Tuesday, July 12, 2011

work/ child abuse/ kids at risk

Jul. 10 Work: In Jan. 2010-Mar. 2010, I worked at the Soup place and didn't get any shifts from Call Centre #3. In the mornings at around 9am I would be on twop.com reading the 16 and Pregnant thread comments. Then I would always get a call from the Soup place and be asked to come to work. I always do. I usually only get to read 1 or 2 pages and then have to bookmark it and take the bus to work.

Since I got laid off from the Soup place in Mar. 2010, all I do is look for an office job constantly.

Look alike: For some reason I thought the actors Ryan Merriman and Jason Dohring kind of looked alike.

Here's Jason Dohring:

http://www.thehunkies.com/jason-dohring/

Here's Ryan Merriman:

http://prettylittleliars.us/ryan-merriman-ian-thomas/

They have oval faces, same skin tone, similar hair color. They have different eye colors and the facial features are different.

Casey Anthony: I'm sure you've all heard about this case where it seems like this woman killed her 2 yr old daughter Caylee. She was found not guilty for murder, but was found guilty for giving false information to the police. With credit for timer served and good behavior, she will be released soon.

Everybody thinks she's guilty, and though she may not go to jail, she won't be able to live a normal life out in the real world. People will probably be harassing her.

I was watching CNN, and Lisa Bloom says this about Casey Anthony's lawyer: "He pulled victory from the jaws of defeat." I like that line, I should use it.

Action: I've been told that in screenwriting to show, don't tell. I was watching Pretty Little Liars.

Cut to Boss giving Toby an envelope and shaking his hand. Toby looks sad.
The audience knows he has been dismissed without dialogue.

T goes to Spencer and says: "The family doesn't want me to do construction work because they have a daughter. He's going to pay me for the rest of the week."

Jul. 11 Question: I was reading my alumni newsletter from my college. It interviewed a graduate and asked: "What is your greatest achievement since graduating out of college?"

For some of my friends, I can think they would answer that they used their college education and got a career in their field. As for me? I got a bank job, but I wasn't able to keep it. I got another office job all on my own, but wasn't able to keep it either.

I completed my first full- length script and have been pitching it. That's an accomplishment.

Job search: It's been 8 months of looking for an office job. I'm going to have to expand my search a bit more. I'm going to apply to places that are bit further away and have to make more of an effort to get to. I have taken 2 buses for 45min to get to a job interview. Let's move it up to 2 buses for 1 hr to get to one.

I have already gotten out of my comfort zone of downtown offices, to Kingsway, but I need to push myself more.

Child abuse: I was watching Oprah and she interviewed 19 yr old twin sisters Kathie and Kellie who were sexually abused from ages 5-13 yrs old. They lived in a nice neighborhood in Witchita. Their family didn't have a lot of money though. They were raped by their older brother Andrew repeatedly. They were also raped by their other older brother Matthew. Then were raped by their dad Brad.

The twins told their mom Lisa a couple yrs into the abuse from their two brothers. The mom didn't believe them, and didn't do anything about it. She goes out at night, and the twins told her: "If you leave us, they will rape us." She goes out anyway. They kept telling their mom, and then she told the dad Brad. There was a family meeting, and the dad hits the brothers and told them to stop doing that to their sisters.

Then Brad asks one of the twins: "What did they do? Show me." The dad then starts molesting them. Lisa has walked in on a brother raping a twin, and mom leaves the room. They also raped their younger sister Rachelle who is a yr younger than the twins.

Brad left the family and he gave Kellie a $100 bill when there is no food or electricity in the house. The twins talked about not being able to concentrate in school. The neighbors Jim and Shelly were like parents to the kids. The twins were confronted by a suspicious relative about abuse, but the twins didn't tell the relative. They then told Shelly.

Shelly wanted to call the police right away, but the twins said they had to talk to their mom Lisa first so the family won't suspect that the police will come. Two days later, Shelly tells a friend who's a sex crime detective, and then calls 911. Police came and got all the kids out of the house.

Two days later, Andrew and Matthew were arrested. 5 days later, Brad was arrested. Kellie was afraid of foster care from watching movies and the news. Her family was "corrupt", but it was their family. Foster care is a different family so she figured she can take the abuse from her own family than from strangers.

Mom Lisa was charged with 3 counts of endangerment because she didn't stop the abuse. She spent 9 days in prison, 2 months in a work release program. When she was arrested, she didn't ask about her kids. There was a video clip where she says she feels guilty for what happened, and that she didn't stop it. She did say she was sorry.

Andrew confessed to all the abuse in the interrogation.
A: My father does this too, so it's okay.
Cop: What would you like to do now?
A: I want to spend more quality time with my sisters.

A won't be eligible for parole until 2028. Shelly asks the twins if she can keep in contact with A while he's in jail, so she can help him. The twins said yes. A reads a letter to Shelly over the phone apologizing to the twins.

Matthew may be out of jail as soon as next yr.

Brad was charged with 3 counts of rape, and 1 for aggravated assault and won't be eligible for parole for 17 yrs.

Child abuse signs: The signs are the kids are often left alone. There are signs of neglect. The kids go to your house, and don't want to leave.

Kids at Risk: I found this site awhile ago, I think it was through when I was looking for a job. It's about the foster care system in Alberta. There are over 50, 000 children in Alberta living in poverty. Alberta has over 10,000 children in care. 12 children have died in foster care since 2008.

There aren't enough front line social workers to handle all the cases, and kids slip through the cracks. Here's a 9:40 sec video to watch where they interview social workers.

Please sign the petition to help:

http://www.yourworkingpeople.com/stories/kidsatrisk

You can also donate to the Youth Emergency Shelter that helps teenagers:

http://www.yess.org/

You can donate to Kids Kottage that helps kids:

http://www.kidskottage.org/core.html

Jul. 12: I also remember an older episode of Oprah from like what- 2005? This young woman was molested by her step dad and talked to Oprah. Then they brought the step dad from jail into the show. He was handcuffed, and then his handcuffs were taken off when he was on stage.

Woman: Did you molest my mentally disabled sister?
Step dad: Yes.
Woman cries and Oprah rubs her back to console her.

No comments: