Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Iron Road/ funny and stupid/ dance

Aug. 16 Iron Road: This is a great TV movie. It's about Chinese men working on the railroad in the 1800s. What's interesting is that Sun Li plays Little Tiger. She is a woman pretending to be a man so she could work. She is also looking for her father, after her mother died a long time ago. She also later falls in love with the boss's son James who is played by Luke MacFarlane. LM is handsome.

The first 2 hours is how Tiger wants to go to Canada to build a railroad. Each person will get paid $1 a day which is a lot back then. James's dad tells him to get 200 China men over to Canada to build it. James goes to China to talk to this old white guy to get the men. The old guy's assistant is Tiger. Tiger is also good with making fireworks.

Tiger gets into a fight with this mob boss. Later, mob boss comes and kills the old guy. James says Tiger will probably get killed if she stays there, so he lets her come with him to Canada. Tiger is a tea boy the entire time. They need to make explosives to blow up the rock so they could build the railroad.

T makes the explosives. Then at the end of Part 1 (2 hours), T reveals to J that she is really a woman. Cut to Part 2. J feels like she shouldn't be there because she's a woman. J keeps T's secret that she's a woman. Then 30 min. into Part 2, they hook up.
Then J's girlfriend Melanie shows up, so there's some tension there. J isn't interested in M anymore. They broke it off.

In the last 20 min., there is this huge revelation that totally suprised me. There is this Chinese Bookman who is the liason between the China men, and the white men. His story is that he lost his wife and daughter when his village was attacked. He has a scar on his face from it.

A white guy overhears T and J talking, and he learns that T is really a woman. T tells J, that her real name is Li Jun. White guy goes and tells Bookman, and shows him the family pic that T has. Then Bookman and I realize at the same time, that Li Jun is really his daughter. I was like: "Oh my God!" Then Bookman punches White guy in the face, Bookman runs over to the dynamite place.

Turns out one of the White men had cut up the rope, so it would give way and get one of the China men killed. T is sitting on that swing with the cut rope. Bookman is yelling out T's real name. He saves T's life, but he also gets hurt. B then tells T that he is her father. The White guy gets arrested.

Then T and J hug goodbye. Well T has to go home and bury her father's ashes. She will then come back to Canada to be with J, and keep making explosives.

At the end, it said due to historical facts, it's like 3 Chinese men died for every mile of the Canadian railroad. The Canadian govt. had made all these Chinese Canadians pay head taxes so they could come into the country. They got $23 million for it, way more than the railroad even cost to make. In 2006, the government apologized for it.

Aug. 17 16 and Pregnant: So today I watched the first half of an ep I missed where they profiled the girl Ebony. She and her boyfriend come from military families, and they both want to join the airforce. Then she got pregnant, and now only her bf can join the airforce, and he will pay to take care of the baby.

I then got this memory triggered from me. Her bf Josh had 228 unexcused abscences. He then pushed through and graduated out of high school. That totally reminded me of that time in gr. 12 and I was in Tiger Group. It was kind of like a homeroom where all three grades of 30 people met up once a week.

Miss D: Let's combine all our lates and absences together and we'll see if we can lessen it all together the next time we meet up. There is this guy Steve, who I was in gr. 8 homeroom with. He was kind of class clown. Miss D comes up to him.

Miss D: How many lates do you have?
Steve: 19.
Miss D was shocked.
S: Yeah well I still got a 92% in Math 31.

Funny and stupid: I was reading the Metro today and it talked about the strangest complaints that they got from employees. 2, 600 hiring managers did a survey for CareerBuilder.

Stuff that may conflict with the dresscode:
-Employee is too suntanned, has big hair, only wears slippers or socks at work.

-Employee breathes too loudly. (Yes, that can be annoying, but I think I'll have to be the judge of that. I'll have to hear how loudly they breathe.)

-Employee wants to check co- worker for ticks. (Sounds like someone is paranoid about getting ticks.)

-Employee spends too much time caring for stray cats around the building. (And what? Not enough time working?)

-Employee smells like road ramps. (How do they smell? If it's bad, then go tell them that.)

-Employee's aura is wrong. (This person complaining sounds like someone who's into New Age.)

-Co- worker reminded the employee too much of Bambi. (Don't like Bambi or the co- worker).

-Employee is so polite, it's infuriating. (Is that person Ned Flanders? lol.)

-Employee eats all the good cookies. (That sounds like what Homer Simpson would complain about, and so with the above line).

-Employee suspected co- worker is a pimp. (Well he is breaking the law if he is a pimp. I don't know what the evidence is.)

-Employee is trying to poison me. (That can be a serious offense if that person was trying to poison someone. Maybe put a camera up and get evidence.)

-Employee's body is magnetic and keeps de- activating my access card. (I think you need to study some science to see how access cards work).

-Employee is personally responsible for a federally mandated tax increase. (Well what's his job? They must work in government or something.)

Bank: In other news, in the Metro it said this: "Colonial Bank of Montgomery Ala., was shuttered Friday and its assets sold to BB&T Corp, marking the largest bank failure this year." This is the 74th bank closure this year.

Aug. 18 Dance: I saw So You Think You Can Dance Canada auditions in Edmonton. That girl Anna I was talking to there, she actually ended up getting to do Blake Bootcamp where Blake McGrath teaches the dancers choreography. Then at the end there was this big group of dancers who got into the finals, but I don't know if I saw her there. When I saw her there in the bootcamp, I was like: "Well it looks like she got further than I did." lol.

The guy who I see on the show, and he aslo takes my bus. He did get into the finals. Jamie the Ukranian dancer I saw, he did choreography and got rejected. There was this guy, Eric? Well he did Native dancing with hoops, did choreography, and got rejected.

This Asian girl wearing a purple shirt who did contemporary, got into the finals. I think I remember her because she was maybe the only Asian girl there besides me. She was also sitting on the row behind me and she was talking with one of the crew women.

Crew woman: Did you audition last year?
Girl: Yes.

Another thing that was memorable was this girl who did contemporary. Then she got into the finals and she was crying. She says: "This is so embarassing (crying)." Her dad hugs her, and he wipes a tear from his eye. Then her mom hugs her.Jokes: This reminds me of an old Friends episode years ago. It's where Joey lies and says that he's got years of dance experience in him so he can land an acting job. He teaches dance to all these dancers, and it's really bad. When the person in charge saw the dancing, he tells Joey to go and show them his moves.

Cut to Joey who looks like he's prepping himself to dance.
He then bolts out of the dance studio as fast as he can.
lol.

The other joke is that the other day, I was drinking some Vitamin Water. My sister saw me and said: "What are you? Gossip Girl?"

She's referring to the blatant product placement of Vitamin Water on that TV show. It's like Dr. Pepper being advertised on 90210.

I remember this old joke from the TV show War at Home. It's where the dad played by Michael Rappaport catches his teen daughter sneaking back in.

MR: I thought you were dead. Or worse.
Daughter: What's worse than death?
Cut to the Daughter pregnant.

lol. I thought so.

No comments: