Monday, February 23, 2009

fun/ positive/ music

Feb. 21 Fun: After I got home from work, I watched the last half of Flash Gordon (starring Edmonton actor Eric Johnson). Then afterwards I found out the last half of the 2006 TV movie Obituary is on. It stars Craig Olejnik (star of the new show The Listener). I saw this movie back in 2007 and really liked it. Then I saw it again last summer. And now it's on again. Well I'm watching it and flipping between W- Five and surfing the net.

Obituary stars Melrose Place actress Josie Bisett. She is also on the crappy show called Secret Life of the American Teenager, playing Grace's mom. Anyway, JB plays Denise Wilcox. She was in mental hospital because she attempted to commit suicide when she was a teenager.

Now she is a journalist, and she writes obituaries. She starts getting these messages on her computer that predicts the future for her like the death of someone. She starts investigating. Eventually the police become suspicious of her when it looks like she's behind the murders. She also thinks she may be going crazy too. Later it turns out Luke (Craig Olejnik) was the one who orchestrated the entire.

Luke met Denise when they were in the mental hospital together. He was younger than she was. It's been several years since they met. D doesn't remember him, until towards the climatic ending. D figures it out by finding this locked room in the basement, and the computer he uses to send her the messages supposedly predicting the future.

This movie totally reminds me of the script I wrote for my Outlier pilot back in 2001. Well Obituary did it way better. Outlier had a character Lance chat online to the character Corey. Corey investigated the messages. It was more supernatural. Obituary is totally based on reality. It had a little bit of a supernatural element. I recommend you all rent out dvd. It's a TV movie, but I did see it being sold on the internet.

Feb. 22 Writing: Conni Massing emailed me back and she said that she will read the first 25 pages and that's it. Well it's better than nothing.

Rant: Here are my mild rants. I read that Geri Halliwell aka Ginger Spice is engaged after she knows this guy for a few months. She says she will be in for a long engagement. I am annoyed at people who get engaged without any intention of getting married. TV influences me the most and I remember Red on That 70s Show saying: "Oh what huh? You think getting engaged is something you just do? Well c'mon start planning the wedding."

I am also reminded when I was channel surfing a few years ago and saw Pam from The Office saying: "I've been engaged for three years." That annoyed me, but at least it's a fictional character. I remember back in 2005, I was talking to Kerri from my Arts and Cultural Management program. She said she was engaged, and I told her about how I don't like people who get engaged without any intention of getting married.

Kerri: Well I think guys propose, so they could kind of take the girl off the block.
I think she meant so the girl isn't available, and is taken.

Well sometimes it's good to have a long engagement. Then after awhile, they can back out of it before going through a divorce. Remember when Jessica Alba was 18 and engaged to Dark Angel co-star Michael Weatherly who was 32? They had chemistry on and off- screen. Well I thought she was too young to get married. It's not until she was like 26, and got pregnant, and then got married to Cash Warren.

Same goes for Paris Hilton. She was engaged at 23 to a guy named Paras. Then the engagement ended and I was happy. Getting married before 25, isn't really good.

Post Secret: On www.postsecret.blogspot.com, there is a postcard that said: "If I could talk to my eight- year- old self I would tell him that 'Things will get easier. I promise.' (It took 16 years, but I am finally at peace with myself."

Then someone emailed saying: "If I could talk to my eight-year-old self, I'd say, "'Give up watching TV right now. Your life will be fuller for it.'"

That must be a sign. Well I went to Rogers Video to return The Dark Knight. Then I went home to see what was on TV. There was nothing new because the Academy Awards is grabbing all the ratings. I then went and buckled down and worked on The Hunter. I had jotted all these ideas down on scrap paper, then I went and typed it all up. I then printed 15 pages of writing out so I can read it clearer instead of having a bunch of scrap paper.

At work today, I didn't really write. I spent nearly two hours grating cheese to be used for the cheese toast and tuna melts. I grated enough that it will last for a week and a half.

Confessions: Last week I tuned into the Tyra Banks show. It wasn't an ep about teen pregnancy or prostitution which is the only reason I watch it. I tuned in because the cast of Secret Life of the American Teenager was on. Yeah well, CityTV doesn't air it anymore. Though I was on twop.com reading what's going on in the eps. I might as well spoil myself and then watch the show when it comes on dvd.

Positive: I found this quote in Job Classified: "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." -Albert Schweitzer

I must remember this quote when I'm looking for a job. I must keep a positive attitude. Right now I'm thinking that the economy is bad, and I probably won't be hired anywhere. My resume is fine and all, but will that get me a job? I must try. Pass out your resumes. Keep on moving.

Feb. 23 Music: I borrowed the Jordin Sparks cd from the library. I was indifferent from her three singles like "No air" feat. Chris Brown. She has a couple of dance tracks on her cd. It's mainly ballads. She has a good voice, but I'm not really interested in her cd.

In other news, Rihanna's cd sales have increased, while Chris Brown's cd sales have decreased about Brown allegedly beat up Rihanna.

Movie: I was reading the movie review about Fired Up! Two jocks go to cheerleading camp. I read it in Globe and Mail, about how Nicholas D'Augusto is 29 years old playing a high school kid. He was actually on Heroes last season as Claire's love interest. He could fly on the show. I didn't know that until I looked him up on imdb.com. Then in the review, Eric Christian Olsen is 31 years old. Days go by.

I remember when he first came out in 1999 on the TV show Get Real which starred Anne Hathaway. I remember seeing him in a Smallville season 1 ep.

Here's another rant. I know there's a new movie called Dance Flick which is a spoof movie about dance movies. There needs to be less spoof movies because that's all that keeps coming like four Scary Movies, Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Superhero Movie, and Epic Movie. Stop making spoof movies, and start being more creative. You can get all these parodies from watching sketch comedy shows like MADtv and Saturday Night Live.

News: I was reading the Edmonton Journal and "JWT'S Mack refers to this effect as the 'paradox of thrift,' remarking that 'the more people reel in their spending, the worse the economy will get, which will inevitably hurt individuals even more.'" However, some have to stop spending especially when they lose their job.

I remember what Ed the Sock on MuchMusic said back in 2001, after Sept. 11: "You should be like Betty and Wilma from The Flinstones and 'Charge it!'" Something about how we should all keep spending to help the economy.

No comments: