Friday, March 19, 2010

poetic/ crazy news/ stay positive

Mar. 17 Poetic: I got an email from this guy on an online dating site:

"For each second life is a game of survival, with only thoughts of fiery kisses from thy satin lips keeping me alive

For I would spend eternity laying with you, gazing into thy carnivorous eyes and hearing the wind whispering your name"

Sounds interesting. However, I'm not interested.

Dream: This job loss is affecting my dreams. I, Mark and Young (old employees of the Soup place), and this Asian woman who comes in a few times at the Soup place were in it. We are all Asians and applying at Pho Bin's restaurant. After wards, I asked Young and the Woman: "What if I asked you guys to not apply there? Because you guys can get other jobs, and this restaurant is close to where I live." They said no.

Cut down: I'm on page 91 out of 220 pages of the 16 and Pregnant thread on twop.com. I then checked, and there are 299 pages of the spin-off show Teen Mom. I have to read that too. That takes a lot of time, but it's about moderation. Just read a page here and there and focus on important stuff like my job search.

Fun: Today is my first day off in two and a half weeks. I spent a good hour and half reading 16 and Pregnant thread, writing my weekly email, posting it on my blog, going on Facebook, and listening to music.

Joke: My sister was reading Cosmopolitan and laughs.

S: It says here that Shaun Sipos is the next Brad Pitt.
Patrick: Who?
S: My point exactly.
Me: He's on Melrose Place. He kind of looks like him, but younger.

Mar. 18 Crazy news: I was on Yahoo news and there's this woman who weighs 600 pounds and was in the Guinness Book of Records for being the heaviest mother in 2007. Now she's eating so she can get to 1000 pounds and be the fattest woman. The article talked about how she seems so determined and ambitious to be so self- destructive.

There are actually guys who pay to watch her eat, I think on webcam. That reminds me of this sketch on MadTV from years ago. This woman likes this fat guy.

Fat guy: You only like me for my body. You're a chubby chaser!
lol.

Job search: Today I applied to Marcelo's Deli- again. I applied there back in Jan. There was this ad in the Metro that said they're hiring so that's why I dropped my resume there again. The ad was also a coupon to get a free small cappuccino so that's why I went there. I saw an ad for this restaurant called Checkers on 10658 82 Ave. They're hiring severs starting $12/hr. I looked it up on Google and it's too far away. I read that Manor Casual Bistro is hiring servers. It's on 10109 125 st. I don't know how to get there.

Staples: I went there last week to recycle batteries, and I saw a job application. I asked if there are benefits and there are for full-time employees. You should check out their website www.staplesville.ca. It's so fun and cool. There's even an RRSP savings plan. I'm definitely going to apply there. I like working at restaurants, but I have to think of the future.

Luck: When I worked at the Soup place, I always thought that I was lucky. I had done interviews at other places in the mall and they closed down like: Convergys, Oriental Home, Things Engraved, Sunglasses Hut, and Where it's Art.

Actors: I saw a promo for Republic of Doyle and they got Victor Garber on (Sydney's dad on Alias.) It turns out he's from London, Ontario. Earlier, Robert Joy was on (CSI: NY). He's from Montreal. So that explains how this new Canadian show was able to manage to get these big actors come on, only because the actors are Canadian. lol.

Mar. 18 Rant: This is a mild rant. I was checking out my MacEwan emails and it said that my mailbox was getting too full and it wouldn't be able to accept any more emails. There's only 109. Last winter, the inbox could hold almost 300 emails. Now I must go through my emails and start deleting some.

I write a lot in my weekly emails/ blog posts, I do a lot of job searching, watch a lot of TV, and read the newspaper. The only other thing that I haven't been doing is writing my script.

Coincidence: The day I got laid off from the Soup place, in the morning I was talking to my co-worker Lisa.

Me: I'm trying to work as much as I can this month, because I don't know what it's going to be like next month.

I was thinking about another employee that was coming back from vacation, and I was taking over his hours this month. Little did I know that my line was going to have another meaning in the fact that we're going to get laid off.

Stay positive: I have to stay positive this time. Focus on the fact that I won't be living in the middle anymore. For months, I've been getting few hours at the call centre. It's all day by day if I will get a call in at the Soup place to take a shift. I want to work at a place where I will have guaranteed shifts and I don't have to call in and ask if I have to come in.

Ironically by staying positive, I should think about the negative aspects about this job. There's always one or two employees who don't show up for work, and miss one or two days of work a week. That adds more work for the other employees. It was kind of good when the call centre wasn't giving me any hours and I had the restaurant to work at.

I applied to Staples, Sunterra, and Grand and Toy today. I also called the call centre and talked to the manager. I told him I was getting laid off, and he said he can't give me any hours, because he's cutting down.

Correction: This was a month or so ago, but I just want to clarify this. I said my friend Sherry and I hope that the call centre will close down. Sherry wants to say that she expects it to close down.

Job security: I learned another lesson about job security, and not just that call centres aren't very secure because it's all being exported to India. lol. It's also besides the fact the stores I did interviews at closed down in City Centre, but there are lots of other stores that I didn't do interviews at also closed down. I was flipping through my mall brochure, and I crossed out a lot of places that aren't there anymore. Same goes with West Ed mall, there are always stores closing and opening there.

Inspiration: I think I got a little inspiration today. I was watching some of that TV show Flash Forward. A bad guy threatens the good guy into doing things for him by threatening to hurt his little sister. He has already hurt his dad, and his mentor. That's kind of what I have for my script Rain.

Action: It was a pretty cool episode. This SWAT team enters a warehouse and there's an ambulance. There's a bomb in it, and they run away as it blows up. Then later there's a gun fight. It was a good action scene. The good guy Mark drives his car back into this building.

Bad guys shoot at his car. Then a bad guy comes close to it. The car windows are covered in dirt and dust so you can't see Mark. Mark's foot goes through the window and kicks him in the head. I do have a nitpick. Why didn't the bad guy just start shooting through the windows? He knows Mark is in there. I'll give it points that it was unpredictable with the foot going through the window.

In the first part, I jumped at this one scene. A female agent opens the fridge door, turns around and there are these two guys in masks appear out of nowhere.

Pregnancy: Did you know that if you're on birth control pills, it affects your antibiotics if you're taking them? I was watching 16 and Pregnant, and the girl Lori got pregnant because her birth control pills weren't working because she was also taking antibiotics.

Blog: Great news guys, someone other than my family and friends read my blog. Anonymous made a comment about my Justin Berry segment. It's a huge article though in the link:

"The other and award winning less sensationalistic version of the Berry story."

http://debbienathan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/counterpunch-april-2007.pdf

1 comment:

Pallas said...

This is an interesting post.
^^