Sunday, February 7, 2010

job search/ psychic/ mix martial arts

Feb. 3 Job search: I got my mojo back. I applied to Safeway and Winners today. The woman at Safeway said that business is slow in Jan. and Feb. after the holidays.

I called Save on Foods back, and they said they were looking for people in Fort McMurray so forget them. They'll keep my resume on file. Treats never called me back. I did call them today, but I got an answering machine. It's time for me to move on.

Writing sexy: I thought of this a month back. It's where Rain hooks up with the bad guy. If she knows that he's a bad guy, but still does it, it would undermine her character. Unless she does it to further her goal. Or the bad guy redeems himself. Or just to make the story sexier.

I remember the TV movie False Pretenses where the lead character hooks up with a bad guy. After wards she learns that he's a bad guy so it doesn't undermine her character. The audience didn't figure out he was a bad guy until the lead figures it out.

I thought about The Fighter. I wasn't trying to write sexy, it kind of is.

1. The cast of characters will be played by hot actors. (The looks).
2. MMA is two athletic shirtless guys fighting. It writes itself there. (The action.)
3. There are a few sex jokes thrown in. It's not sexy, more funny and stupid. (The sound.)

You may be thinking: "Why are you thinking this?" I've been listening to too much Robin Thicke's "Sex Therapy." lol. Last night I was watching 90210 and Melrose Place about rich people doing fun and sexy things. Sex sells.

Writing style: In high school, I wrote about the supernatural and action. I watched a lot of Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel, Alias. I always try to write funny first. I never tried to write sexy.

Then in college, I don't write supernatural anymore. It's more action and drama. I write funny second.

Feb. 4 Psychic: I saw a psychic named Terri today. I only see one once every six months. Starting July 2009 when I saw one at Capital Ex. Psychic Nadia gave me a palm reading at $20 for 20 min. I went to the Russian Tea Room and paid $30 for 15min for a Tarot card reading.

Terri says I over analyze. Thinking and stressing doesn't achieve anything. I have an excuse, I analyze for TV writing purposes. It's good to analyze your feelings to see where you go.

I admit, I gave her a little bit by saying that a psychic Nadia told me I will get a office job by Feb. or Mar. 2010. Terri says I will get a office job real soon. It's there, I just have to go get it. I did tell her I work at a restaurant and a call centre. She says she doesn't see me at the call centre. I kind of know that myself.

Motivation: This psychic is supposed to give me hope. Now I just feel kind of anxious like where is the office job? Prior to going to the psychic, today, I went and passed my resume to Servus Credit Union in downtown. I did months before. Once in 2008, in 2009, and now. Third's the charmed. I talked to my dad yesterday, and he said apply to work at the kitchen in a hospital. A restaurant can close down, but a hospital won't.

Well maybe if there's a big malpractice lawsuit or it burns down. Then it made me think of random things like The Simpsons episode where Milhouse calls up Bart to go to an abandoned hospital. In Dexter season 1, the Ice Truck Killer holds his victim in one.

I also passed my resume to work at the kitchen, and two more office positions at the hospital in downtown. Now, an idea has come to me to work at the hospital by Kingsway. I remember my friend Sonia working at one when she was studying to become a nurse.

Feb. 5 Writing: I got motivated and wrote 14 lines for Rain.

CSI: NY game: I've been watching this show regularly since Patrick started watching it during the summer 2009. I play this game by myself and find patterns.

Sheldon getting too close to a case: I saw him do it twice. One where he met with a victim before she died for a few hours. Another where he is hunting down a suspect who had hurt one of his friends.

Actors from The Young and the Restless guest- starring: I just saw Daniel, JT, and Adrian from The Y and the R come on the show. Both shows are owned by CBS. I have read some actors say that they signed contracts where they can guest- star on TV shows, but only on the same network.

Music artists guest- starring: Nelly Furtado, Nelly, and Alex Band (lead singer from rock band The Calling). Now I'm getting a flashback of 2001. Ed the Sock aired the video "Wherever you will go" and cut it midway.

Ed: I can't believe I let this video go on for this long. I don't let that kind of crap play on my show. Look at the lead singer. Who is this guy? Nick Carter Jr.? Look at him.
Cut to the lead singer Alex Band.
Ed: It's Nick Carter Jr.

Yeah, I thought so too. I even remember in 2002 in art class, I was talking to my friend Chamnouer about it, and she says AB is better looking than NC. I find NC better looking than AB.

Comparisons: I was watching Flashpoint today and they get a guy who works a bank to go and transfer money for the bad guys. I then told Patrick I already seen something like this on another TV show. It's where bad guys take the bank manager hostage at home to transfer money. Working at a bank can be dangerous, and not just a bank robbery.

On FP, the ep "Remote Control" had the big brother being a criminal, and the little brother working at a bank. Big brother Michael was always a trouble maker, and when he was 17, he was forced to make it on his own when their parents died. The little brother Justin was 13 and taken in by his uncle. He had school and a home and turned out fine.

Justin is always taking care of his big brother by getting him out of his jam. The uncle only took Justin, because he had three kids of his own, and didn't want to deal with troublemaker Mike.

Economy: Earthwear Boutique has closed down in City Centre. It was there for a few months. The Book Outlet in downtown is closed down. I mentioned it before, there was a sign that said they didn't pay their rent for $40,000. It's now been replaced by Tips staffing agency. That's going to help the economy more than a bookstore.

16 and Pregnant: I was watching the Teen Mom season finale, and they advertised that there will be a second season of 16 and Pregnant. In the first season there were 6 girls. This time there are 10 more. Damn. I'm like: "I got to watch it. Teen pregnancy is bad." That reminds me of twop.com comment about how that there is this show, and it may tell girls to go get pregnant so they can get on TV. If you're a teen girl and you want to get on TV, act like an out-of - control teen girl and call up Maury and go on that show.

I did learn in the season finale, as Dr. Drew was listing statistics. 1 in 10 children in the US are born to teen moms. 1 in 6 girls will be teen moms. I am shocked. I know from a stat that was said on Tyra, that 1 in 3 girls will get pregnant before they're 20, but that doesn't mean that they stay pregnant.

Mix martial arts: I read in the Globe and Mail that evangelical churches are using mix martial arts to get men 18-34 years old to get into religion. You can check out website www.anointedfighter.com for more info. I was watching a little interview with a MMA fighter on Spike channel.

Guy: My friends think I'm crazy to go into a fight with short notice, and up against this good of a fighter. But look at me, I'm a cage fighter. I'm pretty crazy. Doing this makes me know that I'm more crazy.
lol.

No comments: