Sunday, November 28, 2010

money/ scam/ safety

Nov. 25 Money: Today I went to work and was there for 3hrs. My shift was cut short because it was so quiet. I also got a small amount of tips because I had a short shift and had to split with my other busser. Then money got good again because I got EI money deposited into my account.

Productive: I went home and went on the internet to look for a job. I only applied to 1 place, but I pitched my script to 28 production companies today.

Nov. 26: I got paid today from my restaurant job. Today I applied to 1 place, and pitched my script to 43 production companies. It was may day off so I spent 4 and a half hours on the internet working.

Nov. 27 Good writing: I have writer's block so I will analyze some good writing on other TV shows. It's November sweeps.

Hellcats: Alice sent her boyfriend some sexy photos of herself. It gets around the entire campus. A gets a talk from her teacher. A says she's not ashamed of herself. She then shows she's upset to her ex-boyfriend Lewis. That's good to show how she acts differently to each person.

I was watching MTV and I saw this really good PSA commercial about sexting. This naked teen girl with her privates blurred out was talking about how she was sexting. The lesson is: "There is a thin line between him and the whole school."

Criminal Minds: A family with mom, dad, son and daughter go camping. The kids get kidnapped in the middle of the night. The boy ends up getting molested off screen. The little girl runs away. The serial killer takes the boy into the city into this halfway house. He trades the boy to another pedophile for drugs. The boy is about to get molested again, but he fights back and runs. It was scary and dark, more than usual for this kind of show. Probably because it involves children.

The Mentalist: There's a scene where Agent Lisbon is talking to a sheriff on the phone. The sheriff then gets shot in the head, and that made me jump because it came out of nowhere. Another good surprise was at the end, the killer was set on fire. That was totally unexpected. There was no foreshadowing.

Law and Order: Special Victims Unit: There was a creative episode where this guy used this abortion powder to have sex with this girl, and then she will miscarry. The ep discussed how it's safe for poor people in Brazil to take the drug because it's cheaper than to have an abortion.

Veronica Mars: However, Veronica Mars kind of did that episode. VM has to figure out who slipped the RU486 pill in this girl's drink that made her miscarry. The suspects are the religious father, boyfriend, or guy she cheated on her boyfriend with. It turns out it was the girl's best friend who did it. The reasoning:

Friend: Did you really think either of those guys were going to be good fathers? 5 years from now you're going to be divorced with a baby to take care of!

Vampire Diaries: There was an ep called "Masquerade" written by the creators of the show Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec. It had good plot twists and unpredictable. Who would have thought that Caroline was playing the bad guy Katherine? Katherine was threatening Caroline, but the tables were turned because Katherine got trapped into a room.

Other twists was that when Katherine was getting hurt, so was her doppelganger Elena. Bonnie meets another witch and it turns out they were related. You keep thinking: "I didn't see that one coming."

Dream: I had a weird dream last night where I was 2 and a half months pregnant. I asked the female doctor if it's too late for an abortion and she said it was. Tyra Banks made an appearance in the dream, probably due to me watching her talk show about this topic.

Scam: I was watching W5 and they discussed about the "Grandson scam" where seniors are targeted and asked for money over the phone by their supposed grandson. Here's how to prevent that from happening:

1. Ask "Which grandson?"
2. Ask personal questions about him that only your grandson would know.
3. Call your grandson up and ask where he is and if he asked you for money.

20/20 did an ep last month, but about charities scamming over the phone. The host Brian Ross confronts one Guy. Guy tries to get away, and backs car and hits the one black car behind him. The neighbors were staring at him and dissing him because they didn't like him.

The black car owner wasn't even angry that his car got wrecked. Maybe he had insurance and there was proof on camera that it was the Guy who did it. Guy blames his ex- wife for taking all his money so that's why he's running the scam.

The scam was to send money to get $1 million. Federal Trade Commission and Make a Wish Foundation don't have sweepstakes. Police were raiding criminal call centres in Costa Rica and that's how the found the Guy.

West Ed mall: I went to the Waterpark giftshop, which I have never been to before. I went to Calender Club, I like looking at all those pictures in the calenders. I went to Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters which are the only stores in Edmonton.

I mentioned before that I am so sick of shopping, but I only went to those places because I had job interviews at the mall.

Nov. 28 Safety: I found this article in the Edmonton Journal last week: "Ad campaign targets men who prey on drunken women." I'm sure we all know the safety tips for women:

1. Don't drink too much.
2. Guard your drink and never leave it unattended.
3. Bring a friend.
4. When in doubt, pour it out.

The article mentions that: "In the first 6 months of this year, 52% of cases investigated, involving 153 victims, had alcohol as a factor."

One ad says: "Just because you help her home...doesn't mean you get to help yourself."

"Just because she isn't saying no...doesn't mean she's saying yes."

In men's bathrooms at 26 bars it says: "Just because she's drunk doesn't mean she wants to f---."

The last line of the article was: "This innovative SAVE committee believes that, as long as society directs prevention strategies at women, we all stop looking at what the real problem is- the perpetrators."

No comments: