Wednesday, August 5, 2009

psychic/ funny video/ Tin Man

Aug. 1 Psychic: So I told my friend Sarah that I saw a psychic and she calls it all BS. Famous medium like John Edward is a liar, or so Sarah says. I remember watching a bit of one ep, only because AJ from the Backstreet Boys on. He was talking to his grandma through JE, and the grandma made a joke about alligators. It's an inside joke between AJ and his grandma.

I think I may have seen JE on Maury, back in the days when I used to watch it. S says that all psychics are fakes and scam artists. They are a good judge of character. Well then again, I only tried it once.

I remember this old kids TV show called So Weird. It was on Family channel way back in 1999. It was really good, it was about the supernatural. This girl Fiona went to see a medium to talk to her dead father. Then this man was trying to talk to his dead daughter Tina.

Medium (voicing the daughter): Daddy, it's me Tina.
Man: You're not my daughter.
Medium: Yes, I am.
Man: No, because I don't have a daughter.
Man gets up, and two police officers enter.
Man: Arrest him, and her. This guy is just a really good actor.

Then Fiona talks to the Man and it turns out he is a real medium. Except something tragic happened to him like his wife died. Now he's going around trying to disprove the fakes.

Funny video: I like Aubrey Graham from Degrassi: The Next Generation. He now is a rapper and goes by Drake. On Yahoo News, he collapsed on stage. It was funny. Well the song was coming on, and he was getting the audience all pumped up, then he stumbles and falls over. It's at the 34 second mark. After a few seconds, two crew guys come and carry him off the stage. When he fell, I was like: "Ohhh!" Then the song kept going. Then the camera pan to Lil' Wayne. Drake tore his ACL, but he says he's okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyUKNntx-z0

Teen pregnancy: I was telling my friend Ray about that girl who said: "I have the upmost respect for those young women who get pregnant as teenagers, and take responsibility for their kids." Ray disagrees. It would be different if it was something like the parents died or unfit to take care of the kids. Then it's usually the oldest sibling who takes care of the younger ones. I've seen this happen on Dr Phil and Oprah where they cover these people. The whole premise of the TV series Party of Five is where the oldest child who was in his 20s had to take care of his 4 younger siblings.

Aug. 2: Or in other cases where people have to take care of their nieces, nephews, grandkids because the parents can't take care of them.

I'm getting some flash backs. You know how I told you the girls on Maury are like: "I'm going to have a baby and you guys are all going to pay for it"? Well the girls are misbehaved. I remember years ago before 2003 (when I got into this show), I saw an ep where this 17 yr old girl gets pregnant on purpose, and her mom is crying. The girl acted like she didn't care.

Unlike the girls on Tyra are well- behaved. One girl says she really wants to have a baby. Then the mom talks, and she is crying. Then cut to the daughter and she starts crying too because her mom is crying.

Joke: I was watching Conan O' Brien and there was this little sketch about racial profiling. A woman calls 911.

Woman: There are two men trying to break into a building.
Operator: Can you see how they look like?
W: No.
O: Well what if you offer them hockey tickets, do you think they would be interested?
W: I don't know.
O: What if a John Mayer song comes on the radio? Do you think they'll change the station or listen to it?
W: I don't know.
I told the joke to Ray, and she didn't get it.
Me: They were asking if they are black or white.

Tin Man: There is this mini- series about the remake of The Wizard of Oz. Zooey Deschanel plays DG (Dorothy). She has these dreams of the OZ. Then the evil woman Azkadiellia rules the OZ. She then has to get rid of DG. Her henchmen come to kill DG, but then DG is thrown into the tornado and she goes to the OZ (Outer Zone). The first thing she sees is two suns. That reminds me of Flash Gordon. In the pilot, Flash and Dale go to the planet Mongo, and the first thing they see are 2 moons.

I just went on imdb.com and it seems that this mini- series came out in 2007, and I never heard of it. Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler from X2) plays the tin man guy Glitch. Well he's the advisor to the Queen before the evil Azkadiellia took over. Glitch's brain was taken out so he's kinda dumb and doesn't have a good memory.Then they meet Cain (Neal McDonough, Edie's husband from Desperate Housewives). He was like a cop in OZ. He's the scarecrow, I guess. Then they meet Raw, the lion. He has this ability to read people's past and future. This is a really good mini- series. Go watch it by renting it.

"The Babe Effect": I read this in The Globe and Mail. "The Babe Effect" means that men will do anything to keep a hot woman with them. They covered how Nicolas Sarkozy was jogging because his wife put him on this work out regime. They mentioned Orlando Bloom who doesn't want to do Pirates of Caribbean 4 because he wants to spend more time with his model girlfriend. That is stupid.

What people would say that these guys are whipped. They talked to a guy who's been with this hot woman for 8 years. He spends above his means, dresses the way she wants him to, etc. He says: "I do it because I know that if she leaves, she can easily get another guy to do it." I feel like these guys need some self- esteem, and self respect.

Aug. 3 Confessions: I'm going to admit something to you. I watched a whole Dr Phil ep a couple of weeks ago on my day off. The last time I saw that show was in Feb. 2007. I only watched the ep for research for my script. It's about two young men who are one mistake away from going to jail. I didn't get angry watching it, and I think Dr Phil did manage to help them.

Writing: Today is my day off and you know what I did? I went and watched a Secret Life of the American Teenager ep. I felt like watching one ep made me overdose on it. Then I had to go on twop.com and read people's comments on it.

Well I know how to not write from it. The comments were how the characters had the same conversation with different people. They repeated the same words funeral, sex, and car, throughout the entire ep. Yeah, there are a few funny parts here and there, but it's still a bad show.

Aug. 4 Stupid criminals: I read in 24 today that a 30 yr old man stole a Audi convertible. Then he fell asleep in it, and the police caught him. It occured in South Australia. lol.

Funny: My friend Maygen was talking about how there are good things happening to her.

Maygen: My fiance has gotten a $16/hr job driving people around, and I'm going to school this fall.
Me: Yeah, and you're working part- time here. "Everything's coming up Milhouse."
lol.

It's from The Simpsons. Homer floods the entire town so he could create art. Milhouse puts on these flood pants, and the water soaks his socks.

Milhouse: Wow, my socks are wet, but my flood pants are bone dry. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Aug. 5 Barack Obama: Yesterday I was watching Conan O'Brien.

C: Did you know that it's Barack Obama's birthday today? He's turning 48.
The audience cheers.
C: He says don't give him any gifts, just donate to his favorite charity General Motors.
lol.
I didn't know that Obama's bday is exactly 1 week before mine. We're both Leos in the Zodiac sign. lol. Also that reminds me my fave actor Eric Johnson will be turning 30 on Aug. 7.

Job search: I realized that I have sent out 98 resumes in 7 months and got only 1 call back. I passed out the revised resume that my friend Angela edited. I also focused all on office jobs. The Bank of Canada said that the recession is over. I don't know. I predicted it would end by 2010.

No comments: