Thursday, August 30, 2012

birthday/ Old Spaghetti Factory/ Dashing Through the Snow

Aug. 11 Birthday: Today is my birthday.  I went to work in the morning.  After that, it was noon so I went to a bookstore and did some shopping.  My friend Jessica came and we went to the Bay and looked at bags and shoes.

Old Spaghetti Factory: Then we went to a restaurant for lunch called the Old Spaghetti Factory at West Edmonton Mall.  There's one by City Centre mall.  I've never ate there before.  I remember applying to each restaurant before years ago.  I ordered the lasagna.  The entree comes with soup.  I got the French onion soup; it was very cheesy and good.  I had that kind of soup at my restaurant before, but there wasn't that much cheese.

The lasagna was really good.  I never had a bad lasagna.  For dessert, it was a scoop of ice cream.  It was like pistachio, chocolate and vanilla mixed together.  The value was really good.  It was like $12.95 for all of soup, entree, and ice cream.  I recommend you go there.

On the comment card, I rated it excellent.  I also made a random comment that the hostess kind of looked like the actress AJ Cook from the TV show Criminal Minds.  She did look like the younger version of the actress.    

Comic book convention:
Then my friend Jessica drove me partway home through downtown.  There's this comic book convention at Grant MacEwan City Centre campus.  I see some people in costumes.  It turns out it's $30 admission just to enter.

Cariwest Festival: Jessica dropped me off in downtown and I went to the Cariwest Festival in Churchill Square.  There was loud music and people in bright costumes.  There was lots of food there.  There was one booth that sold some hair clips, and another that sold men's baseball caps and shirts.

Friends: I had some friends wish me a happy birthday in person and on Facebook.

Aug. 12: Also I talked to my friend Angela on the phone last night for 25 min.

Food: I ordered 2 large pizzas from Pizza 73 and my family and I ate it.  Then I also bought an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  It had a sail boat on it.  There was Elmo.  There was a butterflies cake.  There was one with two dolphins and one with a cat on it, and I had those designs before on previous birthdays. 

So I wanted something different.  The first I saw was a sail boat and I guess it stuck out for me because I wanted to sail away. 

Fun: Yesterday I made myself have fun.  I didn't look for an office job, pitch my script, read the business section of the newspaper or job articles like I usually do everyday.  I read book and movie reviews, and comics. 

Law of attraction: I was thinking: "I just want to have fun."  Then I thought of the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper.  Hours later, I was going through the radio stations, and this song came on.

Aug. 15 Boston Pizza: I had gotten a gift card from there and I decided to use it.  I ordered their prime rib burger with fries.  It costs $11 with GST.  It was good and the value was worth it because the burger was big and there were a lot of fries.  However, if you are to buy burger and fries, you could go to any fast food place and get it for $6 or $7.

It turns out BP only takes gift cards if you're eating in or picking up the food.  The delivery drivers don't have the machines to take gift cards.  Not yet.

I then recycled some pens at Staples.

Friends: When I was going to BP, I bumped into my friend Sarah on the bus.  I asked if she her cell phone number has changed, and she said she doesn't have one any more because she doesn't use it.

Government: I did run an errand and I learned that the govt. doesn't take credit cards when you buy something from them.  They only take cash and debit.

Parker Young: A couple of weeks ago, I was checking what's on MuchMusic and a reality show called The Choice is on.  4 celeb guys sit in chairs that face away from the stage.  A girl comes on and has 30 seconds to tell the guys what they're like.  The guys have 30 seconds to make a decision if this girl sounds interesting enough to date.

One of the guys there was the actor Parker Young.  I've never seen him before, but he's on the TV show Suburbgatory.  He's hot in the athletic model kind of way.  Check him out:

http://wetoldyouwhattodream.blogspot.ca/2012/02/suburgatory-stud-parker-young.html

Eric Johnson:
I've been watching Rookie Blue's 3rd season, and my favorite Edmonton actor Eric Johnson isn't on it anymore.  That's okay, the show is good and he was the bonus.  However, he came back last week with a beard.  This week he came on, and he shaved.  He looks really handsome.

I looked him up to see what else he's on, and he was on a Christmas TV movie called Deck the Halls.  It's based on a book by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark.  Here's a clip of the movie, but he's not in the clip.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1942839/

Dashing Through the Snow: I was working at the Soup place in 2010, and this old lady Lucy who is a regular gave me a book called Dashing Through the Snow by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark.  It's a good mystery.  It's light and fun.  It kind of reminds me of The Baby-Sitter's Club because it's got the small town feel.  I like the book. 

They've written some Christmas mystery books together, and they have written books separately.  Mary is the mother, Carol is the daughter.

Here's an interview with them.  It's very heart-warming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuU_K9I4xOg&feature=related

Aug. 19 Post Secret:

"I was turned down from 3 min. wage jobs this summer.  I feel worthless."  The picture has a man holding up a sign "I can be bought."

Me: I'm sure a lot of people feel that way in this economy.  I have experienced months of unemployment back in 2010.  Keep a positive attitude.

Here are some inspirational ones:

"There will never be a 'good' or 'right' time to do anything worth doing.  Do it anyway.  As soon as you can."

"Every time one of my secrets isn't posted...I take it as a sign from God to (crossed out) let go of it.   Get over it." 

Law of attraction: Yesterday I got home from work and thought I should go shopping.  The Zellers at West Ed mall has closed down.  I thought I should go to the one at Bonnie Doon.  I didn't because I was tired and planned to go on my day off.  Today after work, my mom said I could buy some new shoes and pants for work.  We then went to Bonnie Doon.

Shopping: There is a Dollerama that recently opened.  The other $1 store closed down.  There is now a customer service place in the mall.  The Zellers restaurant closed down.  The Zellers still has lots of cds, dvds, books, clothes to buy.  The food like chips is 10% off.

Aug. 21 Family Guy: I saw this episode a few weeks ago.  There's a scene where Stewie is driving a car and he hears on the radio to win Justin Beiber tickets.  He decides to call in while driving, and he hits a pole.

Radio DJ: You're caller #7.
The old perverted guy Herbert is on the phone.
Herbert: Alright!  "Never say never!"

lol.  "Never say Never" is JB song title.

Aug. 23 The Simpsons: I was watching the episode "Bart's Comet" on my birthday.  Bart discovers a comet and it was going to crash into Springfield.  I was watching it, and I don't remember this scene at the dinner table.

Homer: Then I drove away really fast before they got my license plate.
Lisa: That sounds like you had a good day dad.
Homer: But then I forgot to go to work.

Me: That's terrible.  You caused an accident and drove away really fast.  Also that's really funny that you forgot to go to work.  lol.

No comments: