Wednesday, July 20, 2011

rant/ vacation/ license plates

Jul. 16 Rant: This morning my sister said she was annoyed that when I go through the newspaper classifieds, I cross out the job ads after I'm finished reading them. She told me to not do that months ago. She says that I should throw them in the recycle bin so she won't have to look at them (and get annoyed by it.) So today I did just that. Prior to that, I did stop reading the classifieds and crossing them out (in front of her.)

Then she asks if I finished using my perfume because she doesn't like smelling it. I didn't put it on around her today. When I do put it on, I go to the dining room to read the newspaper so she won't have to smell it. She had told me to stop turning the knob when I lock the door to leave. My grandma has said the same thing too. So today I closed the door, and turned it once. As you can see, I change my behavior, so I won't get nagged about it. Or I do the annoying things, just not around her.

However, I was going through this one newspaper looking for something. She had the A section which has the contents, but I didn't want to ask her for the section. I came back later after she was done with it so I could see the contents. I was ruffling through the newspaper.

S: What are you looking for?
Me: My horoscopes.
S: You're never going to go anywhere in life.

I'm ruffing through the newspaper and you go and diss me about something that's not even related to this situation. I don't go and diss her. I don't purposely do things to annoy her. I will admit on rare occasions I do, like put on my headphones and sing to my music while I'm in my room. She's in her room which is next to mine and hears me. However, she's mainly annoyed at me because I am myself.

Hard Candy: This was way back in 2006 when I first saw this movie Hard Candy about a sociopath 14 yr old girl who tortures a 32 yr old sexual predator she met online. I had written a movie review about it in my weekly email to all my friends. In it I said: "My nitpick is how the girl was this stuck up overachiever who kept saying: 'I'm an honors student. I can figure it out.'"

I didn't like it when she said that, not because it was repetitive. She only said it a few times in the movie. It was because it reminded me of my stuck up overachiever sister. Now I look back and think how it can come off to some people, like: "What? You don't like this girl because she's stuck up? What about the fact that she's a self- righteous vigilante who is torturing someone?"

Well that's my personal opinion.

Jul. 17 Saying: I was watching Heartland about a Alberta horse ranch. A line was: "For a horse, relief equals reward." I would say that also applies to humans.

I'm different: As a teenager and in my early 20s, I was more interested in having fun. I always wanted to watch TV and movies, but now I just want to do stuff. I know how to balance work and fun, but I feel like my free time should be spent more doing productive things like reading the newspaper, writing my script, and working on my blog.

Hobby: I think I may have read this in the horoscopes section a long time ago: "Do a hobby that relaxes you and makes you think."

Jul. 20 Vacation: I was on vacation for the past 3 days. I went to Calgary. On Jul. 17, my parents and grandma and I drove to Calgary. We left in the morning and got there by noon and we went out for lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Then we drove for 2 hrs because we had to find a relative's place, but it was hard to find. Coincidentally when we asked for directions, there was an Asian man who spoke Cantounese and was also from Edmonton who got there yesterday.

We drove a bit more, and then asked for directions from 2 other Asians and they lead us to the house. So people are nice. Also the neighborhood had a lot of Asians. We then went out for dinner at another Chinese restaurant with family friends, and I bumped into a friend's son. We haven't seen each other in years. The son asked me what grade I was in. I did say: "Look, I know we haven't seen each other in years, but I've graduated. I'm 25."

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him probably since I was in elementary school. We didn't even know each other's names. He's married and 34 yrs old. He brought his 2 and a half yr old son Jayden and 2 week old Nicholas. I said: "Jayden is the same name as one of Britney Spears son and the son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith." The name is a little trendy. I was then able to hold the 2 week old baby, though my parents were hesitant for me hold him. My grandma had her hands under the baby as I was holding him.

I don't know, I guess my parents don't see me as responsible to hold a baby when I'm 25. Well I never held a baby before until then.

Jul. 18: The next day, we had lunch at home. After lunch my mom and I went to the mall. We went shopping individually. It was like a 2hr and 15 min shopping trip. I haven't been shopping since last month with Leslie. I read the Calgary Herald. My uncle also had the book Freakanomics in his basement. I found it and read it. He told me I could keep it. At first I thought I could read it fast, and I did. But it's a really good book.

We stayed at my aunt and uncle's place for the first time. All those years since I was a kid, we always stayed at my grandparents' house until my grandpa passed away last year. The house is being renovated and I helped move some furniture. We went to the nursing home and it's really nice. We then had a barbacue at home. I haven't been to a barbacue in years.

Jul. 19: The day after that we moved some more things from my grandma's house. We went to another Chinese restaurant for lunch. We then went home and had to find the highway, that took some time. We were driving when it rained very hard. It was cloudy and foggy, and we can only see a few feet ahead of us on the road.

We then got home and made noodles. I was on the computer at my aunt and uncle's house for a few min. I couldn't access my email though, but I checked my blogs. No comments were made.

License plates: In Edmonton, I saw this one: "DECOR8T" (decorate.)

I was in the car a lot on my vacation, but in Calgary, I saw a lot of personalized license plates:

4SOCCER
GIRLIE 7
MASCAR
BRIAH
INEEDLE
AMYNAH
ROTEWGN
DOLFIN1

I really liked: "REDD2GO" (ready to go on a car is a good message.)

I saw a yellow car with the license plate: "NOTMELO." Oh yeah like: "Not mellow yellow." That's fun.

Job interview: Today I went to a job interview. It was like an hr to get there. I did some talking, but the interviewer did a lot of explaining about the job. She was Asian, and there were all these Asian paintings on the wall. It's the kind of thing I would see at a Chinese restaurant. You're probably thinking: "That's because you went to a lot of Chinese restaurants for the past few days." I go to Chinese restaurants for years, and a lot of them have those kind of paintings.

My dad told me the company was run by a Chinese guy. The job sounded really hard, and there are a lot of interviews to be done for the next 2 weeks. I won't hold my breath.

No comments: