Sunday, July 10, 2011

music videos/ original/ Rookie Blue

Jul.8 Music videos: I heard this song by Jennifer Hudson's called "No One Gonna Love You." It's a fast song and I like it. The new music video has her arguing with her boyfriend and he doesn't show up at the restaurant. She goes home and he's there with balloons and he tries to put his arm around her. She resists, and he then puts a ring on her left hand as a way to propose to her. I laughed.

Then I thought: "Wait a second. This has been done before in other music videos where a girl isn't getting along with the guy and he surprises her at the end."

Here's Jennifer Hudson's "No One Gonna Love You":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkt7WIf144

Amerie feat. Fabolous video "More than Love." Amerie is arguing with Fabolous and then at the end, he surprises with a new car. Here's her video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VT6DzbeprA

Keshia Chante's video "Unpredictable." Her boyfriend is acting cold towards her and then he surprises her with a birthday party. Here's her video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ajMM1EPAjY

Original: This is from the LinkedIn writing group Two Bits. The person Les wrote this:

"You're writing a plot that's been done before? So what? There are, according to another book, only 36 plots that ever existed---and when you boil them down, there are really only six or seven.

My twenty-sixth book will be published in November, and I doubt any of my plots are completely original. What IS original is the way I write it. What's original about your work is the way YOU do it."

I feel like this guy gave me permission to like be more easygoing. It's kind of like the above with music videos. It depends on how the guy surprises his girlfriend. He surprises her, but how he does it is unique and original.

Rookie Blue: I was watching the episode called "Might Have Been", and it reminded me a bit of my The Vertex Fighter script. This club has a lot of drug complaints. It was run by the club owner Patrick Murphy who was an ex-cop and gets along with the other officers. He was the same actor who played a British actor on the Toronto shot show The Best Years and an ep of Flashpoint.

The undercover cops are Andy and Gail who are waitresses at the club. They wear sexy black dresses. I can relate to the servers working since I work at a restaurant. It turns out the Woman Bartender did it as Andy overhears her talking to her Boyfriend about a drug shipment.

Later the Boyfriend shows up, and he starts arguing with the Woman Bartender and Andy. B points gun at Andy. Gun shots are fired and you think Andy got shot- again. She got shot last episode, but was wearing a bullet proof vest. I and the characters jumped at the gun shots. It turns out Patrick Murphy shot the Boyfriend who was waving the gun around. Good psych. The case is solved when it turns out Patrick was an ex-cop, so he has drug connections. He shot the Boyfriend who was the only guy who could tell the cops that Patrick is the one who was responsible for the whole drug trade.

There are other subplots like the rookie Traci who gets closer to Det. Barber as they're in surveillance outside the club. The rookie Doug deals with a domestic violence case and warned the girlfriend about her boyfriend's violent past.

On a side note, they mentioned Montreal so the show isn't really just set in some generic city.

Antitrust: I was thinking about computer movies, and then Antitrust popped into my head. It stars Ryan Phillipe who is a computer programmer. He gets a job at a corporation, and the boss does ruthless things to keep his business on top. It came out in 2001.

I rented this movie back in 2002 and watched it with Leslie. I thought the movie was average. There was some good suspense on who to trust and how to protect yourself from the bad guy. I remember this part in it:

Good guy: Type in the first number.
Bad guy does the same.
Good guy: They got it. Let's type in the second number.
Leslie: Type in the last number.
Bad guy types the second number.
Good guy: They got it. Let's type in the last number.

Well looks like Leslie's smart and predicted that one. lol.

Scary movies: I was watching Criminal Minds ep "The Stranger." The characters have watched a scary movie.

Dr. Reid: Do you know why horror movies are so successful? Because they prey on our instinctual need to survive. The best part in a horror movie is you never know when the end is going to come.

I thought: "That's like life, you don't know when the end is going to come." Then I thought about the horror movie Darkness. I didn't really predict the ending, but the whole movie was scary.

The Bourne Ultimatum: I saw this movie again last week. I forgot I watched it, but then I remembered it as I was watching it. I borrowed it from the library back in 2008. I had to type into my blog to see if I wrote about it and I did. Now that I saw it the second time, I have some new notes about it.

There is good exposition in the beginning as the CIA and characters talk about what happened in the last two films like it was a review. (Spoiler alert, skip this next line and go to the next paragraph.) Bourne tells his girlfriend's brother that his girlfriend is dead.

Bourne could have shot someone, but didn't because he was unarmed. Though the bad guy was chasing after him, the bad guy was badly injured and can't move. B didn't shoot him to show that he's a sympathetic character.

Strike: I was watching The Simpsons episode where the teachers go on strike.

Lisa: When employees go on strike, they incite change and can be more happier and productive at work.
Me: That's right.

Homer: If you don't like your job, you don't go on strike. You keep going in everyday, and do it really half- ass. That's the American way.
Me: That's right.

They both have a point, it really depends on what kind of person you are to do what action. If your job is really bad, and you have been pushed to the limit, then go on strike. If it's a mediocre job, then do it half- ass.

There was a clip where the bully Jimbo Jones is watching a soap opera with his mom during the strike. I forgot about that scene, and I don't remember ever seeing his mom on the show before.

Flashback: I remember the teacher's strike back in 2002. I watched Jerry Springer, and then I got really angry, and managed to quit. That's weird because it was really hard for me to quit Dr. Phil and Maury. Probably because Springer seems so fake, the guests seems like actors. I know with Dr. Phil and Maury, they're real people.

Jul. 10 Job news: I was talking to my dad about an article in the newspaper about a woman who was running out of job benefits. She used to be an administrative assistant who made $70,000 a yr and she's 56. She passed out over 1000 resumes. My dad said it's hard for her because she's old and won't be hired because she will most likely retire after a few years of working there. The companies don't want to hire her if she will leave later.

I don't know about her, but she will most likely not be able to find a job that pays as much as she used to be. She may have to settle for a job that's like $35,000 a yr. Right now, she should take any job she can get.

In the US the unemployment is really high, as for Canada it's improving and faring well.

No comments: