Friday, February 13, 2009

resilient/ funny/ music

Feb. 11 Resilient: To describe myself, I would use the word resilient. After that year at Nait didn't work out, I still applied to college. Sure, I could say: "Nait didn't work out, don't bother going to college again." I looked at the experience positively. Same goes with working at a bank. The first time I worked at a bank, it didn't work out. I'm still going to apply because it could be better the next time around.

The first time I tried out this online dating, it didn't work out. I tried it again the second time, and I met John. I worked at the restaurants Espresso Cafe and Wok Box in summer 2007. Those jobs didn't work out, but I still went and worked at Treats.

I also took the Grammar for Writers class in the summer. I didn't get the required mark, and I had to take it again. I could look at it and say: "Maybe I'm not cut out to be a writer." But I took the class again in the fall and passed.

Feb. 12 Saying: It's like that saying: "You can't win, if you don't play."

To add to other examples that I'm tough is that I continued to go to summer school taking Pure Math 10 back in 2001. Big mistake. If math is hard for me, taking a whole year of math in one month is going to be even harder. I didn't pass, but I kept going because it's good to learn something. What else was I going to do? Stay at home and watch TV?

The next summer I took Social 20. I took Social 23 in the school year so taking the 20 course was like a refresher. At least I didn't have to do the UN Debate which is a lot of work. So ha, ha to the ones who took Social 20 in the school year.

I also stuck it out and worked at the $1 store for the whole summer of 2004. I hated that job. At least I made a lot of money, and made friends there like Sonia, and Mackenzie. There were a lot of shoplifters there, and I hated that. Then I talked to John, and this girl in my Writing program, and they both worked at $1 stores too. They both had a lot of shoplifters. The lesson is to never work at $1 store, unless you are really desperate.

Writing: Today I put up my English 101 essays on my blog. If anybody tries to hand any of my essays on their own, well teachers have this program that can detect if someone stole something off the internet. I'm not worried. I want to showcase my work.

I pitched my script to Avatar Media today. The guy emails me right back saying he's going to read it. I emailed back in August 2008 with my first draft. Now I sent him with my new draft and maybe this time, he'll say yes.

Shopping: Looks like the fast food restaurant Beijing Beijing closed down in City Centre. Well then again, there are still 5 other Asian restaurants in the mall to eat at.

Making the Band 4: I've said it before, TV influences me the most. Today was the third season of Making the Band 4. Sure, I like Donnie Klang, Danity Kane, and Day 26, but I didn't buy any of their cds. I only listen to their music on youtube. Unlike Making the Band with Otown, I bought the cd, the YM magazine with them on the cover, and spent $80 on two concert tickets when I heard they were coming to Etown. lol. Overall I spent $105 on them.

The same goes for S Club 7. I bought their first two cds. Though later I ended up donating those to the library some years later. Well their show was on. I did like S Club 7 in Miami and in LA. Those were the first two seasons. That show was funny then. I was 14/ 15 years old back then. Then when they were in Hollywood and Mexico, I thought the writing was poor. I will say the last three seasons, the production value was good. They used good cameras, and more money was put into it.

Funny: Yesterday this popped into my head. I was thinking about American Idol season 6 runner up Blake Lewis. Over the summer I was catching up on Madtv reruns and I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YPtbSh2uDo

The actress Arden Myrin was interviewing Blake. After less than a minute of talking, Blake pulls her to him, and french kisses her. She says "Woah!" My jaw dropped, and I started laughing. The audience says: "Woooohhh!" He is so hot. Way too forward though.

Feb. 13 Music: I've been at www.blakelewisofficial.com listening to his full- length album. It's pretty good. He does some beat- boxing on it. In his American Idol audition, and sometimes in his performances he does that too.

I borrowed the Demi Lavato cd from the library. She was in Camp Rock with the Jonas Brothers. Most of the songs on her cd are co-written by them. This is an average- to- good cd. It's got good pop- rock songs. I like the song "In the Middle."

Today I pitched to Liquid Crystal Films. I was going through my MacEwan email account and my professional yahoo account looking for old emails. It's to see if there are any job opportunities or companies I can work for. Liquid was looking for complete scripts from 2007. I didn't complete any scripts back then, so I never emailed them. Well now that I got a complete script, I emailed them.

Dollhouse: So I finally got to see the pilot of Dollhouse. I've known about this show since last summer. If you don't believe me, go to my blog and you can see that I was writing about that show. It's great, the writing, story, and actiing was good. It has the Buffy creator Joss Whedon, Buffy actress Eliza Dushku as a star, and a producer, David Solomon (Buffy producer), and Tim Minear (Angel producer), and Amy Acker (Angel actress.) I recommend you all watch it.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow so I'll say what Marge Simpson said: "Happy Love Day!"

No comments: