Friday, February 6, 2009

job/ funny/ the truth about liars

Feb. 4 Job: It was good today. Right before I was going to go to work, ATB Financial called. She asked what position I was looking for, what my experience is, and if I'm looking for full- time or part- time. I said I was looking for full- time, but be willing to take part- time. She said due to the economic downturn, she is at the moment looking at resumes, and seeing if there are any positions available, she will hire.

Joke: I see that Calender Club has now closed down. Well it is February. I am then reminded of The Simpsons where the Chief Wiggum, Lou, and that white cop were eating at a Krusty Burger.

Lou: I was in Shelbyville and they had a McDonald's which is like a Krusty Burger. It turns out there are thousands of locations.
White cop: It must have sprung up overnight.

Calender Club is a store that sprung up overnight in November, and closes down by February. lol.

Saying: Today I was reading my horoscope in 24 and it said this: "Sometimes we walk down a road not realizing how much that experience really has shaped us to get closer to our destination." -Tribune Media Services

Good: I read in 24's poll: "Now that you know that a Alberta woman is on The Bachelor, does that make you want to watch the show?" I can't remember the exact numbers, but 90% said no, while 5% said yes, and 5% said they don't watch TV. Yeah, take that you stupid show. I hope you get cancelled already.

I only watched Smallville because Edmonton actor Eric Johnson was in it. I'll watch something if it actually showcases some talent.

News: I read that Michael Phelps was caught smoking pot. I don't approve of it, but I'm sure he feels really guilty about it, and won't do it again. He has already apologized. If later down the road he ends up smoking pot, then I will know that his apology was not sincere.

Feb. 5: Today I told my dad that ATB Financial called. That shows some progress in my job search.

Writing: I'm working on The Hunter. There is a scene in the beginning where the character Julie is in this unknown place with hospital- like atmosphere, and she tries to escape. That reminds me of Wolverine doing that in X- Men. I also remember in Gingersnaps 2, Bridgette wakes up in this rehab facility and tries to escape. Maybe I am unoriginal with that scene.

Feb. 6: I was looking over Hunter, and then I found a couple of lines that I wanted transfer to Fighter. That has happened before. I had one scene in Garret and Julie transferred to Fighter too.

Funny: So yesterday my sister said she read my blog and thought it was stupid like how I say "I relapsed by watching Cheaters." I treat bad TV like an addiction. I had quit that show, and then I saw it which is a relapse.

Me: Yeah well you laugh at my stupid jokes.
S: No I don't.
Me: What about that time I told you "So the other day I bought a box of condoms because my last one was expired"?

It was back in 2003 when I told her that joke, and she tried to hold back her laughter but she did snort at that which counts as laughing.

Or that other time at dinner. S was talking to Patrick.

S: If it wasn't for me, you'd still be wearing sweatpants.
Me: "I used to wear sweatpants up until I was in grade 9. I also wore suspeneders too so people won't pull them down."
S starts laughing, but uses her chopsticks and bowl to cover her mouth. Well you can still see that her eyes are laughing.
S: Where's that from?
Me: Street Cents. Andrew Bush was ranting about Levi's jeans that have these yellow lines on the back pockets that don't do anything. Cargo pants have these big pockets so you can put a bunch of stuff in them.

I remember this one time in 2004.
Me: This girl Vivian at youthone.com says I should write an article for the website because I think up so many polls for them.
S (excited): Wow, that's so cool. So what are you going to write about?
Then I got this flashback of earlier that week we were watching the old TV show Ghostwriter, where Jamal asks Rob that. I then quoted what Rob said.
Me: Uh, I don't know. Something along the lines of why "Some people run track."
I also did the hand movements that Rob did.

S burst out laughing and hits her hand on the table.
S: Shut up!

Ghostwriter: Damn it, now I'm on youtube and watching old school eps right now when I should be doing something more productive. Yeah well at least now I don't have to try to get the videos or dvds. I then watched the whole "Am I Blue?" mystery about Gaby who is a fan of Galaxy Girl which is a TV show. When it looks like she stole this prop from the show, she and the Ghostwriter team have to clear her name.

I know my sister had a crush on the character Alex played by David Lopez. I liked Rob (Todd Alexander) because he was the shy, quiet guy who likes to read and write. The male version of me.

The Truth about Liars: This was on Doc Zone last night. 50% of us lie to our loved ones. 77% of us lie to strangers. It is mainly to make ourselves look better, and to spare people's feelings. I will admit this one guy on the bus tried to talk to me back in 2005. I then said: "No English" to him so he wouldn't talk to me.

I don't usually lie to strangers. I remember this time in 2004, I met one of my dad's friends.

Guy: What are you doing?
S: I'm in 4th year university studying business.
Guy: That's good.
Me: I'm going to Nait.
Guy: That's okay.
Guy leaves.

S: Ha, ha he dissed you.
Me: Yeah well don't people say when they learn you work at Holt Renfrew, they say "That's bad."
S: No.

Well I know I could have easily lied and said that I was going to university. I told the truth because I don't care what he thinks. I'm probably never going to see him again, and he has no effect on my life. If I lied, he could go tell my dad: "So your two daughters are in university?" My dad would correct him and I would be caught in a lie.

There was that other time in 2006, I was on the bus and these two high school girls walked by and stepped on my shoe. She apologized and sat by me. We had a good conversation.

Girl: So what grade are you in?
Me: Actually I already graduated.
There was this sort of embarrassed and awkward pausev that she made a mistake.
Me: Oh that's okay, I get that a lot.
I could have lied and said I was in gr. 12 at McNally. But then she could say: "Do you know so-and-so?" Or she could actually go to that school. I could lie to avoid the awkward pause, but whatever.

They also talked to this woman that makes false phone records, hotel records, meeting agendas, so it looks like someone is on a business trip. They talked to a guy without showing his face that he uses that company so he could get away to see his lover and cheat on his wife. Man, that is so unethical. I can't work at a place like that. That's worse than staffing agencies.

Search: Today I dropped off my resume to 11 places. One to be a journalist at The Journal. The other at CityTv to be a TV writer. The others were at banks.

I did a lot of walking in downtown today. I went home and took the bus. I sat by this girl Stephanie who I used to work at Xcetera with before I got fired. She came by the Soup place awhile ago. I told her that I was on my 9th month working there. She said she quit Xcetera at the end of the summer because she didn't like the management.

Me: Is Jing still working there?
S: No, she got cancer. They fired her for that.
Me: Seriously? Well she probably had to go to chemotherapy.
S: Yeah, she was a sweetheart.

Damn, life is precious. Then I thought about my friend Angela's brother who had cancer. Then the times I've donated to the Alberta Cancer Foundation. My co-worker Cameron said that at his school, they are selling carnations for Valentine's Day. Each one is $3 and will go towards the a cancer charity.

No comments: