Thursday, August 16, 2012

health concerns/ staffing agencies/ Am I intense?

Aug. 1 Health concerns: Hannah Peterson sent me this article "8 Biggest Health Concerns for Adolescents."  It mentions driving, because it's teenagers who crash the cars the most out of any age group.  In fact, a girl named Sarah died when I was in high school.  It mentioned smoking, drugs, alcohol and teen pregnancy. 

It said: "...the U.S. still boasts nine times as many teenage mothers as many developing countries."  Abuse and neglect was also listed.  It said: "Young girls who suffer abuse are 25% more likely to become pregnant as a teenager."

There is a 16 and Pregnant spoof in the article.  It was a guy dressed up like a girl, her boyfriend's a jerk, and her dad is nice.  I didn't really think it was funny, but I will give points for effort.

http://www.lifeinsurancequotes.org/8-biggest-health-concerns-for-adolescents-2/

Aug. 2 Ong Bak: I was going through my notes, and I see that I have written down about this movie.  I haven't seen it, but the story is the head of the statue is stolen from a village, and a martial artist has to go to the city to find it and bring it back.  That's a clear goal.

I guess I said that as a writer: "What does this character want?  How does he go about it?"  I saw the trailer, and Tony Jaa is a really good fighter.  I guess I'll have to check this movie out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368909/

Comparisons:

A big heist at a hotel: It was done on Dollhouse's ep called "Gray Hour."  It was a sci-fi show by Buffy creator Joss Whedon.  I also saw an ep on Flashpoint.

A law enforcement team teaches a college class: My brother was watching CSI, and the ep was called "19 Down" where the team teaches a college class.  They also get to talk to a serial killer via webcam.  It was an old ep. 

Then on Criminal Minds 7th season, they did an ep called "Profiling 101."  The team teaches the class.  No serial killer on webcam though.

A person ruining the lead character's life: In the movie Swimfan, a guy cheats on his girlfriend with this crazy girl.  The crazy girl becomes a stalker and ruins the guy's life.  If you see the trailer, she gets the guy kicked off the swim team because he failed a drug test when in reality he doesn't take drugs.

In the TV movie Lethal Obsession, this woman is estranged from her sociopath brother.  He comes back into her life.  She doesn't trust him, but slowly does.  Then he wreaks havoc.  He isn't trying to ruin her life, but he does get at people.  Here's a spoiler alert.  Skip the next paragraph if you don't want to know.

The brother finds out his sister's husband is cheating on her.  The brother was going to kill the husband.

Aug. 3 The Simpsons: I was reading the business section of the newspaper and thought of the episode where Homer is selling cans of grease for money.

Homer: I'm trying to achieve financial independence.
Marge: Through cans of grease?
Homer: No, through savings and wise investments.  Of course through grease!

Mean comments: I was thinking about this.  If you are going to say mean comments about someone or something, you should know there's a chance they're going to hear it.  Are you going to be embarrassed if they know you said it?

Staffing agencies: This brings me to this.  There are all these mean comments dissing staffing agencies, but it's about people's own personal experiences.  I can't exactly verify that's what happened to all of them, but let's assume these are real people.  If staffing agencies read these mean comments, they may be offended by it. 

If the staffing agencies confront the people who made these comments, I bet the complainers would say: "Yeah, well it's the truth."  There isn't a nice way to say it.

I was bank on the "staffing agencies suck" blog.  I read a couple more comments like this from Anonymous.  The posts were a couple months apart.

http://thinkinglola.blogspot.ca/2005/08/why-recruitment-agencies-suck.html

"these agencies are scum of the earth. they are the curse to the job world. jobs goes to people with less qualifications."

"Recruitment agencies are a curse to the country. Here is what you should do. All they are doing is fishing for CV's."

Here's a solution from Willykun:

"100% Correct -- How many of you enjoy speaking to 22 year old 'Consultant' with absolutely no experience in your industry about a particular job. My approach -- go in to the recruitment office get the company name for the position you are interested in, tell your 'consultant' you're not interested and then directly apply. It sounds wrong, but when you talk about your career, you've got to take things into your own hands and not let a bunch of sales chumps screw you over."

Jamie Kennedy Experiment: It brings to this TV show where they play a trick on those 2 talent judges (and the audience.)  The two guys/ judges make all these mean comments dissing Jamie and the audience laughs at Jamie.  Then Jamie hears all the mean comments, and the 2 guys act so embarrassed.

Then Jamie's character says something about his wife who passed away 6 months ago.  The two guys looked really guilty there.

I was going through the Youtube comments, and more people are dissing the 2 judges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQ1s35d5rw

Dateline: I was thinking about this show again.  You can diss and laugh at the sexual predators all you want, without feeling guilty.  They're all sexual predators/ rapists/ child molesters/ pedophiles/ criminals/ sociopaths, etc.  There really is not one nice thing you can say about them.

If the sexual predators heard the mean Youtube comments from the people who made them in person, the people would say: "Yeah, well it's the truth."  You can't phrase it nicely.

Stack Ups: Have you ever heard of these chips?  They're like Pringles, the chips are in a jar.  I got these at Rexall, 4 Stack Ups for $5.  It's cheaper than 2 Pringles for $5.  Stack Ups are just as good as Pringles.

Aug. 6 Comedy comparisons:

Buying a bunch of things so you can get 1 thing: It was done on the TV show Clueless.  This straight-A student thinks she may be pregnant so she, Cher, Dionne, and Amber go to the drug store to buy it.

Cher: We can't go and buy this.
Amber: Well when my friend need to buy something like this, she goes to the store, buys a whole bunch of stuff and this one thing will just be another item.
Dionne: That is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Amber: What?  Are you dissing me?  I mean, are you dissing my friend?
Cher: Let's go with Amber's plan.

It was also done on The Simpsons episode "Summer of 4ft. 2."  I had to look the title up.  It's where the Simpsons go to Ned Flanders summer house on the beach.  Homer wanted to buy some illegal fireworks at the convenience store.  Before he enters:

Homer: I'm just going to go in there, and buy a whole bunch of stuff like I buy fireworks all the time.

Homer tells the Clerk to get all this stuff and adds about fireworks.

Aug. 9 Art: I've been adding to my 4 collages in my room.  I made these back in 2007.  Now I have gotten bored of looking at them.  I decided to express my creativity and added some new pictures, words, and inspirational quotes on them.

Aug. 12 Five: I decided to check out what's with that old British boy band Five.  It turns out BBC made a documentary called I'm in a Boy Band.  I saw a 2min. clip with Scott.  He has all these tattoos on his arm which he didn't have before. 

What's interesting though, is that he discussed about how he had his first child when he was in the group.  His son was born premature and was in an incubator.  I didn't know that about him.  He was in the band and he had to perform instead of be with his son.

Then it ended on a happy note when he was talking about how he was proud to be in Five.  How he sold 20 million albums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yQ7nkhDE9k

Aug. 15 Am I intense?: I have a question: Am I intense?  As in intense in personality?  It's totally okay if you tell me I am.

No comments: