Wednesday, June 25, 2008

news/ funny/ charity

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25, 2008

news/ funny/ charity

Jun 21 News: I read more about the 17 girls that got pregnant at this Massachusetts high school, it's like 7-8 of them were the ones who made a pact to get pregnant. I read some more comments on the news. Then I said out loud: "This is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard." I didn't know it, but my mom was in the room and asked what I was talking about so I explained it to her.

Jay Leno did make jokes about it like: "What is this? Juno, the Homebased Game? Now you know who won't be voted for "Most likely to succeed." One of the guys who got the girl pregnant is a 24yr old homeless guy. I didn't know K-Fed was there." It's confirmed in the news that there is a 24yr old homeless guy who did get a girl pregnant. Damn.

Once again the article mentioned Juno and Jamie Lynn Spears and how they glamorize teen pregnancy, but also said it doesn't because in both cases it was unplanned. A comment was how they should do a story on the girls and the kids 5yrs from now. I do remember a good ep of the tv show 2gether that was a little PSA. It was about a boy band and they get sued by this woman because she listened to a song of theirs, and she got so turned on, she had sex with her boyfriend and got pregnant.

2gether meets the woman and invites her to stay with them after she tells them her boyfriend dumped her because she got pregnant. The record company paid her $80 to not sue and most of it went to the lawyer. Then Mickey says he will be the father to her baby. Later Doug ( a middle- aged dad) says at the party: "Good luck to Mickey, because he's really going to need it. He doesn't know anything about raising kids, paying child support, insurance, and mortgages."

Cut to a shot of Mickey acting shocked. In the ep Chad and Jerry try to find the father and convince him to step up and take responsibility. The bad guy comes in.

BG: Yeah I was thinking about what you said, and I decided to step up and be the father. So who's the girl I got pregnant?
The pregnant woman comes in.
PW: Oh hi there, I don't believe we ever met.
The good guy comes in.
GG: I'm so sorry for dumping you, let's get married.
lol. It was good because it was aimed at teens and to show how much responsibility it is to be a parent.

Jun 22 Funny: I got a flashback of 2001 when I showed the 2gether tv movie to Leslie on dvd. I remember all the comments she said during it. I knew she laughed at this part because it made a reference to her favorite movie.

Cut to Bob Buss who found Mickey (Alex Solowitz) at the skatepark to be in his boyband.
Bob: You'll be the bad boy, a rebel.
Mickey: Yeah, a rebel like that dude in The Matrix.

Cut to 2gether meets their rival boy band Woah and Mickey starts a fight with the other member of the band.
Leslie: Looks like Backstreet Boys and Nysnc.
lol. I never saw it that way.

Cut to the end of the film and after Woah was exposed that they lip sync and was booed off the stage. 2gether took the stage and it said "Wait- what happened to Woah?"
L: I was just thinking that.
I didn't think of that when I first saw it.

Music: Since I'm discussing old music, does anyone remember Vitamin C? She sang the "Graduation" song.

Here's "The Itch" video. I like it. It has Mila Kunis and Kirstin Dunst in it, because VC made an appearance in the Get Over It movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIOu9T1uOl8

Here is VC's "As long as you're loving me." It sounds like a wedding song. That's what my sister said, and I have to agree with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuEl-Vd_XII&feature=related

City Centre: There was this small store called Bizou that sold jewelery, then it was replaced by Okus Xccessories, than that closed down. I wished that the Second Cup beside it would expand and take over that small store. My wish came true and right now they are renovating it.

I applied to Helly Hansen today, but they said that the store was closing down.

Jun 23 Job: So I made a mistake. 2 of the 4 references on my resume, their numbers don't work. However, today I checked by calling the numbers. I then emailed one of them to get their number and since he works with one of the other references before, I asked for his number too.

After work I got home and after dinner, Things Engraved called me to do an interview. The manager says she goes to the Soup place all the time. I applied to Bellissma and Mayfair shoes. I'm not really interested in those two.

Jun 24 Saying: You know the saying "Beggars can not be choosers." Last summer was like that, I applied for jobs I didn't really want, but I needed to get a job. I did tell my co-worker Maygen that last summer I applied to jobs I wanted like Jacob Connexion, Le Chateau, and Carlton Cards. They only called in the fall when I was in school so I couldn't take the job. Maygen says: "That's because they hire people in the summer and when they quit, they look through the resumes and look for people to hire in the fall." Makes sense.

Today I got contacted to set up a job interview to be a cleaning person. Kim, the woman who called, said I applied there early June. Due to my memory, they would at least pay $11/hr. I would also probably get a little more respect from my parents and family. Another thing, I know I come off as a person that only does what my parents say. Leslie said that to me in an email. That's okay. Look at my brother. He does what my sister tells him to do. S tells him to take this course in the spring term, and he does and gets an A.

P is majoring in the same thing S did, so S does know what to do.

Jun 25 Charity: In today's news, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt donated $1 million to help Iraqi kids. That's great.

In other news, I got my 2nd paycheck stub from Clothing Store #3 and in total I made around $600. I went to a job interview at Things Engraved and I know for sure I didn't get the job. Sharon says I need to be committed to work full-time for this job and not be part-time and try out the job. The interview lasted 5min. Well then I got home and I got 2 phone calls, one from the bank and one from a fire department so I will be doing interviews there. So the cleaning attendant job will probably be my 3rd choice. The big company.  I should aim for that one.

No comments: