocery shopping: As a kid and teenager, I always went grocery shopping with my family.  Now that I’m an adult, I don’t do that anymore.  It was gradual with going to college, and I allocate my time to studying and school work.  Then I was always working, and usually on the weekends.  That’s the time my family goes grocery shopping.

The beauty of living with my parents is that I don’t have to go grocery shopping.  Unlike the people who live on their own, they have to.  So I have free time.  The free time is used for productive activities like looking for a job, reading the business section of the newspaper, and reading the newspaper in general.

I was thinking about how I had accidentally offended my friend calling on Sat. afternoons, leaving messages assuming she may have free time during that time.  The thing is I know most of my friends are working full-time, and living on their own.  They have to do grocery shopping, and the housework.  I do some housework, like sweep the floor, wash the dinner dishes, take out the recycling and trash, but it’s not a lot of housework.

My parents love Costco.  Lol.  Seriously, they do. 

Calling time: I remember this time I used to be friends with this girl Grace.  It’s like any time is play time for her.  One time she rang my doorbell at 8pm and my brother answered it.  He said it was too late to play.

This flashback was triggered by this other memory of when my sister was in high school.  One of her friends called her at 10pm.  I thought: “That’s kind of late to call.”  And even my sister said that before she picked up.  From her side of the conversation, it sounded like her friend just wanted to talk.  I thought if you were going to call this late, it should be for something important like school work: “What chapter are we supposed to read for tomorrow?”

Reasons to call: Here are the reasons that are totally acceptable to call at 10pm:

  1. It’s an emergency.  For example like: “My brother is in the hospital!  He needs blood.  Can you donate some?”
2. It’s for a fun event.  For example: “I’m in the club right now!  It’s so much fun!  Do you have a pen and paper so you can write down the address and come down here?

Me: Most likely not for me.  I would probably say: “I’m in bed right now.  I have to wake up at 6am tomorrow for work.”  Lol. 

I am considerate of people’s time.  I would never call at 10pm.  I think 8pm is like the time when I can call.  9pm is the cut off time.  I’m sure all of you would be annoyed if I called you at 10pm to ask a fun question like: “So what would you like to be complimented on the most?  Looks, smarts, talent, or personality?”

All of you would be saying: “What?  You called me at this time to ask this?  This isn’t even important.”  Lol. 

West Ed mall: I usually go shopping here like once a month.  On my birthday in Aug. I did.  In Sept. I didn’t.  I did go shopping here on Jul. 26, 2013.

  1. Helly Hansen- expensive coats.
  2. Bialgio Luggage- some nice bags at good prices.
  3. No Excuses- sells perfume so I had to try some.  If you know me, I love smelling things from food, wine (though I don’t drink it), and perfume.
  4. Shoe comfort- not really interested in the shoes they sell.
  5. David’s Tea- I tried the tea.  It was the last sample on the tray, so it was really watered down.  I don’t drink tea, more into coffee.  I did smell the tea leaves that they had out.  The worker there was the one who wanted to get me to smell it to possibly buy it.
  6. L’ Occitane En Provence- it sells perfume.
  7. French Connection- nice clothes, expensive.
  8. Via Veneto Shoes- expensive.
  9. Blues notes- affordable clothes.
  10.  True Religion- expensive.  However, they have this kind of counter with stools even though they sell clothes.
  1. Soft Moc- I don’t like really like their shoes.
  1. Coach- I tried their perfume.  It was okay.
  1. Call it Spring- sells shoes.
  1. Triple Flip- sells kids clothes for girls.
  1. Children’s Place- sells kids clothes.
  1. Bench- expensive, but nice stuff. 
  1. Seven for all Mankind- expensive, but I do like the interior of the store. 
  1. Kiehl’s- it sells skin care products.  I do like the Harley in the store.
  2. Abercrombie and Fitch- good music to listen to in the store.
  1. Icing- sells teen jewelery. 
  1. Aeropostale
  1. Sephora- I tried their Dior perfume.  They sell men’s skincare. 
  1. Pink- they sell day planners with their clothes.  They play good music. 
  1. Victoria’s Secret- well if you go to Pink, you enter the other side of the store too.
  1. Quicksilver- this is where I go to all the American stores. 
  1. Skechers
  1. Steve Madden
  1. Chapters- they sell Poppin office ware.

No comments: