Wednesday, March 17, 2010

crazy/ funny/ The Kingdom

Mar. 15 Crazy: It was kind of crazy today. I got laid................off. Psych! The Soup place is closing down at the end of the month. I thought up that joke way back in 2006 when I first got laid off from my favorite job Ipsos, the call centre. However, back then I was 20 years old and I didn't deal with it very well. If you remember, I embarked on an anger management problem. I would have never quit Ipsos, and I only left because they laid me off.

I would never have quit the Soup place. There's proof because I took on other jobs like the bank, Urban Planet, and the call centre, and I kept working there on the weekends. I know I can get another garbage job like Dollarama because they're hiring. I have worked at $1 store before way back in summer 2004. I didn't like it, but that's where I met my friend Sonia.

Job search: I can probably apply back to all the places I worked at. I applied to Ardene's a couple of months ago when my call centre job didn't give me any hours. I just emailed my old manager there if they're hiring. I also emailed my friend Lorraine who still works at the Grand and Toy and ask if they're hiring.

I'll apply to my old job Treats again. Maybe that Epcor location will be open by now. It was closed when I did an interview a couple months ago. Do what you like. Work at a restaurant. Also fight to get hours at the call centre.

Funny: Onto lighter stuff, I was watching Saturday Night Live and they made fun of those Broadview Security commercials. Cut to a Woman saying goodbye to friends at a party she held. She says goodbye to her friends and this guy. She puts away the dishes, and Guy kicks her door down. Then this alarm goes off.

A Broadview Security guy calls her, and asks if she's alright. SNL made fun of it saying: "Are you a single woman who lives in a five bedroom house? You need an alarm system."

Yeah well, my sister was watching it and she said Sarah Haskins made fun of it way better. I agree. Check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ7nBugejXs

Mar. 16 Job info: I asked Lorraine at Grand and Toy if they're hiring. They said maybe in April. I worked there in Mar. 2006 when I got laid off from Ipsos. I was mainly biding my time there for a month, until I got another job at a call centre.

I asked this woman at Winners if they're benefits if I work there. She said that's to be discussed in the interview. I emailed my old manager Dani on Facebook at Ardene's. She said she hasn't dealt with anything from that store in a year, so I'm on my own there.

I went on the internet and looked up Tonquin Inn. In 24 Classifieds, it said they're hiring a housekeeper and there are benefits. However, it's in Jasper, and I want to stay in Edmonton. I looked up Boston Pizza Namao and it's on 16521-97st. They're looking for cooks/ kitchen helpers F/P/T $10-15. It's too far away where I live. Borderline Sports Pub on 3226-82nd is hiring FT/PT servers, bartenders, and cooks. However, I don't really want to work at a bar.

There are other restaurants I can get a job at. I just called Pho Bin, this Chinese restaurant to see if they're hiring. I saw an ad of theirs before and they said they're hiring. However, I think I'll stay in downtown.

Joke: You guys are probably sick of reading about my job search. So am I. Let's move away from it. Here's an old joke I heard way back in 2003/2004. There was this actor that I like J Mack Slaughter. He was on the TV sitcom Like Family about a single white mom and her teen son living with a black family.

It was funny, and only lasted one season on the WB. Same goes for The Sharon Osbourne show where she had her own talk show. Slaughter was on Osbourne's show.

SO: So I heard prior to this show, you were in a boy band.
JMS: No, I was in a pop vocalist group. Just kidding, I was in a boy band.
lol.

Celeb gossip: Did you know that Mark Wahlberg only had an 8th grade education? He said that on a late night talk show. I think on Jimmy Kimmel.

You know American Idol winner Fantasia? She was on The Simpsons when they made a parody of that show. Lisa competes in a singing competition and Fantasia did the voice of another contestant. Well F was on Oprah last month. F canceled several Broadway performances because she actually had lung surgery.

O was the producer of that play.
O: How come you didn't tell me?
F: I couldn't find you!
They laughed.

Music: You know the singer Feist? I bought this cd by Kings of Convenience way back in 2004. The music is light and adult contemporary. I was listening to it, and then I noticed that Feist sang in a few of their songs. That is so cool. This is before she got really big a couple of years later.

Comedy: I've been watching the TV show Republic of Doyle. Jake Doyle often gets hurt a lot, like getting punched in the face. It's like Homer Simpson getting hurt for comedy purposes.

Pregnancy: I caught up on the 90210 episodes I missed. It turns out there was this character Sasha who lied about being pregnant to keep her boyfriend Dixon. Then it turns the boyfriend's mother figured out she wasn't pregnant. Sasha talked about having a sonogram when she was 4 months pregnant, when you get a sonogram when your 6 weeks pregnant.

A sonogram is where you hear the baby's heartbeat. I didn't know that. I talk a lot about teen pregnancy, but I don't totally know everything about it. S was also drinking coffee when you're not supposed to when you're pregnant. The mother tells S to stay away from Dixon.

It was a good storyline. S lies and says to D that she miscarried. Then eventually the mother was forced to tell D that S was never pregnant at all, because D still wanted to see S.

Fighting: I was thinking about that movie Fighting. The lead character Shawn is kind of a bad guy, but not so bad he can't redeem himself. He was selling fake Harry Potter books and doing illegal fights. A little shady, but a nice guy.

The Kingdom: A couple of months ago, I saw this movie. It stars Jennifer Garner, Jamie Foxx, and Jason Batemen. They work for the government and must investigate why there was a suicide bombing that occurred in an American facility in the Middle East.

Great acting, great story. There were explosions and gun fights. There's a little comedy thrown here and there.

Actor: I saw the series finale of Dollhouse. Victor and Sierra have a kid. When I first saw the kid, I thought he kind of looked like "Balloon Boy" Falcon Heene. They both had the dark hair and round face. lol.

Though it was good casting. Sierra is half- Asian and Victor had dark hair. The kid really did look like he could be their kid.

Mar. 17 South Park: I'm going to admit it. I've been watching South Park though I always say I'm trying to cut down on TV. I remember way back in 2002, I saw some it with Patrick. It's where one kid gets diagnosed with ADD. I totally predicted it, and then the doctor diagnoses the whole class with ADD. I left after that.

This show is kind of funny. I think I watch it so I can see how the episode goes. One night the Special Olympics episode came on when the Olympics were on last month, that's why I tuned in. Then they aired a Wall-Mart episode where they make fun of Wal-Mart. This show has had an effect on me because I found myself quoting from it. One night we had steak for dinner.

Me: What? Only 3 steaks? If we went to Wal-Mart we would have gotten 6.

I remember way back in 2006, I was watching Justin Berry on Oprah. JB is the guy who got molested through the internet. He said something about getting a webcam, and as soon as he came on, people started IMing him. I went on twop.com and someone wrote this comment:

"I'm sorry. But the whole time I was watching this I was thinking about South Park where Cartman writes 'I'm a 10 yr old boy' and everybody starts IMing him."

I told this to Patrick and he says: "No, it's 'I'm a 8 yr old boy looking for more older and mature friends.' And then everybody starts IMing him." lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://debbienathan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/counterpunch-april-2007.pdf

The other and award winning less sensationalistic version of the Berry story.