Tuesday, June 10, 2008

charity/ music/ analyze


TUESDAY, JUNE 10, 2008

charity/ music/ analyze

Jun 7 Charity: Yesterday the War Amps mailed me my tags for my keys. Last summer when I signed up to get my AB ID, I signed up for the War Amps for key tags. If I ever lose my keys, someone finds it, puts the key in the mailbox, and it will be sent right to me. There was a sticker and they were asking for donations. It did say: "You are not obligated to donate." Well then I won't. Overall, I don't really have a lot of money.

Clean: Today was productive; I cleaned my room. It's not really messy, but there are papers I did throw out. Such as putting the Clothing Store #2 and the Department Store papers into the envelope of all the other jobs that didn't work out like Asian Fast Food Place, Cafe #1, and Call Centre #3.

Music: Today I was listening to my old cassette tapes and I taped some songs from the cds I gave away like No Authority. It was a boy band. I liked them that all 4 guys, looked like they could be in a boy band and can sing and dance.

Here is there song "Can I get your number?" off their second album. I'm really impressed with the dance moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjIEjQfqac&NR=1

This is the song "Girlfriend" on their first album. They look really young, in their teens doing this show. I am impressed that they can dance fast to this song and can rotate with the mike stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWHy5xKsSEw&feature=related

This is the song "Don't Stop" which is their first single. However, this is not No Authority, it is a group of guys dancing to it. Some of the moves hot and is really fun to watch. At the end, they take off their shoes, which is from Usher's "You Make Me Wanna" video, which is what he did. Billie Woodruff directed that video and also the movie Honey starring Jessica Alba. It was about a choreographer helping make videos, so BW was like directing a big video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjoY9nBfuo

Jun 8: I am so nostalgic from thinking about this boyband. I went to www.y-generation.com but the site isn't there anymore. It had concert clips from pop groups. I remember this performance by NA, and they were all wearing clothes from Le Chateau, if I am correct. The dancing was impressive.

Now I am getting a flashback of the performance. By rewatching the "Number" video, it is Tommy and Ricky who sing the leads. However in the performance, Eric sings the bridge so they switched vocal parts. Towards the end of the song, E sings the slower version of the bridge, as he sings, the other 3 guys are crawling towards the front of the stage.

News: This fall Heroes will be back, with a 2 hr season premiere. Prior to it, they will have a 1hr clip show to review what happened the season before. I won't be watching the clip show. I'm trying to cut down on tv.

Jun 9: I read that the Canadian show The Best Years has been renewed for a 2nd season and will debut this fall. It came out last summer. Good for them. Also Instant Star is airing their last 4th season on CTV now.

Writing: I realized that I haven't been writing much. I was checking my school email, and I reminded of my lack of writing. What have I been doing? Reminiscing about boybands from the late 90s and early 2000s that's what. Well I have been doing other productive stuff like studying for my learner's permit and working and making money. I've also been looking for higher paying job. I completely justified myself.

Jun 10 Job: Yesterday was interesting. I went to work and bumped into Meghan from my class. She's working at a daycare that pays $14/hr. We talked about work and class. She was looking for wallets, but she didn't buy any. I also met the new girl Vanessa and she said about a call centre called Pivotal Research. V said it paid $12/hr, but she got laid off. If there isn't any work, she doesn't call people, she does paper work.

Today was my day off, and I passed out 11 resumes as an office assistant in downtown like: Malatest, Slate Personnel, a dental centre, WCB, Servus Credit Union, Blue Cross, Police Recruitment, Scotiabank, Comfort Contact Lens, HSBC, HDF Insurance and Financial Group. I went to Burger Baron. I used to go there when I worked at Ipsos from 2005-2006, once or twice a week. I haven't been there since 2006, but when I walked in there today, the guy who works there recognizes me. I do remember him.

Analyze: It's been a few hrs since I wrote the above 2 paragraphs. I heard this saying a couple of weeks ago: "Bad things come in pairs." Today I called Smart Set to see if I got hired, and she hired 2 other girls because they can give a flexible schedule. I did give 4 days out of 7 days a week to SS. So I didn't get hired. I knew I should have said that I would work at SS if I really liked it and have quit Clothing Store #3.

Then later, Dani called me and said: "I have bad news."
Me: You're firing me?
D: Yeah.
Me: It's because of my wardrobe right?
D: That and some other things. I told you before and you keep slapping me in the face.
Me: What did I do?
D: Tomorrow, come by and drop off your keys and then I'll tell you why.

Well I did follow the dress code. I never wore jeans, only my black dress pants. I wore sneakers, because we are allowed to. I wore my Kyle Riabko shirts for awhile and then she told me not to, so I went with the shirts without logos on them. I then put a thin black zipped up shirt/jacket over it. It's from Roots, but it only had a little white beaver on it. I did wear my blue yoga zipped up jacket, there is a little Roots on the back of it.

I only made 1 mistake when I left my keys there, and Dani had to open the store instead. I was always on time, never missed a shift. I thought my past transgression was forgiven. I had taken the job when she hired me, then when I told my parents they told me to not take it. I go to the store and tell them I won't be coming in tomorrow. 3 weeks later, I go back and D hires me.

A couple of weeks ago, D fires 2 girls for only working 1 or 2 shifts a week. She hires 2 new girls to replace them. D told me that she may have to fire a 3rd girl, and I was one of the choices. Yesterday I was sick or maybe allergies, but I kept blowing my nose. When D told me to do something, I did it. D did tell me that she fired a lot of girls. I never gave attitude to her or any customers. The customers weren't bad. I could call SS back and say I'm a free agent.

I thought I had right my wrongs. Last summer I thought I got hired at Call Centre #3, so I didn't do the job interview at Clothing Store #3. Then I didn't get hired at Call Centre #3. This summer I took the job at Clothing Store #3. Then I turned it down. Then I got the job again. I could ask D to be a reference for me. I did ask her that when she told me who she was going to fire. But that was then, this is now. I may not get her as a reference. There is still Claires, and they are hiring.

No comments: