Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Andrew Young/ blast from the past/ funny and weird

Feb. 24 Andrew Young: He is John Edward's right- hand man. He is the one who took the fall for Edwards, as in pretended that he had an affair and fathered this baby. As you all know, Edwards was the one who had an affair and fathered the baby. Young and his wife Cheri pretended and went along with it to protect Edwards.

Young and Cheri was on Oprah discussing it, and promoting their book. It's got a mention of a sex tape. C says Edwards is naked and is doing sexual stuff to a visibly pregnant Rielle Hunter, whom Edwards cheated with. Young only took the fall for E, because E was like his best friend, and kind of a like a dad. Also E was his boss. Young and Cheri took the money to live in hotels and hide with their 3 kids, and Rielle.

This is some good inspiration for my script Rain. It's where Rain is forced and bullied into working for her boss. Edwards didn't bully or force Young, but there was a lot of pressure.

Funny: This guy buys a sandwich at the Soup place.

Jen: He's hot, admit it.
Me: I won't say he's hot, but he is good looking.
Jen: Oh yeah, I saw that guy that you like when I was at the mall.
Me: You mean Mark, the guy who looks like Kyle Gallner?
Jen: Yes.

Feb. 25 Cop Out: I was reading in the newspaper about those interracial buddy cop movies. Did you know Cop Out was with Will Ferrel and Mark Wahlberg? They didn't do the movie because of the pay, but they will do another cop movie later. The writers of Cop Out, Robb Cullen and Mark Cullen wanted to do a bromance movie as in two guys in a romantic comedy.

Dentist: That's weird. I typed about it in my last email, but it's not there. It's about I went to the dentist yesterday and afterward my mouth hurts. I had to pay $211 for it. I did save $55 for the x-ray because Dr. Wong cut me a break. I've been seeing him since I was a kid, and I guess he felt sorry for me because I'm not under my dad's insurance policy anymore. You have to be a student.

He told me to drink more milk even though I'm 24 and finished growing. I can still absorb the calcium. I got a free toothbrush and floss as usual.

Motivation: I got on the bus to go home and bumped into Sarah who I went to Professional Writing with. She got a job as this file clerk which is like administrative assistant. She didn't have to go to school for it. That kind of pushed me a bit to get that office job.

I went to Monster.ca and it said for you to read the business section of the newspaper. For example, a tech company winning a new contract could increase employment there. That reminds me of CityTV and CBC giving layoffs so I know to avoid those places because they're not hiring.

16 and Pregnant: I saw the ep with Nikkole and her boyfriend is a jerk. He is really disrespectful to Nikkole's mom. The mom retaliates by not letting him in her house, damn straight. That guy is so bad, he makes me appreciate Spencer from The Hills and that's saying a lot.

Since we're on the topic of teen pregnancy, I read in the Metro that Bristol Palin is going to play herself on Secret Life of the American Teenager. It's a crappy show. I feel like since there is so much coverage of teen pregnancy, it might actually in a weird way encourage it.

Feb. 26 Wal-Mart: My sister told me to apply at Wal-Mart. They have benefits. She said that I should work more, if not contribute more to the household by doing more chores. I was looking at my paychecks and I was getting 25-30hrs a week at the Soup place. I remember when I first started out, those were my hours. Then people come and go, and I managed to get up to 48hrs a week. I felt really overworked. It's not just the hours, it's the people who don't show up. There's usually one or two people who don't show up, and then I end up doing more work. I told the managers to hire one or two people, but they wouldn't.

Then I got a job at a call centre. Then they hire two new people because my being only there on the weekends forced them to.

Feb. 27 Blast from the Past: I bumped into my friend Sarah on the bus. She went to high school with me. She said she worked at Safeway before. She told me that Safeway has benefits if you work there full-time.

In the morning, Mark who used to work at the Soup place came by. He was picking up a T-4 for his wife Molly who also worked here too. We did some catching up. He's a dental technician and gets starting wage $17/hr.Then Patrick's friend Derek stopped by at the end of my shift. We chatted a bit. D says he got laid from his security guard job. He's now working with some contractors. Security guard jobs do get paid $15/hr.

I just emailed Sarah from the Professional Writing program on Facebook to see how she got her office job. Knowledge is power.

Feelings: I'm looking for the job positions in the Coast Hotels and Resorts. There is a food and beverage server, part-time. But that's a garbage job. I have to see if they have benefits. I have to be positive. In March, one co-worker will be going on vacation for a month. I will get all his hours. I hope he goes there, and stays there. I want his hours permanently.

I was going through my inspirational quotes and I read James Dean say: "Gratification comes from the doing, and not the results." I always say I feel drained. I go out and pass my resumes so I'm doing something productive. I'm getting exercise and fresh air by going out, however afterward I feel depressed. Isn't doing something productive and exercising supposed to make you feel good? I don't see any results.

I see some like an email rejecting to me be a pastry chef. A person emailing me and giving me info about a job. A woman called me from Direct Energy and told me about a job.

Job news: The Sicilian restaurant on Jasper Ave is hiring full time servers, and a part time bartender. If anyone is interested, go there. I applied there back in 2006 when I was working at Leger. I won't go there because there aren't any benefits and I got more hours at the Soup place now.

Psychic: This may sound stupid, but two psychics had told me that I'm supposed to get a office job in Feb. or Mar. 2010. Feb. is ending. So what happens after Mar. goes by? The window to get an office job expires? lol.

Feb. 28 Script pitch: It's the end of the month and I was thinking about my script pitch. I then checked my email today and the producer Casey Yip emailed me back. I emailed him two weeks ago on Feb. 16 and now he's replying. He said he will most likely get his two films produced by summer 2011.Then he can consider my new project. He said to send the script to him anyway, so I did. He told me to get it copyrighted and I did.

Job tips: I was talking to Nicole who comes into the Soup place. She works at the Sutton Place hotel.

Me: Are there benefits there?
N: Yes, only if you work full-time. You can apply for benefits if you work there for three months after that probationary period.

Mar. 1 Funny and weird: Today I went to Wal-Mart and applied there because my sister told me to. I also went there to pick up Paxil. I then realized that I have never went to pick up prescription drugs before because I was on my dad's plan. My dad always picked it up for me.

It was funny and weird because this is so normal for people to do, and I haven't done it before. It reminded me of The Simpsons where Mr. Burns loses his fortune and he rides the bus for the first time.

Mr. Burns: I'm riding on a bus.
Barney: Aren't you that guy who everybody hates?

Did you know there is such thing as brand name Paxil and generic Paxil? I didn't know that until today.

No comments: