Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pamela Smart/ crazy story/ abortions

Mar. 16 Pamela Smart: In Oct. 2010, I was watching Oprah and she interviewed a woman named Pamela Smart. The story is that PS got her 15 yr old lover to kill her cheating husband, but PS says she didn't. PS says death is easier than life in prison. PS never used the technology on TV like the internet or a cell phone.

The 15 yr old boy Billy Flynn committed the murder, and his 3 friends also went to jail for 18-20 yrs. The jury wasn't sequestered for PS so there's a bias. PS helps the women in prison by teaching them. She also got two masters degree while in prison.

If she is innocent, I feel sorry for her. But hey, at least she's doing something productive and helpful in prison by getting an education and teaching other women.

20/20: I was watching 20/20 back in Oct. 2010. Nicky was born a boy named Justin. When he was 18 yrs old, he went from dressing up as a girl at night, to being a woman full- time. Then she went to a bar's washroom, and she was raped. She was HIV positive.

She lived her life hard and fast thinking she was going to die soon. She went on the Jerry Springer show and did the "I'm really a man" show. She said she was manipulated by producers, and was young. When she saw the expression on the man's face, she said she won't do it again.

I thought all the guests on Jerry Springer were fake and actors. Or at least most of them were. Looks like at least this one is real.

Crazy story: Here's another crazy story from 20/20 in Nov. 2010: This woman Candy meets a man and falls in love. Then it turns out he had murdered his parents and brother. He goes to juvenile hall for 3 yrs. He was 14 at that time. His name is Peter Zimmerman. He grows up and got out of juvenile hall and moves far away to start a new life.

C and PZ date. He cheats on C, C dumps him. PZ breaks C's air conditioner anonymously. PZ comes and fixes it. He harasses her with phone and email. C gets a restraining order and gets arrested.

PZ pretends to be C on a sex site, and a stranger comes to C's house. Thank God, C wasn't hurt. Remember how I wrote about that woman Sarah on Oprah? Her ex-boyfriend Jebediah Stype set her up to get raped through Craigslist. PZ is now in prison and serving 3 and half years for aggravated stalking. PZ wants $200, 000 from ABC network to sell his story. Yeah, well ABC went to Candy to hear her story. I don't know if they paid her.

Restaurant: The Chinese restaurant Mirama Dining and Lounge has closed down. I've been going there with my family for years. I'll miss it. There are still lots of good Chinese restaurants.

Brain Grade Test: My sister had gave me a whole bunch of magazines, one was called Mental Floss. It's about being smart. I went to the magazine's site and it lead me to a Brain Grade Test. It asked about how much coffee you drink, what you eat, how much exercise you have, etc. and gives you a grade. I got a B+. lol.

http://www.braingradetest.com/

Mar. 17 Law of Attraction: I was talking to my friend Angela about this on the phone, and she said it was more about being aware of the things around you instead of attracting it. Yesterday I was thinking about the movie Rebel without a Cause. Then I read in the Edmonton Journal, where a high school was throwing a play based on the movie.

Nuns: I saw this on Oprah yesterday. I saw this on 20/20 a year or so ago. There are 750,000 Catholic nuns. 60,000 are in the US. The average age of nuns is 28 yrs old. They can never have sex, possessions, or money of their own.

A Harvard graduate was a nun. She says: "A lot of people think I'm missing a lot of opportunities." Yeah, well do whatever makes you happy as long as it's not hurting anyone. Oprah's camera crew went to a convent in Ann Arbor, Michigan. There are no cell phones or computers there.

Crazy love story: Also on Oprah, she interviewed a 47 yr old white woman named Tracy who was raised in a 2 parent household. She was divorced twice and has a 13 yr old son from her 2nd marriage. She goes on a spiritual path. T goes to prison to perform an African dance and meets a black inmate named Joseph.

J never had a dad, and his mom went to prison for murdering his brother's dad. J was sexually abused in foster homes with his brother. J was 20 and he and his friend murdered 4 people in a drug house. J murdered 2 people so he got life in prison, no parole. J and T got married.

They met once when T performed the dance at the prison. One yr later, T went to perform a dance, and then they started dating like write letters to one another. T sounds like she's in love in the interview, and so does J when he called in on the show. J went into religion, pray and meditate.

J: I have taken responsibility for my actions. I want to be happy, I'm going to be happy. I forgave myself.

Mar. 18 Abortions: I was thinking about reading this in the Edmonton Journal awhile back, and also from 20/20 talking about the book Freakonomics. Since there is an increase in abortions, there has been a decrease in crime. There has been a huge decrease in crime in the early 90s, not because of strict laws. It was because abortions was legalized in NY in 1973, which prevent unwanted young men from being born and raised in bad environments.

I remember this time back in around 2005? It was when I still watch trashy shows like Cops. There is this young woman who was a prostitute. She was working as one because she was raped multiple times. One time she got raped at a party, and got pregnant. She had a baby and the only way to support herself and her baby was through prostitution.

I was like: "Give the baby up for adoption, because you obviously can't take care of it if you have to go into prostitution. There is open custody where you can visit and see your kid from time to time. You shouldn't put yourself in danger like that." I was 20 when I saw that. Now that I'm 25, I'm thinking: "So what were you thinking the entire time you were pregnant? That you would go into prostitution?" I think she may have been prostituting before she even got pregnant. I don't know.

Lookalike: I was watching Pretty Little Liars and I thought Spencer's mom Veronica (Lesley Fera) relatively looks like Mariska Harigitay on Law and Order: SVU. They have the same hair color, eyes, skin tone, facial features.

Lesley Fera:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1024313/

Mariska Harigitay:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002127/

Environment: While I'm talking about Pretty Little Liars, I like that last episode they showed three characters make coffee at home, and pour it in their thermos. That's good for the environment. That reminds me of Heartland. A character goes to a restaurant and has her coffee poured into a thermos.

No comments: