Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post Secret/ Trust/ future self

Mar. 24 Post Secret: I found this on Post Secret:

"When I was 5 yrs old my mom made me report my dad for molestation even though HE NEVER TOUCHED ME. 3 yrs later he was denied custody and I was adopted by a man who did molest me."

"I lied in court to help a friend."

Trust: Today I was reading 24 and Clive Owen was talking about his movie called Trust. He plays a father who becomes a vigilante after his daughter was assaulted by an online sexual predator. CO actually met a couple who had a daughter who was sexually assaulted so he could do research for his role.

Here's the movie trailer. It looks really good. David Schwimmer (Ross from Friends) directed this movie. I think I'm going to watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhufUDjSKyQ

Sex crimes on TV and movies: I am interested in this topic. I watch Law and Order: Special Victims Unit for years since 2002. I started watching The Young and the Restless back in 2003 because of this online sexual predator storyline. It was also because I just graduated out of high school and I didn't have to go to summer school and I didn't manage to get a job. Soap operas are on everyday so it was pretty addictive to watch.

Though I haven't watched that since the one ep in 2008. I started watching Dateline because of there "To Catch a Predator" episodes. I have seen Dateline where they cover other topics, but it's not as interesting. I watched the movie Hard Candy about a girl who meets an online predator and goes to his house and tortures him.

I'm a fan of Oprah, but I didn't start going on twop.com until I saw her bring in Justin Berry, the guy who was molested over the internet.

Degrassi: The Next Generation's pilot was about Emma meeting a boy online, but it turns out it was a man. Then I saw Renegade Press, a Canadian teen show like Degrassi do a storyline like that too.

Mar. 25 Writing: I was reading an article about the Sucker Punch director Zack Snyder said he wrote this one scene in an unrelated screenplay in the 1990s. He wrote one scene and then he managed to make a feature- length script out of it. That's some good inspiration. I was going through my 3.5 floppy disks to see if they work and I did look over my old writing. I did write one scene for Rain yesterday.

Future self: I've seen this where Bart and Lisa see into the future when they graduate out of high school on The Simpsons. Professor Frink has this machine where he can see into the future. Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) guest- star. Future self Bart tells his kid Bart to not waste time.

South Park kind of did that too where Stan meets his future self, but it turns out it's an actor from a company called Motivation Corp. Then there's a Buffy ep where Xander meets his future self and that man tells him to not marry Anya.

If I can tell my 20 yr old self in 2005/2006 it would be this: "Tracy, stop watching Dr. Phil and Maury. You're going to get laid off Call Centre #1, so file for EI. You may qualify for it. I didn't at that time because I managed to get a job pretty soon. Though it was part-time so I may have still qualified to get some EI. Stop spending your money in 2005, and start saving as much as you can. Stop spending so much time on twop.com and start reading screenwriting books and write. Here's the plot to The Fighter."

That's some of things I would tell to my 20 yr old self. But I remember watching this Jessica Biel interview about her movie Next. That movie is about seeing the 2 min. into the future.

JB: I would love to see 2 min. into the future so I could avoid making mistakes. However, if I didn't make those mistakes then I wouldn't have learned anything. So maybe it's a good thing that I can't see into the future.

I have to agree with her on that. I wouldn't learn anything. But from the things I did learn with my 20 yr old self, I can apply that now. I imagine what my 30 yr old self is saying to me: "Tracy, you're doing a bang up job working at your job, and looking for an office job on the side. You managed to get an office job. It's also good that you kept your blog up because you got discovered. And here's the plot to Rain." lol.

Mar. 26 Celeb books: Last week I was at Chapters. I see that reality show star Whitney Port from The Hills and The City has a book about fashion. The Hills and Laguana Beach star Lauren Conrad has a book about fashion and her fictional book called LA Candy. The Hills star Lo Bosworth has a book about dating.

Alicia Silverstone, star of the movie Clueless has a book about vegetarianism. The singer Janet Jackson has a book about self-esteem. I was checking the book The Secret about the law of attraction. I read the sequel called The Power about the power of love.

In the teen section of the store, I checked out the book Go Ahead, Ask Me by Nico Medina and Billy Merrel. It's a fun book with questions that will get interesting answers.

Music: I was at HMV and I was listening to the TV show Glee's version of Michael Jackson's PYT. I like that song. Kevin McHale (the wheelchair Artie) covered the song. It sounds so good.

I was watching the TV show Being Human a couple weeks ago and they played the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules. It's an old song back in 2004. The video is really fun with the dancers making pictures. It's a sad and emotional song. Being Human played that song twice in one ep. Here's "Mad World":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

Mar. 27 Rant: Here's a mild rant. I'm supposed to meet up with this guy off the internet today. I said to this place, and he says to this other place. I go to the place he wanted to meet up. Always meet people from the internet in a public place. I got there and called and he said he'll be there. 15 min. go by and he says he's lost and I can't really help him by giving directions because I don't how to get there from where he is.

He is the one who told me to go to this place so I figured he would know how. Yeah, well I read my book and I didn't miss any TV shows or job search time.

No comments: