Thursday, September 15, 2011

funny videos/ writing job search/ Ringer

Sept. 10 Funny videos: I was watching The Vampire Diaries season 2 bloopers on Youtube. There were a couple shots of one of my fave actors David Anders at 15 sec mark. There's one of him in 1: 19 mark.

The beginning was funny with Nina Dobrev (or her stunt double) running and she hits the cave wall hard, and falls down.

Me: What?

The last scene in 2:17 mark was the funniest. Cut to Mason and Damon talking.

Mason: Mason Lockwood, I don't believe we've met.
Mason holds out hand to shake.
Damon (takes hand): Oh sure, hey, Ian.

They all burst out laughing and so did I. It was so natural, because the actor Ian Somerhalder broke character and said his real name. For a moment there, you see Somerhalder for who he is and how he really acts in real life when he meets new people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAk80_LOSUI

It reminds me of my favorite part in the Veronica Mars season 3 bloopers. At the 3min mark, there's a scene with Veronica, Veronica's dad Keith, and Veronica's boyfriend Logan eating dinner.

Keith: So how's school Jason?

Keith (Enrico Colantoni) totally called Logan the actor's name Jason Dohring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYMqi5OBZU&feature=related

Sept. 13 Headlines:

Smoking Orangutan: Here's one I got from 24. It's being searched on Yahoo right now: "Smoking Orangutan goes Cold Turkey." The orangutan's name is Shirley and Malaysian wildlife officials removed her and four others from this zoo in Johor. Shirley smokes because visitors throw lit cigarrettes into her enclosure. She's now in Malacca Zoo and then will be put into a wildlife centre in Island of Borneo.

Sept. 14 Good news: My little brother was watching Anderson Cooper's new talk show called Anderson. He's a big fan of his since he watches him on CNN. AC interviewed this black woman in her 60s who helped find an abandoned baby. She talked about how she had to get her son ready for school, and she saw these 3 teen boys who like 14/15 yrs old and they were kicking this box around.

There was a baby inside it. The boys ran away. The baby is now a white woman who's 24 yrs old. She looked well- dressed and put together. P then turned off the TV.

Me: Turn it back on!
P: No, it's too much like Oprah.
lol.

I like Oprah, I guess AC should be a good replacement. I saw a promo that AC will be interviewing Sarah Jessica Parker.

I remember reading in the Edmonton Journal, the City Plus section, about how 3 teen boys found a baby girl in an alley. This article was a few yrs ago and they gave the baby to the hospital. The article was about how the girl grew up and was reunited with the 3 teens who are now grown men. So that was nice.

Divorce: Today I told my dad about the Yahoo article about the #1 reason people get divorced.

Dad: Money?
That's what I and P said.

Me: No, growing apart.
Dad: Growing apart?
Me: Falling out of love.

Sept. 13 Writing job search: I was talking to my friend Dan L. and he said he has a writing job, and it pays more than being an administrative assistant. He says look for a writing job on Eluta.ca, Indeed.ca, and Careerjets.ca. I have used the first 2 engines for my admin assistant search, but not the last one. I'll check it out.

Sept. 14: I went to Eluta, and there weren't any writing jobs. I checked Indeed, and there were 2 pages of them. I applied to one because the others were technical writers and staffing agencies. I then went to Simply Hired and Monster. I haven't used those sites in awhile, and when I did I typed in "administrative assistant." This time, I wrote "writer, communications."

Job search: My usual job search is everyday I look at the Edmonton Journal classifieds, Job Serve emails, Job Bank, and Kijiji. I think it's effective because I apply to over a 100 places a month. That's how I manage to get interviews.

Sept. 15 Job interviews: The medical office didn't call me back so I didn't get hired. The other day I did an interview. I didn't get the receptionist position, but she will pass on my resume to the call centre position.

Today I did an interview. I got off work and then I took the bus to find the place. It took me about 45min to take 2 buses and find the place. Then I took the bus back and picked up some brochures for school. I then took the bus back to the company and got there 30min early.

They didn't mind and I did the interview. I thought it went okay, but then she told me there were 25 applicants for 1 position. There was a personality test I did, where you check one out of the 4 words which is most like you and which is least like you.

Math test: Then I did a math test. Now, I'm going to beat myself up here. It was jr. high math like: "What's 6- -3?" (Six minus negative three?)"

I picked 3, and then I did the math on the calculator at home and the correct answer is 9. I asked my brother the question and he answer it right like: "Isn't it like two negatives make a positive, so you add it and it's 9?" They told me I could use a calculator on my cell phone. So I did, but I didn't know how to use it. Damn it.

Or I could wank it my mind as in, even if I got 100% on the math test, I still wouldn't have gotten hired anyway due to all these applicants. The last time I did a math test to get a job was back in 2007. It was high school math, but with a regular calculator (not a scientific or graphing calculator). You needed to get 20/30 questions right. However, I didn't get the mark, but it was set up through a staffing agency. So staffing agencies are bad, and it's a good thing I didn't pass the test. If I got hired, the staffing agency would have made money off me.

Ringer: I saw this TV show the other day starring Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). She plays twins. It starts off with Bridget an an AA meeting talking about herself. I saw the same scene in the TV movie A Woman Hunted. It's good exposition. She is staying at the Double Nickel Hotel which is a reference to twins. It says she is the co-executive producer for the pilot on imdb.com. So it looks like she's not a producer for the series.

Cut to 9 days earlier, B runs away from Witness Protection. B reunites with her twin sister Siobhan (pronounced Shevon. I didn't know that until I saw the show.) They get to know each other again after not seeing each other for 6 yrs. S is a wealthy socialite and married. She didn't tell anyone she has a sister, not even her husband Andrew (played by Ioan Grufford. He was in Fantastic Four.) He's British in this show.

It's well- shot. The boating scene looks fake. B is asleep on the boat, and wakes up. S is gone and the pill bottle has S's wedding ring in it. There are cool clothes and a penthouse that S lives in at NY. B calls her sponsor Malcolm (Mike Colter). He's black so there's some ethnic diversity. B tells Malcolm the truth that her sister committed suicide and B will take over her identity.

Kristoffer Polaha (from Life Unexpected) plays S's boyfriend Henry. S is cheating on her husband with her best friend's husband. B goes to AA and says: "Mistakes aren't tragedies. I never meant for any of this to happen. It just did." S has a rebellious step teen daughter Juliet. The FBI guy Victor played by Nestor Carbonell helps B.

Victor meets B who's pretending to be S. V doesn't realize it. He tells S that her twin sister is a prostitute/ stripper who is the only eye witness to a murder. It's good expository dialogue without sounding fake. B (as S) breaks things off with her best friend's husband. But, then it turns out S is pregnant. The best friend's husband says the baby is his.

Henry: It's either me or your husband.
B chooses husband.

There's a crazy ending. B gets a phone call from S's best friend to meet at the renovated apartment. A masked Bad Guy is there. B runs and BG comes at her.

B: I'm not Bridget!
B shoots him dead on. B takes his mask off and doesn't know him. B opens his jacket and there's a pic of S labeled: "Siobhan Martin. Oh my god, he wanted S killed, not B. Cut to the next shot and S is alive and gets a phone call telling her: "We have a problem."

My sister watched it with me and said she liked the use of mirrors in this ep to reflect duality. Looks like B is not safe pretending to be S. Also the bad guy is stalking B's friend Malcolm. There's a set up that M may get hurt.

4 comments:

mile said...

I do agree with you - which I fully recognize as a huge flaw into developing further as a blog writer. go here and I think this additional info will be needed for making the cheat sheets.

Natalie P. Saunders said...

Here you can really get to know about some fair factors on our life. That is most important to know for your educationl career. go here and it will let you know how the response writing service of ours.

Velva Block said...

I watched the funny videos always because it gives us smile with the funny act of actors. I really like to watch this site http://www.bioexamples.net Mr. Been movies he is really good actor and funny too. He acts like reality no one can judge is only movies or its real life.

mikon said...

these talk shows are a source of understanding for a lot of students because they can learn form the very deep of their hearts as they need to read and listen they can classify their visit website by writing their own contents for the sites they are visiting.