Tuesday, February 10, 2009

coincidence/ dollhouse

Feb. 7 Coincidence: There were quite a few coincidences today. I was on the bus and it went over the bridge. Then I got a flashback of 2004, where Patrick's friend attempted to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge. He landed in the hospital. A couple months later he hung out with P at my house. P visited him in the hospital once a week on the weekends. Then today someone told me about jumping off a bridge.

Later I was waiting for the bus, and then I thought about that Stacie Orrico song called "Instead." It's about a homeless guy in the first verse. Then this homeless guy asks for money because he needs $30 to sleep in the Salvation Army. I gave him $2 and when he asked for more, I said no.

Then I got home and was emailing my friend Sherry back. She said that there was some commercial for a dating service for people who aren't single. I mentioned Ashley Madison dating service and how I know about it. Ironically, the commercials aired during the TV show Cheaters, which is about catching people cheating on each other. Weird. Then I was listening to the radio, and the DJ was joking about Ashley Madison. Three coincidences in one day is wild.

Feb. 8 Job: I read in the Globe and Mail a couple of weeks ago called "Daylighting." Moonlighting means working at a day job, and on the nights and weekends, they work at another job. Daylighting means at your day job, you're doing another job that you aren't really supposed to be doing. Well on Sundays I do that. It's so slow at the Soup place, I am writing my script when there are no customers.

Ever since I started working on Sundays, I'm now working 45 hours a week, instead of 48 hours a week because Sundays are shorter work days.

News: I was watching a story on Yahoo news about this 32- year- old New York woman who lost her hands and feet. It was because she went to the hospital because of her kidney. They sent her home with a prescription med. Then the infection spread to her whole body and she lost her hands and feet. She is engaged and has two kids. She can still hold her baby.

Her family, and friends, and fellower New Yorkers supported her. She says she gets bad days and if you have a bad day too, then close your eyes and be thankful that you're alive.

Dollhouse: Today I read in the Journal and they wrote two articles about the new TV show Dollhouse which is also from the Buffy creator Joss Whedon. It comes out this Friday on Fox.
Here is the description from imdb.com:

"The show follows an organization that employs mind-wiped DNA-altered humans known as Dolls who are implanted with false memories and skills for various missions and tasks. When they are not 'at work' they are living in a real life Dollhouse which gives the show the name. One of those mind-wiped humans, a young woman named Echo, is slowly starting to become aware of herself and what's going on - all the while somebody on the outside is trying to bring the Dollhouse down while getting closer to Echo - possibly not aware that she is one of the Dolls he is after."

Journaling: In Short Fiction Forms class in 2007, this writer came in and talked to the class. Every day is the same. Journaling makes you notice details and you will notice that there is color in your life. That's the point of the blog/ weekly emails.

You know what's interesting? Is that I didn't really start that blog until after I finished college. It really began after I graduated out of college. Now I can look over the months and see what I have possibly done since I graduated. To cram it in a nutshell I have worked four jobs.

I want to prove that I do stuff and am going towards something. Sure everyday it's the same. I go to work, I go home, and watch TV, go on the internet, write. By this blog I can read it and see that there may be something missing. I remember a post that said: "I realized I haven't been writing much. I've been busy. Doing what? Reminiscing about boy bands from the late 90s and early 2000s, that's what. lol. I've been working, looking for another job, and studying for my learner's permit."

Rant: Here's a mild rant. My sister gets angry when I say things. Then she goes on my blog, reads it, and then gets angry. If what I say annoys her, then it's pretty obvious what I write will annoy her too.

I might as well throw this one in too. I was reading Metro a couple of weeks ago and this writer wrote: "Dr Phil is an overweight author who writes diet books." lol. Well then again I remember back in 2006, my friend Angela said something about how he counsels people to lose weight when he's overweight. Or was that Angela's mom?

Anyway, here's what some people could do: Go to a bookstore, write a note and leave it in all of Dr Phil's diet books. The note should say: "Why are you buying a diet book written by an overweight author?" That might decrease sales.

Writing: I've been working on Hunter the whole day today. I think I overdosed on writing about supernatural things. I've been writing about that from 1999-2002. It was strongly influenced by watching Buffy and Angel. Then I got into Dark Angel and Alias, and I wrote action.

Feb. 9 Review: I borrowed the Snow Patrol cd last week from the library. It has well- written lyrics. It's adult contemporary and it's kind of boring. It's slow and calm music. It's not bad, but I'm not interested in it.

Let's move on to magazine reviews: I read through my sister's old Flare magazines that she somehow got a free subscription to. It's a Canadian fashion magazine. I like that there are some celebs, and mainly fashion. There is very little insightful articles. It's average. Self is actually a good magazine. Good articles and pics. Shape is a women's fitness magazine and it's average. I'm not really interested in it.

Fun: Today I had a Law and Order: SVU rerun on the TV as background noise as I was on the computer. Then I squealed with excitement when I saw Will Arnet on it as a bad guy. He played Gob on Arrested Development.

Search: I emailed my resume to Avenue Magazine today.

Feb. 10 Headphones: I was going through my financial records and I keep track of everything I spend. I notice how I had to buy a new pair of headphones because Patrick accidently wrecked mine when vacumming. This happened back in June 2008. I then told P about it.

P: Yeah well remember that time you knocked down my Pepsi can, and you didn't pay me back for it. You just put it in the sink. Fine, I'll pay for your headphones.
It cost $15- something, but he gave me $14.25 for it. He took the dollar out of it since I didn't pay for the Pepsi can. lol. I was going to give him $1 for it when he gave me the money for the headphones. It looks like we think alike.

Movie: I saw Thi13teen Ghosts again on Space Channel on Friday. I think I saw it twice before, but I did miss the first half hour. Well at least I got to see the whole movie in it's entirety. Well I watched it for JR Bourne who played the lawyer. I'm getting a flashback of 2002. On my 17th bday, Leslie and I went to Rogers Video to rent out a movie. First we tried to rent Cherry Falls, a horror movie. It was rated R, so we couldn't get it.

Then we tried to rent Thir13teen Ghosts, and we couldn't get that either because it was also rated R. Then we settled on Groove, which is a movie set in one night at a rave. It was an average movie. If you like listening to techno music, check it out.

If my memory serves me correct, I remember S was on the computer and she was registering for a class. After we saw Groove, we put on my The Matrix dvd. Everytime S got on the phone, I lowered the volume.

L: You're nice to lower the volume when she's on the phone. Unlike my brother, when I'm on the phone and I tell him to lower the TV, he says: "Screw you."
lol.

No comments: